• SOLD - Shut up and take my money

60 29.27%
  • Need to see / hold one first

109 53.17%
  • Prefer all touch devices not interested

16 7.80%
  • Ugly not interested

20 9.76%
    I wanted to know if anyone else was in the same boat here on the upcoming Blackberry Passport. When the first rough image of this device was leaked I was really disappointed ... I thought the device looked awkward and disproportionate but ever since I saw the picture of it in John Chen's hand after the last Blackberry conference call my opinion started to change. Since then with the surplus of leaked images and articles outlining some of it's advanced features I'm really digging the look of this phone but there is just one last thing keeping me from completely being sold on this thing....

I NEED TO HOLD ONE... plain and simple , if I can get my hands on one and it feels right in my hand and I can slip in in my pocket (hopefully) it's a done deal.

Anyone else holding out on a final decision until you can pick one up at a store?

Luke
    cgallaer and Mr4aces like this.
    07-13-14 12:06 PM
    The ONLY thing that is holding me before i can pick one up is money. I dont have money! a broke college student. Haha. But i agree, i really hated the leaked pic however after looking up some pics of chen then some vids, i actually started to like it.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    GRojasHruska and neoberry99 like this.
    07-13-14 12:16 PM
    The ONLY thing that is holding me before i can pick one up is money. I dont have money! a broke college student. Haha. But i agree, i really hated the leaked pic however after looking up some pics of chen then some vids, i actually started to like it.

Donate to a sperm bank or sell your blood lol

Also

Posted via My Awsome Passport
    07-13-14 12:21 PM
    Donate to a sperm bank or sell your blood lol

Also

Posted via My Awsome Passport
    *Awesome

I guess you didn't use the "capacitive" keyboard to swipe up to enter next word on your passport huh?

Should i save some on the fridge for my future wife just in case i become infertile because of donating daily?

Gatmyer likes this.
    07-13-14 12:39 PM
    I too need to use it and see the dimension and how apps that are meant for a different format can display on a square screen.
    07-13-14 12:43 PM
    Yep I want to hold it and feel it and give it a test run before I part with my hard earned pennies.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 12:46 PM
    in Canada you do not get paid for these things, and most of us are not US citizens - also sperm donations are really only of value if you have AT LEAST your masters degree even in the US
    07-13-14 12:51 PM
    in Canada you do not get paid for these things, and most of us are not US citizens - also sperm donations are really only of value if you have AT LEAST your masters degree even in the US
    Masters degree is a requirement to get paid for sperms? Why will it raise the probability that the offspring is intelligent too? I'm curious lol.

fuztop and redsaph like this.
    07-13-14 12:54 PM
    Masters degree is a requirement to get paid for sperms? Why will it raise the probability that the offspring is intelligent too? I'm curious lol.

That is correct.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 01:06 PM
    I share the same opinion as you I need to hold one in my hand. I also need to see how android apps run on the square screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 01:38 PM
    I was sold on this device from the very first leaked picture. But lately, i feel that the apps I need are not properly usable. Therefore, im unsure whether i will buy the passport or iphone 6. To me bb10 is the best OS out there, but the lack of fully functioning apps is killing it.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    07-13-14 01:46 PM
    Suspicious of the virtual shift key. If i go to physical keyboard, I want it to be physical. But yes, I'm definitely trying it out to see if they implemented it in a way that hits the ball out of the park and 3 times round the moon.
    07-13-14 01:49 PM

It's got nothing to do with the offsprings, mate. It's for the mother to answer when being asked about the father.
    07-13-14 02:16 PM
    That is correct.

Posted via CB10
    What do high degree master-bators get for their donations?
    Back to the subject at hand though - I will get a passport, no doubt. BUT, after, I will have to see if it is of any use to me as my present Z10, i.e. can I get a rugged case for it, will it hang from my belt relatively unobtrusively, will it make sense in the field?
    07-13-14 02:29 PM
    Wanna hold it and type a few random sentences to get a feel for the keyboard.
    07-13-14 03:00 PM
    I will have to see if it is of any use to me as my present Z10, i.e. can I get a rugged case for it, will it hang from my belt relatively unobtrusively, will it make sense in the field?
    I agree. I have to have a good case that protects the phone and hangs from my belt.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 03:17 PM
    I would like to hold it first, but since I'm in the U.S., I probably won't have that option.
    So I'm planning on just getting it anyways, I'm sold on it personally.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 03:18 PM
    I wanted to know if anyone else was in the same boat here on the upcoming Blackberry Passport. When the first rough image of this device was leaked I was really disappointed ... I thought the device looked awkward and disproportionate but ever since I saw the picture of it in John Chen's hand after the last Blackberry conference call my opinion started to change. Since then with the surplus of leaked images and articles outlining some of it's advanced features I'm really digging the look of this phone but there is just one last thing keeping me from completely being sold on this thing....

I NEED TO HOLD ONE... plain and simple , if I can get my hands on one and it feels right in my hand and I can slip in in my pocket (hopefully) it's a done deal.

Anyone else holding out on a final decision until you can pick one up at a store?

Luke
    If the note can fit in your pocket this one surely will. I will be buying it for sure. I simply love it. But I will also check the classic before committing on spending my hard earned money...

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 03:24 PM
    Therefore, im unsure whether i will buy the passport or iphone 6. To me bb10 is the best OS out there, but the lack of fully functioning apps is killing it.
    Wait. I thought the Passport is creating its own smartphone niche. It does not compete, at all, with the iPhone nor does it need to so how can you be deciding among the two? Just kidding. That's just what people say around here.
    07-13-14 03:26 PM
    I would like to hold it first, but since I'm in the U.S., I probably won't have that option.
    So I'm planning on just getting it anyways, I'm sold on it personally.

Posted via CB10
    You're totally right. I'm sure carriers won't have it on display to play with. May have to buy it and decide in 14 days if I like it or not.
    ilikebacon likes this.
    07-13-14 04:25 PM
    It will be very interesting to see the carrier support this time around .... even in Canada the interest has dwindled as we saw Rogers attempt to go away from Blackberry and my carrier Koodo is currently discounting its last BB10 phone the Q5 for $150 dollars no contract.
    07-13-14 04:42 PM
    Wait. I thought the Passport is creating its own smartphone niche. It does not compete, at all, with the iPhone nor does it need to so how can you be deciding among the two? Just kidding. That's just what people say around here.
    Haha. People need to understand that working apps are important. It doesnt matter if they don't use snapchat or instagram, but 99% of the consumer market does. Thats why iphone and android phone sells, and BlackBerry doesn't. Simple as that.

07-13-14 04:50 PM
    Haha. People need to understand that working apps are important. It doesnt matter if they don't use snapchat or instagram, but 99% of the consumer market does. Thats why iphone and android phone sells, and BlackBerry doesn't. Simple as that.

Exactly. If it doesn't play well with apps on its screen then it's a no go for me. It needs to be a dynamic screen that can deal with any ratio. Just not sure if that is possible .

From my z30
    07-13-14 06:37 PM
    I wont wait to hold, I didnt with my Q10 and dont want to wait till stores get one in. I have also heard that the stores rarely put an actual working BB phone for people to try.

I prefer to receive by mail and not deal with store people

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    07-13-14 06:45 PM
    Yep I want to hold it and feel it and give it a test run before I part with my hard earned pennies.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a girlfriend before the proposal and wedding!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    07-14-14 01:59 AM
51 123