08-08-15 06:29 PM
36 12
tools
    Get "PocketSafe" app on the BBW... problem solved...

The best book-style case is StilGut...I have the black nappa on black Passport ... never once b*tt dialed keeping in front jeans pocket (not skin tight) screen IN...the case is superb !!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by patapoof; 07-29-15 at 08:28 PM.
    07-29-15 07:31 PM
    Use the BlackBerry OEM leather pocket.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:24 PM
    Pocket Safe. Problem solved !

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telus
    07-29-15 08:37 PM
    Oh No !! PocketSafe makes the red passport screen shatter, keyboard type in sanscrit, & translates all voice transmissions into a combination of Finnish, Hungarian, & Donald Duck !! Beware !!
    07-29-15 08:41 PM
    Pocket Safe works but Disabling swipe to Wake is just as good too. I have installed Pocket safe but it is a third party app, if it fails the native swipe to wake is safest bet. Few people mentioned about hot weather pocket dialling. It is not the case as I am regularly out in sun with temps running 40+c and never had this issue.
    07-29-15 09:20 PM
    I had the same problem, often taking the passport out of my pocket only to find he called my mother in law, replied some work emails, posted some comments in the forums and sent a resignation letter to my boss... :-S

Disabling swipe to wake works but I'm so used to wake my phone that way that it's a PITA not to have that...

Found the PocketSafe app in the BlackBerry Beta app and it's a God sent, completely solved my problem, really recommend it...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 09:38 PM
    its obvious that BB has serious software issues with bb10, especially with the PP and Classic. Swipe to wake does NOT work on the classic, and it looks to be the same on the PP... This is a serious issue , and after how many updates, still hasn't been corrected?? How does BB expect to become a software only company? Software is their WEAKEST suit.... Im ready to smash my classic because every time I pull it out of my pocket, I have to enter "blackberry" .. Im not about to install a third party app to stop this nonsense either, shouldn't have to....... this BS
    yvpan1 likes this.
    07-29-15 09:46 PM
    its obvious that BB has serious software issues with bb10, especially with the PP and Classic. Swipe to wake does NOT work on the classic, and it looks to be the same on the PP... This is a serious issue , and after how many updates, still hasn't been corrected?? How does BB expect to become a software only company? Software is their WEAKEST suit.... Im ready to smash my classic because every time I pull it out of my pocket, I have to enter "blackberry" .. Im not about to install a third party app to stop this nonsense either, shouldn't have to....... this BS
    I understand your frustration and share the sentiment but, I really enjoy my Passport and would not change it for any other phone in the market, does everything I need and does it beautiful... So installing a 3rd party app to correct a little quirk does not bother me at all and putting up with the problem just because it's something that BlackBerry should fix does not seem very smart to me... yeah yeah, I'll suffer for months and months and not install the little app that makes it all better, that will show them... lol...

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-29-15 09:54 PM
    I ended up buying a flip shell type case, problem solved permanently no app required.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 07:44 AM
    I've used a flip case with my Z10, it was really great and loved it! Unfortunately, Passport is too big to consider having a flip case, it just won't fit anymore in my pocket. It's already hard to type one handed without a case, it would be impossible with one.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 11:39 AM
    True.. very true..

Should email Michael Clewley about this serious issue..

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 06:29 PM
36 12