hi guys,

im a blackberry user before and my last bb was th 9900 and im currently using a samsung note2. i think its time for me to go back to BB and i think blackberry passport is the phone for me. but i need a Few questions answered w/c are essential to for my everyday use.

1. does this have an active sync like the android/iphone? I need to sync my google contacts and microsoft contacts. i also need to access my work email account (microsoft exchange)
    2. is the igram exactly the same as the instagram? Or can i download instagram and other android apps?
    3. i dont need a BES right? (Assuming this has an active sync). just a regular data plan will do like any android phones?
    4. im sure skype/viber/whatsap can be used?
    5. how does the blacberry blend work? Can this be sync to an android tablet?

The reason why i love bb is they are a work phone. i dont need it for movies/magazine/books/games because i already have a tablet for that.

thanks for your time guys ☺
    11-25-14 09:10 AM
    1) yes
    2) i dont use instagram but people here who do say its better than the the real instagram app
    3) i use a regular data plan all my emails and contacts sync fine
    4)yes, yes, and yes skype and whatsapp are available in bberry world viber has to be installed thru snap or amazon app store or where ever you can get an apk for it a long as the app is running it will work fine however if you close the app you wont get notifications being that it isnt a native app.
    5) i dont think you can do that i think its from phone to cpu thats it

if you need a phone for work than you've come to the right place
    11-25-14 10:06 AM
    Blackberry blend can be used on an android tablet or an ipad
    11-25-14 10:43 AM
    How? Is there an app?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:47 AM
    I believe that BlackBerry Blend will be on all platform once released, I think only PassPort users can use Blend at this time via Windows, not sure about Mac.

how it works, look at it like it's a dashboard of your phone on your computer or device. Not complicated to use, can be very handy, my buddy has it, I didn't think I would use something like that, but after seeing it, it's pretty darn cool.
    11-25-14 11:03 AM
    Blackberry Blend is a game changer. Nothing else out there like it as of yet. You're thinking of active sync being the standard. The BlackBerry Hub is the best messaging/notification center I've ever seen, and Blend brings it on to your computer And Android tab or ipad in a secure fashion, using your BlackBerry phone as the point of reference.

There's a link to the Google play appstore on BlackBerry's own site. Needs kitkat 4.4. Or just Google "download BlackBerry Blend APK". Found a successful hit on the first page.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:06 AM
    Blend is on PC, Mac, Android tablets and iPads. PC version is awesome, Android tablet? Not so much.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:06 AM
    I use it on both my mac and pc

However, wanting to know how to put on galaxy tablet

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:08 AM
    Just search the play store for BlackBerry Blend. Not sure what the OS requirements are, it may be locked to newer Android revisions.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:10 AM
    hi guys,

im a blackberry user before and my last bb was th 9900 and im currently using a samsung note2. i think its time for me to go back to BB and i think blackberry passport is the phone for me. but i need a Few questions answered w/c are essential to for my everyday use.

1. does this have an active sync like the android/iphone? I need to sync my google contacts and microsoft contacts. i also need to access my work email account (microsoft exchange)
    2. is the igram exactly the same as the instagram? Or can i download instagram and other android apps?
    3. i dont need a BES right? (Assuming this has an active sync). just a regular data plan will do like any android phones?

The reason why i love bb is they are a work phone. i dont need it for movies/magazine/books/games because i already have a tablet for that.

Hi, welcome back (hopefully).

1. Yes
    2. Better and Yes
    3. Regular smartphone plan
    4. Yes
    5. BlackBerry Blend works essentially as an extension of the phone but in the interests of security, it doesn't store anything on the computer/tablet when you disconnect. Yes, it can be used with an Android tablet (I believe) I'm going to go away and substantiate that.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-25-14 12:03 PM
    planning to go back to blackberry but need some questions anwered-img_20141125_181151.png
    planning to go back to blackberry but need some questions anwered-img_20141125_181008.png

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-25-14 12:12 PM
    1. One of my email accounts (1 of 4) is an Outlook email at work through a MS Exchange server, and it works perfectly. Active Sync is turned on in the account settings. When I loaded my gmail account and my outlook.com account, they populated the contacts list immediately, completely, and automatically.
    3. Correct.
    My Passport is my own work phone and it's the best phone I've ever used, and as you can see from my signature, I've used several.
    -Puck- likes this.
    11-25-14 12:26 PM
    You should watch the Phonedog_Cam 30-day Passport challenge.. He's currently on day 21, and covers a lot of content (i.e. instagram v igrann app).

hi guys,

11-25-14 12:30 PM
    hi guys,

Questions 1-5? Y E S

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-26-14 12:51 AM