i ussualy keep my pasport inside my coat pocket to keep it safe but it seems on ocasion i hear complaints that i have repeatedly called someone one my recent calling list anyone else have this problem.

posted via my passport to the universe
    11-21-14 06:14 AM
    Happened to me the odd time in the past, now I just lock the phone every time I pocket it. Problem solved.
    11-21-14 06:20 AM
    You can also disable swipe to wake in display settings which will ensure that only a power / lock press will activate the device.

Posted via CB10
    Qrackin likes this.
    11-21-14 06:54 AM
    No pocket dialing with my locked PP neither in coat nor in pants pocket.
    The only pocket problem I have with this phone is the unwanted muting of ringing, but I was told this is going to be addressed in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 07:17 AM
    Yes. This muting of ringing is very annoying and I got many missed calls a day

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 07:41 AM
    You must turn off swipe to wake in the Settings.

If you have no case, guaranteed it will pocket dial - every BB10 device I've owned has been bad for it otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:04 AM
    That Blackberry not fixed their OS regarding pocket dialing is beyond me. Can only hope their OS gets better with 10.4 because 10.3.1 is aweful

Z10 (red) OS 10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS 10.3.0.1418
    11-21-14 08:48 AM
    That Blackberry not fixed their OS regarding pocket dialing is beyond me. Can only hope their OS gets better with 10.4 because 10.3.1 is aweful

Z10 (red) OS 10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS 10.3.0.1418
    Well if you take the advice in this thread nothing Is really broken.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:51 AM
    You can also disable swipe to wake in display settings which will ensure that only a power / lock press will activate the device.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I do. Sorted.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    11-21-14 08:55 AM
    Swipe to unlock is one of the best features of BB10, so there's no way i'd use a BB without it. I've had pocket dialling occurring and it's unacceptable. I don't believe this is as easy as a simple software fix as the screen is extremely sensitive. Either way it needs to be addressed as it's the only BB i've used that suffers from pocket dialling, and for a power device for business users, this is totally unacceptable.
    11-21-14 09:14 AM
    Swipe to unlock is one of the best features of BB10, so there's no way i'd use a BB without it. I've had pocket dialling occurring and it's unacceptable. I don't believe this is as easy as a simple software fix as the screen is extremely sensitive. Either way it needs to be addressed as it's the only BB i've used that suffers from pocket dialling, and for a power device for business users, this is totally unacceptable.
    It happened on my Q10 also until I disabled swipe to wake.

Swipe to unlock never heard of it

Anyway you can set yer device to allow a lock when you hold power for reboot and then can lock it each time you put it in your pocket

No chance for pocket dial

PS - if you are using a 10.1.3 leak you can set a shortcut keybind to whatever you want for a long press lock device as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:27 AM
    Happened all the time to my passport. I find it only happens for a specific pair of pants, dunno what's up with the material, maybe the pocket was thinner and my thigh was activating swipes, I dont' know. It works fine in my jeans etc
    11-21-14 11:14 AM
    Everyphone i have had or everyone else i know their phones pocket dial too.

Pocket dialing is a universal problem. It's not just limited to BlackBerry.

From apples to samsung they all pocket dial. I know because I always get random calls by mistake lol

Can't wait for 10.1 and setting shortcut for phone lock

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:24 PM
    Funny how I've never ever pocket dialled or texted someone... maybe it's because I don't allow "swipe to wake" and I also lock the phone every time I put it in my pocket.

Try those 2 options and you should be golden.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    11-21-14 01:30 PM

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-21-14 03:42 PM
    Honestly, I've never had a real problem... sure it's done it on the odd occasion and I know people who have had the problem. But, I haven't experienced anything worse then any other phone. Maybe I have thick pockets, I tend to wear jeans. And, one person I know who has had the problem tends to wear dress pants.

Turning off swipe to wake is a natural solution, but I wonder if sometimes people swipe as they slide the phone into their pocket. I have definitely done this on occasion and have had pockets dials because of it.
    11-21-14 06:28 PM
    Pocket dialing CAN be fixed if the BlackBerry guys wants to.

Perhaps they can change the power button to lock the device immediately when pressed rather than to turn off the screen and wait for the lock timer to kick in.

This way, pocket swipes will not get pass the lock screen. At most is to end up with 5 times wrong passcode entries.
    11-21-14 06:46 PM
    Pocket dialing CAN be fixed if the BlackBerry guys wants to.

Perhaps they can change the power button to lock the device immediately when pressed rather than to turn off the screen and wait for the lock timer to kick in.

This way, pocket swipes will not get pass the lock screen. At most is to end up with 5 times wrong passcode entries.
    Or the user can lock the phone themselves . Like before they put it in their pocket!

Innovative thinking

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 10:38 PM
    Each time by holding down the power button and then click lock?

That is few seconds wasted.
    11-22-14 12:29 AM
    Sorry I don't get this. When I push the power=lock button on my bb, the screen is off AND the phone is locked. No waiting for any timers to kick in.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 03:16 AM
    Each time by holding down the power button and then click lock?

That is few seconds wasted.
    Well wait for 10.3 or get a leak as you set a direct keyboard shortcut to compensate for your laziness

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 03:28 AM
    Sorry I don't get this. When I push the power=lock button on my bb, the screen is off AND the phone is locked. No waiting for any timers to kick in.

Posted via CB10
    I think you just turning your phones screen off and with swipe to wake disabled unless you hit power the phone won't activate.

Lock means lock screen with password etc if enabled

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 03:37 AM
    I think you just turning your phones screen off and with swipe to wake disabled unless you hit power the phone won't activate.

Lock means lock screen with password etc if enabled

Posted via CB10
    I know about lock screen, but I still don't get the issue. I can't think of a pocket dialing scenario on my phone, other than mistakenly pushing the power button, then mistakenly swiping up, then mistakenly tapping the phone icon, and finally mistakenly tapping a number that was in my call log.

This is VERY unlikely to happen, in this particular order.

Of course, providing I locked the phone, by pushing the power button once, before putting it into my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:44 AM
    Its not laziness. Its inefficiency.

And i am already on 10.3
    11-22-14 06:48 AM
    I know about lock screen, but I still don't get the issue. I can't think of a pocket dialing scenario on my phone, other than mistakenly pushing the power button, then mistakenly swiping up, then mistakenly tapping the phone icon, and finally mistakenly tapping a number that was in my call log.

This is VERY unlikely to happen, in this particular order.

Of course, providing I locked the phone, by pushing the power button once, before putting it into my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    1. Say u push the power button to switch off the screen.
    2. Phone is in your pocket
    3. U walk about and somehow your hip manages to swipe your phone, turning it on before your password timer kicks in.
    4. Your hip presses on the call icon and dials a contact.
    11-22-14 06:53 AM
35 12