If any of you watch Pocketnow Daily, the past week and a half with BlackBerry/Android news has created some pretty biased commentary from the host Jaime Rivera.

Specifically this episode last week where he says "BlackBerry 10 is terrible" (bottom of this post) with no examples or explanations to back his claim, and today's episode (in post # 2 because CB doesn't like 2 videos in one post) where he says "And for all 3 of you excited for this BlackBerry...don't raise your hands please..."

He's been chasing the spec dragon for far too long and sucking on the Droid's D. I can guarantee you he hasn't used a BlackBerry device for longer than 3 days. Funny how pervasive bashing BlackBerry is in tech media.

I really hope BlackBerry makes a comeback.

Go to 2min19sec
    06-18-15 11:33 PM

Go to 1min33sec
    Last edited by Poi25; 06-19-15 at 12:05 AM.
    06-18-15 11:36 PM
    If any of you watch Pocketnow Daily, the past week and a half with BlackBerry/Android news has created some pretty biased commentary from the host Jaime Rivera.

Specifically this episode last week where he says "BlackBerry 10 is terrible" (bottom of this post) with no examples or explanations to back his claim, and today's episode (in post # 2 because CB doesn't like 2 videos in one post) where he says "And for all 3 of you excited for this BlackBerry...don't raise your hands please..."

He's been chasing the spec dragon for far too long and sucking on the Droid's D. I can guarantee you he hasn't used a BlackBerry device for longer than 3 days. Funny how pervasive bashing BlackBerry is in tech media.

I really hope BlackBerry makes a comeback.

[video]https://youtu.be/HTefv7l0TCs?t=2m19s[/url]
    Go to 2min19sec
    Who really cares what Jaime Rivera says or do?

Posted via CB10
    btj likes this.
    06-19-15 12:13 AM
    Wow that was harsh.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 12:23 AM
    Not sure who he is but ok. Sure.
    06-19-15 12:46 AM
    He's allowed to dislike whatever he wants to dislike. Shouldn't affect one who likes BB10.
    JanuarJaguar and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-19-15 02:11 AM
    Jaime who?

-- Passport, Virgin Mobile (Toronto)
    06-19-15 02:27 AM
    That's his opinion. BB10 is great for me. If blackberry moves to android platform, I would probably have to use IOS device. I am currently using passport & iphone 6 plus.
    blambtn likes this.
    06-19-15 03:06 AM
    Who?

Posted via CB10
    officially_juju likes this.
    06-19-15 05:41 AM
    Who cares what this chap thinks of Passport. I don't, do you?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 04:33 PM
    I'm not the only one that noticed he was showing pre 10.3....right?

Posted via my new passport
    06-19-15 04:42 PM
    I certainly don't give a ****, but nonetheless, it just goes to show how media outlets spread FUD.

The show does have a massive following. I just wish they'd hold themselves to higher standards. Critique something with valid points, don't just spout BS; especially if you're putting yourself out there as a meaningful source of tech news.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    thymaster likes this.
    06-19-15 05:47 PM
    I will have to go back to my iPhone 6 if that happens. Can't stand Android.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    thymaster and Trauma Surgeon like this.
    06-19-15 06:47 PM
    I certainly don't give a ****, but nonetheless, it just goes to show how media outlets spread FUD.

The show does have a massive following. I just wish they'd hold themselves to higher standards. Critique something with valid points, don't just spout BS; especially if you're putting yourself out there as a meaningful source of tech news.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    I mean... it is what it is. They had already made up their mind from the get go. But I get where you're going with this. He didn't say anything to back up why it sucks.
    It's like me saying sushi sucks even though I only tried it twice.
    06-19-15 11:56 PM
    Looking up this man Rivera's bio on his site...he looks like a jack of all trades to me.

The old saying goes: a jack of all trades and a master of none. I would not give the review of a person like this Rivera any weight at all.

A review from a properly qualified and experienced individual, sure. Guys like this Rivera, absolutely not. He reminds me of career politicians. They play the role of Finance Minister, Defense Minister or Environmental Minister but don't actually have any work experience in the fields their ministry represents.

This is why as a general rule, I don't really pay too much attention to "professional" reviewers or bloggers, most of them have no relevant experience in the field they are writing about. If I want opinions of equipment and their performance, I'll speak to people who are experienced with the products or services and get their opinions directly.

I find these days that too many people take the opinions of bloggers as Gospel, rather than do their own legwork and make an educated decision.
    06-20-15 12:58 AM
    People will keep spreading these rumors because it allows people to find ways to nit pick at BB
    06-23-15 03:21 PM

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    I feel ya but there's a slight bit of irony in you sharing their stuff here for everyone else to watch. 'This is terrible! Go watch it' lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 07:37 PM
    I feel ya but there's a slight bit of irony in you sharing their stuff here for everyone else to watch. 'This is terrible! Go watch it' lol.
    Just like.... "Dude, omg, this ____ stinks. Smell it." You're gonna smell it even though you know it's bad, aren't you Bla1ze.
    06-23-15 08:20 PM
    It's funny when you think about stuff you usually don't think about.
    Tech blogging has went mainstream these days. That's why a blogger has become both a tech reviewer and an entertainer. He has to follow trends and make jokes. Bash BlackBerry and make jokes about the bending iPhone. It's not company specific, but whoever falls gets kicked instantly, and BlackBerry has been down for too long.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:32 PM
    Just like.... "Dude, omg, this ____ stinks. Smell it." You're gonna smell it even though you know it's bad, aren't you Bla1ze.
    Yup.. or 'It only hurts when I do this'
    06-24-15 04:04 PM