So pretty much digital river robbed me of my discount code by sending me a ****ty device. They refuse to exchange it or even give me another discount. Very disappointing. But if owning this ****ty passport has taught me anything is that a good one is well worth 599.99. However I will be buying off amazon this time because of the customer service and the free two day shipping.

F!#@ digital river.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:46 PM
    Have you contacted BlackBerry directly? You can get an exchange from it. I already got two replacements which I requested directly from BlackBerry. But unfortunately, replacements are still shipped from Digital River. So my second replacement is still defective. The screen is movable and loosing. I. don't know whether it's damaged in shipping or handling or factory defective. But this time, the show package is even worse than last time.

Digital river completely ducks. Three phones are defective. Unbelievable bad service.

I'm still waiting for BlackBerry to respond to this case.

na
    So pretty much digital river robbed me of my discount code by sending me a ****ty device. They refuse to exchange it or even give me another discount. Very disappointing. But if owning this ****ty passport has taught me anything is that a good one is well worth 599.99. However I will be buying off amazon this time because of the customer service and the free two day shipping.

F!#@ digital river.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:08 PM
    I called the 1-800 that came in the passport box. Spoke to someone at blackberry...long story short my second phone was shipped from ontario and was new. My first phone which was defective was shipped from the returns center.

I complained that my new phone was in fact used...funny how the next phone was shipped from another location.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-14-15 12:41 AM
    What did you tell them exactly? Is it something special you did or are they just willing to accept any phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:56 AM
    Not Passports but I've bought 2 pairs of Z30's from ShopBlackberry;

First pair during the August 2014 $350/ea pricing sale (first big sale I think they had) and that box is labeled from the Plainfield Returns Center in Indiana on 8/28/2014. I had no indications on either device (1 black, 1 white) that either are refurbished. If they are, they were 100% new-appearing in every way thinkable. Boxes looked new, security tape looked new, plastic protectors on the screens and behind the battery door looked new, and the devices were spotlessly clean without even a speck of dust anywhere inside the boxes.

Second pair during one of the $225/ea sales in November 2014. Those also shipped from Plainfield, on 12/01/2014. Same exact details on both devices; all appearances of nothing but new.

I am surely not attempting to discredit anybody that feels they may have received refurbished devices. I too am concerned to see the Plainfield Returns shipping origin on the boxes. But so far, the first 2 have been fine - the 2nd two I unboxed long enough to set them up, then put them back in the box as spares - price was too good to pass up!

Plainfield is a big clearing house for numerous vendors, not just BB. If you google them a bit you'll find lots of references to them from various brands. This is probably the most interesting bit of information. The address of 2675 Reeves Rd, Plainfield IL, is actually for a company called BrightPoint - which is a large DC for mobile devices. They do distribution, repair, refurbishing, and acceptance of returns. The first part is the key here - they handle distribution as well as the other services. That leads me to believe there's a strong chance that just because your device came from them, doesn't necessarily mean it's a refurb. BrightPoint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Richard
    03-14-15 12:44 PM
    Digital River is nasty and unbelievable bad. Send me three Passport, no one is good, all have problems. You are right, they do refurbish and repair phones, and sell them as new. It's extremely painful and time wasting in dealing with them.

Not Passports but I've bought 2 pairs of Z30's from ShopBlackberry;

First pair during the August 2014 $350/ea pricing sale (first big sale I think they had) and that box is labeled from the Plainfield Returns Center in Indiana on 8/28/2014. I had no indications on either device (1 black, 1 white) that either are refurbished. If they are, they were 100% new-appearing in every way thinkable. Boxes looked new, security tape looked new, plastic protectors on the screens and behind the battery door looked new, and the devices were spotlessly clean without even a speck of dust anywhere inside the boxes.

Second pair during one of the $225/ea sales in November 2014. Those also shipped from Plainfield, on 12/01/2014. Same exact details on both devices; all appearances of nothing but new.

I am surely not attempting to discredit anybody that feels they may have received refurbished devices. I too am concerned to see the Plainfield Returns shipping origin on the boxes. But so far, the first 2 have been fine - the 2nd two I unboxed long enough to set them up, then put them back in the box as spares - price was too good to pass up!

Plainfield is a big clearing house for numerous vendors, not just BB. If you google them a bit you'll find lots of references to them from various brands. This is probably the most interesting bit of information. The address of 2675 Reeves Rd, Plainfield IL, is actually for a company called BrightPoint - which is a large DC for mobile devices. They do distribution, repair, refurbishing, and acceptance of returns. The first part is the key here - they handle distribution as well as the other services. That leads me to believe there's a strong chance that just because your device came from them, doesn't necessarily mean it's a refurb. BrightPoint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Richard
    03-14-15 01:59 PM
    Tell BlackBerry directly you got a used or refurbished phone from digital river. Ask for a replacement. They will send you a new phone. Don't deal with Digital river. They are deceptive and refuse your exchange.

What did you tell them exactly? Is it something special you did or are they just willing to accept any phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:03 PM
    Just so everyone is aware my phone was 100% brand new. The volume keys were just really loose and after a week of use they became really loud and awful. I went ahead and ordered another pp from amazon with free 1 day shipping. I thought I might as well try at getting a good working phone instead of waiting weeks for digital river to refund me. Also if my new one is also defective I'm sure the return process is a bit less stressful with amazon.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 03:03 PM
    Armin,

I just told the customer service rep I thought the phone was used. I had no idea my second phone was being shipped from ontario...but I am glad it was. Kind of funny how it was shipped from another country the second time.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-14-15 04:44 PM
    You are right, they do refurbish and repair phones, and sell them as new. It's extremely painful and time wasting in dealing with them.
    Not sure why you quoted my post, as I said no such thing. Either you've misunderstood me or you wish to seek support for your beliefs which is fine, but you won't find them in my post.

Richard
    03-14-15 08:11 PM
    My new phone is on the way and will be here tomorrow. This time around it is being shipped from Fort Worth Texas. I'll update this with the condition of my new phone in case anyone cares.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 06:18 AM
    Just received my second passport and it is perfect!

Comparing the new to the old:

No stain on the back
    Keyboard backlight is even in color on all keys
    Every single button on the keyboard has the same pressing resistance (going back to my old device I noticed the space bar and the O P and D buttons almost had no press to them.
    And most importantly the volume buttons are rigid and do not make a sound

My first passport was made on the fourteenth of November 2014

And this new one was made on January 8 2015

The difference is very noticeable between the two and I think it was worth the extra $100

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 04:28 PM
    Just received my second passport and it is perfect!

Comparing the new to the old:

No stain on the back
    Keyboard backlight is even in color on all keys
    Every single button on the keyboard has the same pressing resistance (going back to my old device I noticed the space bar and the O P and D buttons almost had no press to them.
    And most importantly the volume buttons are rigid and do not make a sound

My first passport was made on the fourteenth of November 2014

And this new one was made on January 8 2015

The difference is very noticeable between the two and I think it was worth the extra $100

Posted via CB10
    Sweet I'm glad you got one you are happy with!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 04:41 PM
38 12