Has anyone tried? Has anyone succeeded? If yes, how? If not, why? Are the phone's specs compatible?

I tried the original Play Store location, it says my device is not compatible. I'd like to know if there's a way around it, or if there's no point trying.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 01:19 PM
    App is designed for Android 4.4... so no it's not compatible.

Some have reported limited success in installing it via Cobalts solutions, and the app does require patching. But as yet I haven't seen anyone say that it is really working... It crashes or freezes or Pokemon don't show up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../index267.html
    07-12-16 01:41 PM
    Thank you for your reply.

I am aware that the app is designed for the newer versions of Android, however, none of the Android apps are made for BlackBerry and yet most of them work on BB10. So logically (?) one could presume that this app should work on BB too, to some degree?

I guess I'll have to try on my own and see what it does thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 01:59 PM
    Thank you for your reply.

I am aware that the app is designed for the newer versions of Android, however, none of the Android apps are made for BlackBerry and yet most of them work on BB10. So logically (?) one could presume that this app should work on BB too, to some degree?

I guess I'll have to try on my own and see what it does thanks!

Posted via CB10
    BB10 version 10.3.2 has an Android runtime that is built upon Android version 4.3. So any Android app that runs on older versions up to 4.3 itself has a chance of working on BB10. It's called backwards compatibility. Nothing on 4.4 or higher even has a remote chance of working since there is no 4.4 code in the BB10 Android runtime itself.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 07:05 PM
    Requires 4.4 as a version check but that can be hacked away. Deeply embedded with Google Services as Go was made by a former Google company who also made the AR game Ingress. Probably won't be able to patch that away to make it playable.
    07-12-16 07:13 PM
    BB10 version 10.3.2 has an Android runtime that is built upon Android version 4.3.
    everything clear, thanks! shame though.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 07:29 PM
    Lol I looked for this thread because I knew someone would ask!

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-12-16 07:58 PM
    App not compatible because the BlackBerry Passport is not a toy

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-12-16 08:27 PM
    It won't and never will. Get a new phone ansroid or iOS. Move on!
    07-12-16 08:29 PM
    Why and who cares

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-13-16 12:18 AM
    I tried it on my cheap Amazon Fire tablet with CM12 since it won't install on my Passport. What a dumb game. And yet I see these morons walking around and on the busses with the instantly recognizable blue/green gps map on their screens. LOL. What is the world coming to?
    07-13-16 01:27 PM
    That's a bummer... the Passport would have been the ideal device to play the game. Just look at the size of the screen and the phone in comparison to the old GB!
    skinnymike1 and Sheltinka like this.
    07-13-16 01:52 PM
    It's working on mine, but it has to be the first app opened after a reboot and when it crashes you have to reboot the phone to get it working again.

What I've been doing is using my bros ipad mini and tethering it to my passport. Works great, and each of the devices uses less battery bc they are sharing the workload

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 03:39 PM
    That's a bummer... the Passport would have been the ideal device to play the game. Just look at the size of the screen and the phone in comparison to the old GB!
    I know, right?! Fair point!

FSeverino, that sounds unnecessarily bothersome (plus I have no iPad) :/ Thanks for the input though!

I wish morons who have nothing relevant to the topic to say would just keep their stupid remarks to themselves.
    Oh well. Guess not everyone can be as smart as their smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 04:38 PM

Guess not everyone can be as smart as their smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the new slogan!
    Sheltinka likes this.
    07-13-16 08:11 PM
    07-13-16 08:24 PM