I have some files on my memory card which are shown in gallery. How can I remove these files without deleting completely. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 11:51 AM
    I have some files on my memory card which are shown in gallery. How can I remove these files without deleting completely. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    You will need to make a " .nomedia " text file, put it into a folder on your BlackBerry's SD card, then move the files you do not want to be visible in any of your media apps.
    1. On a PC, right click on the desktop and select a New / Text Document.
    2. Rename the text file " .nomedia " (DOT nomedia) without the quotes. You do not need to add any text to the text file, it's just the file name that does the trick.
    3. Connect your Blackberry to the PC.
    4. Navigate to the SD card through Explorer.
    5. Right click and select New / Folder, this will create a folder called New Folder on your SD card. You can rename it to whatever you want.
    6. Open that folder and copy the .nomedia file into it.
    7. Now move all the media files you want to be hidden from within the various media apps into that folder.

This will cause the various media apps to ignore the contents of the folder and not cache thumbnails to display what is in the folder within those apps.
    You can still access those files and view/play them with the File Manger apps, but they will not show as thumbnails in the Photos, Gallery, Music, or Videos apps.
    Rico4you likes this.
    02-11-17 03:23 PM
    You will need to make a " .nomedia " text file, put it into a folder on your BlackBerry's SD card, then move the files you do not want to be visible in any of your media apps.
    2. Rename the text file " .nomedia " (DOT nomedia) without the quotes. You do not need to add any text to the text file, it's just the file name that does the trick.
    5. Right click and select New / Folder, this will create a folder called New Folder on your SD card. You can rename it to whatever you want.
    7. Now move all the media files you want to be hidden from within the various media apps into that folder.

This will cause the various media apps to ignore the contents of the folder and not cache thumbnails to display what is in the folder within those apps.
    You can still access those files and view/play them with the File Manger apps, but they will not show as thumbnails in the Photos, Gallery, Music, or Videos apps.
    Exactly what I want!! Thanks a lot bro! I'll try it. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-11-17 03:51 PM
    Tried that on my passport. It didn't work for me

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 04:06 PM
    Tried that on my passport. It didn't work for me

Posted via CB10
    It works perfectly when done correctly. Just re-read the instructions.
    02-18-17 04:20 PM
    You can simply select them, swipe down from the top and select Hide. That simple. They'll be in your memory, but won't show up in the gallery.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 04:20 PM

If you'll take my advice:

!!!Do NOT create that .nomedia file. Never. Ever. Bad idea. !!!

I done it a while back because I didn't want my Whatsapp pictures appearing in my pictures app. Long story short: camera pictures stopped showing up there even though I'd saved the nomedia file to a different directory. It was an absolute nightmare managing to get rid of the file, since .* files are hidden in most file managers.

Most wanted features in the Mercury: https://www.poll-maker.com/results79...e47C8-32#tab-2
    02-18-17 05:42 PM
    If you'll take my advice:

!!!Do NOT create that .nomedia file. Never. Ever. Bad idea. !!!

I done it a while back because I didn't want my Whatsapp pictures appearing in my pictures app. Long story short: camera pictures stopped showing up there even though I'd saved the nomedia file to a different directory. It was an absolute nightmare managing to get rid of the file, since .* files are hidden in most file managers.

Most wanted features in the Mercury: https://www.poll-maker.com/results79...e47C8-32#tab-2
    The .nomedia files are visible when you connect the device to a computer or via Ghost Commander.
    It isn't a big deal.
    02-18-17 06:00 PM
    The .nomedia files are visible when you connect the device to a computer or via Ghost Commander.
    It isn't a big deal.
    It was a nightmare finding it for me, which is why I'm sharing this.

02-19-17 05:10 AM
    You can simply select them, swipe down from the top and select Hide. That simple. They'll be in your memory, but won't show up in the gallery.

Posted via CB10
    This

Or you can install some file hiding app (like private suite pro) if hiding stuff is what you are looking for.

CB10 on my PP SE
    02-19-17 06:57 AM