I been using picture password. Every so often when unlocking the phone I notice a bug.
    If I incorrectly enter my picture password once it goes straight to the manual password. Doesn't even give me the grace of 5 incorrect picture passwords.

Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:11 PM
    No. I sometimes think that I was matching the number to the picture feature correctly but passport thinks otherwise.
    It does seem to have a higher tendency to send you to the typed password than Z30, though.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    10-23-14 11:20 PM
    I been using picture password. Every so often when unlocking the phone I notice a bug.
    If I incorrectly enter my picture password once it goes straight to the manual password. Doesn't even give me the grace of 5 incorrect picture passwords.

Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    That never happened to me. I have 10 tries.

PS I just tried it. I have 10 attempts. After the 5th wrong I get the message of 5 wrong attempts and that I have a total 10 attempts before my device gets erased. It then switches to the numerical password for the last 5 tries.

Using Blackberry Passport via AT&T
    thymaster likes this.
    10-24-14 12:47 AM
    I tried once and Its like purgatory. We need big number virtual keyboard to enter PIN!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:02 AM
    I've been using the picture password and it works perfectly for me! at most I don't hit it perfectly at the first time but second time is done!

I kinda love it, never use to have passwords on my previous phones lol It makes sense with the big square screen on the Passport compared to a number one.
    10-24-14 06:36 AM
    I tried once and Its like purgatory. We need big number virtual keyboard to enter PIN!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Yep we definitely need one as the one now is too small and sometimes it takes me 2-3 goes before I get the right PIN to unlock my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 06:59 AM
    Sometimes this happens when device thinks you want out. Not sure how you are doing it on Passport to do that but on Classic it happens a lot with the cancel button
    10-24-14 06:59 AM
    +1 for PIN!

Sure the picture password is great and extremely secure. But PIN would be a nice variety.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-24-14 07:01 AM

Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes this happened to me ONCE. I have had my Passport for only 4 days. It was weird!
    10-24-14 09:44 PM
    Today it let me move the number grid three times (with a lift of a finger) without it actually registering as failed attempts. There's something not quite right with pic password on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    byex and EsJayDee like this.
    10-24-14 09:54 PM
    Today it let me move the number grid three times (with a lift of a finger) without it actually registering as failed attempts. There's something not quite right with pic password on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:30 AM
    Picture password seems to be more secure on the passport.
    The dpi is greater, there are 4 x the pixels as on Q5/10.
    Think the tolerance is measured in pixels not mm?
    Either way it's slightly harder to place the digit.
    Second attempts I have had to make have been due to moving my finger slightly when placing the digit.
    Overall think picture password is more suited to the passport than other BlackBerry 10 phones, just put up with the odd second attempt it's still the most convenient phone unlock method.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:02 AM
    Picture password seems to be more secure on the passport.
    The dpi is greater, there are 4 x the pixels as on Q5/10.
    Think the tolerance is measured in pixels not mm?
    Either way it's slightly harder to place the digit.
    Second attempts I have had to make have been due to moving my finger slightly when placing the digit.
    Overall think picture password is more suited to the passport than other BlackBerry 10 phones, just put up with the odd second attempt it's still the most convenient phone unlock method.

Posted via CB10
    It does seem to be harder to place the number than on Z30. Maybe it is because of the enhanced pixel resolution.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:26 PM
    Picture password on Passport-img_20141030_130902.jpg

Jaglenn's Q10
    10-30-14 12:15 PM