03-11-17 11:10 AM
53 123
tools
    I got mine last week for£75 used, messenger10 and BlackBerry facebook works fine, what's app may not work in mid 2017, but I don't care, there's always an alternative if people want to get hold of you. At this sort of price you're not really loosing out as a new phone will loose more money as soon as you open the box..
    £75 ....wow

You are right...no worries to loose money here.

CB10 on my PP SE
    03-03-17 11:43 AM
    I may be getting a Passport tomorrow.I ve really been admiring that device for quite sometime now. My major concern is about how long will the android 4.3 runtime survive from 2017. and also one major reason is Whatsapp. I dont care whether its the native or android version. so far as i can get it working on the passport , am good. Taking a look at the android versions distribution numbers , android 4.3 doesn't look like its gonna survive for long. If google pulls the plug, then we done. and also a major app like Whatsapp can just kill android 4.3 support easily. Please advice me whether to go in for the passport or make another choice. Thanks.
    If you like then go for it. IMO passport! You won't regret.
    03-03-17 11:52 AM
    Just get it the screen is better. Why not make a tablet the second device. That's what they were designed for anyway.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    03-03-17 12:03 PM
    If you are technically inclined, I say go ahead and get the Passport. Whatsapp may extend again if BB10 users make a case for it. Either way, the android version seems to work on 4.3 so even if the native app goes, you still have the option of android.

But if you don't have the patience for or ability to do the Cobalt workaround for the Google play store, then just wait for the KEYone, since it will have the convenient keyboard as well as all the crap Nougat makes available.
    03-04-17 01:00 AM
    thanks guys for the replies, but seriously am still on the fence. hehehe
    Hey kwartey, many people here seem almost paid by BlackBerry to discourage people from using BB10 and move on to Android. Don't let them discourage you. It's the greatest phone and OS in the world.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 02:51 AM
    I've honestly never heard of someone using a Passport as a secondary device while using another OS.

I've always heard of someone using a BlackBerry as a daily driver and then using another OS to supplement.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-04-17 06:53 AM
    Hey kwartey, many people here seem almost paid by BlackBerry to discourage people from using BB10 and move on to Android. Don't let them discourage you. It's the greatest phone and OS in the world.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think people are trying to fully discourage someone from getting a bb10 device. We just want the op to know exactly what they're purchasing and any limitations the device may have. Everyone uses their device for different reasons and it would be a shame to have someone get a device based off someone else's opinion without getting all of the facts.

I use a passport se on a daily basis and love it. It fits my needs perfectly but I wouldn't recommend this device for my wife. It doesn't fit her daily needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 08:25 AM
    I may be getting a Passport tomorrow.....

Please advice me whether to go in for the passport or make another choice. Thanks.
    So did you get the Passport?

The answer would give the thread some closure... Otherwise it might become one of those going on and on with the OP long not caring anymore ;-)

CB10 on my PP SE
    MB64 likes this.
    03-04-17 11:58 AM
    I don't think people are trying to fully discourage someone from getting a bb10 device. We just want the op to know exactly what they're purchasing and any limitations the device may have. Everyone uses their device for different reasons and it would be a shame to have someone get a device based off someone else's opinion without getting all of the facts.

I use a passport se on a daily basis and love it. It fits my needs perfectly but I wouldn't recommend this device for my wife. It doesn't fit her daily needs.

Posted via CB10
    I understand but it's not hard to comprehend the limits and future risks. Why tell someone "it's a dead OS and you should get the new Android phone coming out"?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 01:01 PM
    I understand but it's not hard to comprehend the limits and future risks. Why tell someone "it's a dead OS and you should get the new Android phone coming out"?

Posted via CB10
    Oh for sure. Some people are a little more blunt about it than others or simply have other app needs that bb10 doesn't provide. To each their own I guess.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 01:16 PM
    Wondering if the OP got the Passport or not. It's been a lot of tomorrow's.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-05-17 07:57 AM
    Sorry i havent been apply to reply. Am on a trip and the network is terrible here.I said "may" so I still haven't gotten it yet. Those who suggest I go with android , I will say no because the BB 10 experience to me is unique. I really admire blackberry because of the typing experience and the refreshed OS. Since the os is technically dead , it will be wise not to shell out lots of money for a BB10 device. If I could get the passport for less than $100 , that will be cool. I should start thinking of the q10 rather . It wouldn't be my primary device either. If only Whatsapp would extended the support time to next year then cool, I wont bother spending mote on the passport since that's the most important app to me. What do you guys think? Also thanks to all for ur contributions.
    03-05-17 11:21 AM
    But the KEYONE still does not have the full functionality of the Passport. Like when in a webpage or app you can hit the "T" or the "B" to go to the top or the bottom of the page instantly. If your tech savvy get the Passport but if you not and are coming from an iPhone just get the KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    You are wrong. Unless they changed the function since the priv you absolutely can use the t or b button on the pkb to do that. Didn't know about the function, tried it on my priv just to see if you were right. Only pointing this out because for the several reasons bb10 is probably only a good idea right now if you are a diehard that uses few apps, you shouldn't tell people not to buy a different phone based on functions you assume aren't there. If im wrong it's because they got rid of the option you mentioned since the priv. Just wanted you to be aware it didn't die with the passport
    03-05-17 11:27 AM
    You are wrong. Unless they changed the function since the priv you absolutely can use the t or b button on the pkb to do that. Didn't know about the function, tried it on my priv just to see if you were right. Only pointing this out because for the several reasons bb10 is probably only a good idea right now if you are a diehard that uses few apps, you shouldn't tell people not to buy a different phone based on functions you assume aren't there. If im wrong it's because they got rid of the option you mentioned since the priv. Just wanted you to be aware it didn't die with the passport
    Try it in the web browser and Let me know please. Pretty sure they said it only works in the HUB

