Thanks Thalakar. I was having a pocket dialing problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:55 AM
    1. Say u push the power button to switch off the screen.
    2. Phone is in your pocket
    3. U walk about and somehow your hip manages to swipe your phone, turning it on before your password timer kicks in.
    4. Your hip presses on the call icon and dials a contact.
    OK I see. So the problem might occur for users who set a password. I didn't, so in my case it's very unlikely this might happen.
    Stupid question: can't the password timer be set to zero, so it gets locked and pwd protected instantly?
    11-22-14 05:23 PM
    Its not laziness. Its inefficiency.

And i am already on 10.3
    So set up a shortcut key already and all you have to do is push the button (well long push on home) and you've just completed a black belt six sigma project

Waves the efficiency flag..

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 05:47 PM
    OK I see. So the problem might occur for users who set a password. I didn't, so in my case it's very unlikely this might happen.
    Stupid question: can't the password timer be set to zero, so it gets locked and pwd protected instantly?
    You cant set to zero. No such option. The playbook has tho, but not the phone.
    11-23-14 04:55 AM
    So set up a shortcut key already and all you have to do is push the button (well long push on home) and you've just completed a black belt six sigma project

Waves the efficiency flag..

Posted via CB10
    What? Lol.

Swipe to wake is a great feature. Disabling it to avoid accidental swipes that may lead to pocket dialing, yea no issue.
    11-23-14 04:55 AM
    The passport unlocks on u + enter so swipe to unlock is less of an issue.. with that said 10.3.1 appears to address buttdialing...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 07:17 AM
    The passport unlocks on u + enter so swipe to unlock is less of an issue.. with that said 10.3.1 appears to address buttdialing...

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by u + enter?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 08:28 AM
    We've discussed this before for all BlackBerry 10 devices. If you want to keep swipe to unlock but prevent pocket dialing, put the phone in any pocket (usually pants) with the screen facing outside not facing your leg.
    Before I did that I would sometimes take the phone out of my pocket to find that it took hundreds of photos.
    They make for pretty cool wallpapers if flash was turned on Lol

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    11-23-14 08:45 AM
    Ohhh and the hundreds of pictures taken by accident with blackberry devices :P

Have a dozen cool ones, though. If you like blue colors, feel free to use them as wallpapers
    First one looks like a expensive drawing

Z10 (red) OS 10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS 10.3.0.1418
    Attachment 316361
    Attachment 316363
    11-23-14 09:28 AM
    There is a new app called PocketSafe now
    available in BlackBerry World that prevents your phone from accidentally doing anything while in your pocket, even if you forget to lock the screen. PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:43 PM
35 12