I am looking for a solution to stream videos from my PC running media server (plex, etc.) and show them on my hdtv with the PlayOn feature that fills the whole screen. I have tried android version of plex client but there is no playon feature and all videos play in Passport's square resolution. BTW I am using Miracast dongle on my hdtv (Netgear push 2 tv). Any native solutions? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:33 PM
    There is a third party plex client that is native but I haven't gotten it to work but I just downloaded it today.

I just got a roku 3 last week and both miracast and playon work with the built in apps.

As for plex, with the roku you have a built in plex client plus a bb10 app to control it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:58 PM
    Kalemsoft media player is what you are looking for. A few weeks ago I sent a support request asking if they could enable the full screen for the SlimPort connection. They said they were working on it and the update arrived a few days later.

The app is in BlackBerryWorld. You could send them a support request asking if the Playon function will work with Miracast.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:58 PM
    Kalemsoft media player is what you are looking for. A few weeks ago I sent a support request asking if they could enable the full screen for the SlimPort connection. They said they were working on it and the update arrived a few days later.

The app is in BlackBerryWorld. You could send them a support request asking if the Playon function will work with Miracast.

Posted via CB10
    Robsteve, can you see if you get a playon option when playing your media with Kalemsoft? I emailed the developer but no response yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 04:44 PM
    It seems there is no Miracast option for Play On yet.

Something I would really like to see is ISO file playback.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 09:39 PM
    Robsteve, can you see if you get a playon option when playing your media with Kalemsoft? I emailed the developer but no response yet.

Posted via CB10
    Kalemsoft works full screen with an HDMI cable, but not with Miracast. With the HDMI the movie goes full screen automatically. When I used Miracast and Kalemsoft, it just played in a square box on the TV screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 10:14 PM
    I beg to differ. I purchased an Asus miracast dongle while in Hong Kong and I play on and stream full screen!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:19 AM
    I beg to differ. I purchased an Asus miracast dongle while in Hong Kong and I play on and stream full screen!

Posted via CB10
    I can do that too, but only using files on the phone and the native video app.

The original question was about an app that could stream from a PC to a TV via Miracast.

This reminds me, if you are using a windows PC, Kalemsoft has the streaming software on their website to host the streaming on the PC.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Silver, can you please post some screen shots showing the steps to get Miracast go full screen with remotely streamed (not local) files? Ironically, I just accidentally found out that Plex web client (in BlackBerry browser) can stream Miracast full screen, but the interface is not optimized for mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:12 AM
    Silver, can you please post some screen shots showing the steps to get Miracast go full screen with remotely streamed (not local) files? Ironically, I just accidentally found out that Plex web client (in BlackBerry browser) can stream Miracast full screen, but the interface is not optimized for mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    I'll try and get to this tomorrow. Busy completing an important pitch.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:38 AM
    I'll try and get to this tomorrow. Busy completing an important pitch.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 01:45 PM
    Bump! With 10.3.1 hitting our Passports has anyone figured this out?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:40 PM