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 11:29 AM
    Try it in the web browser and Let me know please. Pretty sure they said it only works in the HUB

Posted via CB10
    It worked on this forum but I'll go try it in the browser and get back to you. OK doesn't seem to work in Firefox but it does work on this site in the app. Page down with the spacebar works here and in the browser. I can go try different browsers. I'm going to now just to see if one does work lol. So at this point I concede that you are partially correct.
    03-05-17 11:34 AM
    Sorry i havent been apply to reply. Am on a trip and the network is terrible here.I said "may" so I still haven't gotten it yet. Those who suggest I go with android , I will say no because the BB 10 experience to me is unique. I really admire blackberry because of the typing experience and the refreshed OS. Since the os is technically dead , it will be wise not to shell out lots of money for a BB10 device. If I could get the passport for less than $100 , that will be cool. I should start thinking of the q10 rather . It wouldn't be my primary device either. If only Whatsapp would extended the support time to next year then cool, I wont bother spending mote on the passport since that's the most important app to me. What do you guys think? Also thanks to all for ur contributions.
    Getting a PP for less than $100 that's ambitious. As you already pointed out a q10 or even a Classic might be easier to get in that price range.

CB10 on my PP SE
    03-05-17 01:10 PM
    But the KEYONE still does not have the full functionality of the Passport. Like when in a webpage or app you can hit the "T" or the "B" to go to the top or the bottom of the page instantly. If your tech savvy get the Passport but if you not and are coming from an iPhone just get the KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong
    03-05-17 02:22 PM
    Wrong
    Oh well then.......... I guess I stand corrected lol

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 05:38 PM
    Android is fun when you can mess around with the internals. So the bootloader has to be unlocked with a custom recovery and rooted. Blackberry android gives basic security for those who don't want to go through the headache of messing with the internals but it leaves little options for getting rid of Google gunk or Google bugs/apps

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 12:03 AM
    Just forget android upgrade. BlackBerry CEO always says blackberry is a software company. But they always treat customer. BB10 is best system about smart phone. But they don't want to continue update anymore . If you choose passport just like me. I congratulation to you

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 04:33 AM
    I may be getting a Passport tomorrow.I ve really been admiring that device for quite sometime now. My major concern is about how long will the android 4.3 runtime survive from 2017. and also one major reason is Whatsapp. I dont care whether its the native or android version. so far as i can get it working on the passport , am good. Taking a look at the android versions distribution numbers , android 4.3 doesn't look like its gonna survive for long. If google pulls the plug, then we done. and also a major app like Whatsapp can just kill android 4.3 support easily. Please advice me whether to go in for the passport or make another choice. Thanks.
    Another view point, once you get the phone, turn off auto update and install the 4 required Cobalt APKS to use Play Store, any Apps you download don't update it, as you have no idea what was changed which may make it stop functioning. That's my approach to using my Passport for several more years. Also, I saved all things Cobalt, any other things like sachesi is already on PC, save anything not part of bbos10 in a special folder on your PC, if you can back up after you get it where you want, then do that too. I think you'll be good for at least three years.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 07:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agree man, there is something about the wife that always wants android/ios. My wife hate the leap after a year of using it, so I have "settle" her with dtek50 instead of going for s7 or iphone 7

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 06:07 PM
    Agree man, there is something about the wife that always wants android/ios. My wife hate the leap after a year of using it, so I have "settle" her with dtek50 instead of going for s7 or iphone 7

Posted via CB10
    Ha, yeah. She just doesn't want to deal with workarounds. She uses social media and different apps and just wants it to work.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 06:09 PM
    Great phone

Yep. A PassPort.
    03-06-17 08:37 PM
    You might be better served with something else given the number of signal problem threads
    03-08-17 11:47 AM
53 123