Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Nice little phone. Its hard to believe support for a wider screen for Android has not been put into the new OS. Even turning the Keyone sideways still sucks compared to PP. too many ads and the PP is so much better and easier to read. For $100 its a great deal.
    08-30-19 04:06 PM
    Too many ads? From what?

You shouldn't see any, unless you installed some shady free apps from the Play Store.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    08-30-19 04:20 PM
    Nice little phone. Its hard to believe support for a wider screen for Android has not been put into the new OS. Even turning the Keyone sideways still sucks compared to PP. too many ads and the PP is so much better and easier to read. For $100 its a great deal.
    If you’re getting unexpected ads on AT&T KEYone, you’ve installed something you shouldn’t have... or you’re holding it wrong :-)
    08-30-19 04:43 PM
    I liked my K1 more than my K2. It was a great devise!

Posted with my Passport
    08-30-19 04:45 PM
    Im sorry it wasnt ads. Just a bunch of google chrome ads. I searched " Droid " in the chrome Keyone and same in the Passport. Chrome has pictures of droid phones for sale along the top. Then a Wiki about star wars. People also search for ....more pictures of droid phones. Then a bunch more random BS. Passport result I could read much better and wasn't full of phones for sale. Really pathetic and hopefully something like Ublock origin can work here.
    08-30-19 07:03 PM
    Shouldn't this be moved to the K1 forum? It would make more sense from a support and increased interest point of view for the OP.

Posted with my Passport
    08-30-19 07:19 PM
    Shouldn't this be moved to the K1 forum? It would make more sense from a support and increased interest point of view for the OP.

Posted with my Passport
    The only value here is a comparison between Passport and the Keyone. Id rather not swim in the Keyone pool yet. Too many baby ruths floating around.

BTW another thing I noticed is that the Keyone battery lasts over a week with no sim and about 15 minutes a day checking it. Lots of stock apps updating and not getting email. Kinda surprised for a droid phone.

So far I would have a hard time going to this form factor. I would rather go to a larger Sony device if I had to deal with this screen. Pie would make that an easier jump for Passport owners too. No Keyboard would be VERY BAD. Better get that Key 3 polished!
    08-31-19 10:16 AM
    The only value here is a comparison between Passport and the Keyone. Id rather not swim in the Keyone pool yet. Too many baby ruths floating around.

BTW another thing I noticed is that the Keyone battery lasts over a week with no sim and about 15 minutes a day checking it. Lots of stock apps updating and not getting email. Kinda surprised for a droid phone.

So far I would have a hard time going to this form factor. I would rather go to a larger Sony device if I had to deal with this screen. Pie would make that an easier jump for Passport owners too. No Keyboard would be VERY BAD. Better get that Key 3 polished!
    I went from Passport to PRIV to KEYone as each became available on AT&T in carrier version. I wasn’t a big fan of Passport dimensions and the PRIV had it’s uniqueness that was also challenging.

I’ve got five different BBAndroid phones and none have the problems you’re describing. If factory reset doesn’t fix all your issues, send it back.

My BBAndroid hardware is more reliable and usable than BB10 hardware to point that I only use BB10 for CB10 on WiFi and not often.
    08-31-19 11:14 AM
    I don't put any faith in a K3 or that the K2 will get PIE, I believe BBMo is done. Could be wrong, hope I am wrong! As for the K1, it is a very capable devise. I did prefer it over my K2. The form factor is not that hard to get used to, of coarse we have been spoiled by working wide. The Android eco-system takes a little while to get use to and is quite different to BB10, but after a while it does its job. I also liked the weight of it, a bit heavier than the K2. All in all, for a Chinese Berry, it was a good 1st effort. You can't go wrong.

Only caveat is that it is EOL now.

Posted with my Passport
    Last edited by Crusader03; 08-31-19 at 11:26 AM.
    08-31-19 11:15 AM
    I don't put any faith in a K3 or that the K2 will get PIE, I believe BBMo is done. Could be wrong, hope I am wrong! As for the K1, it is a very capable devise. I did prefer it over my K2. The form factor is not that hard to get used to, of coarse we have been spoiled by working wide. The Android eco-system takes a little while to get use to and is quite different to BB10, but after a while it does its job. I also liked the weight of it, a bit heavier than the K2. All in all, for a Chinese Berry, it was a good 1st effort. You can't go wrong.

Only caveat is that it is EOL now.

Posted with my Passport
    Two items of note. The KEYone wasn’t really the first effort as it was designed at BlackBerry Limited and was part of the original licensing deal. The screen pop issue suggests probably not following BB Ltd instructions exactly. Second is that AT&T KEYone is still getting updates as of this month.
    08-31-19 11:47 AM
    Those would be carrier updates or older BBMo updates, no? Is there an actual new security update? If so, only the AT&T got it, right?

Posted with my Passport
    08-31-19 12:11 PM
    Two items of note. The KEYone wasn’t really the first effort as it was designed at BlackBerry Limited and was part of the original licensing deal. The screen pop issue suggests probably not following BB Ltd instructions exactly. Second is that AT&T KEYone is still getting updates as of this month.
    Correct, BlackBerry designed, thus a better tighter design than the K2. Not perfect by any means but much less plagued with Capacitive PKB issues as was the K2, except word swiping which is a mess in the center.

Posted with my Passport
    08-31-19 12:13 PM
    How did you get it for $100?
    08-31-19 01:54 PM
    There's not going to be a Key3. TCL seems to have moved on from the BlackBerry brand...
    08-31-19 02:26 PM
    Those would be carrier updates or older BBMo updates, no? Is there an actual new security update? If so, only the AT&T got it, right?

Posted with my Passport
    ABZ982 dated July 5,2019 and delivered first part of August I think.

It’s the AT&T carrier locked with old base updated. Conite and Thurask explained. My BE is still April but it’s got a newer base.... @conite or @thurask would be able to explain.

It’s at this point where I become tech stupid...
    08-31-19 02:55 PM
    ABZ982 dated July 5,2019 and delivered first part of August I think.

It’s the AT&T carrier locked with old base updated. Conite and Thurask explained. My BE is still April but it’s got a newer base.... @conite or @thurask would be able to explain.

It’s at this point where I become tech stupid...
    In the case of ABZ982, the base OS is ABD375, i.e. the initial Oreo update for the ATT KEYone from July/August 2018. What "base OS" means is that all of the updates since then have been just taking the base OS and making the changes needed to bump up the security patch level, without incorporating any other changes to the OS that have arisen since after the base OS was finalized. Security-only hotfix, as it were.
    08-31-19 03:17 PM
    In the case of ABZ982, the base OS is ABD375, i.e. the initial Oreo update for the ATT KEYone from July/August 2018. What "base OS" means is that all of the updates since then have been just taking the base OS and making the changes needed to bump up the security patch level, without incorporating any other changes to the OS that have arisen since after the base OS was finalized. Security-only hotfix, as it were.
    Thank you.... @thurask
    @Crusader03
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 08-31-19 at 03:32 PM.
    08-31-19 03:19 PM
    Thank you....
    @Crusader03
    Thank you for what Chucky?

Posted with my Passport
    08-31-19 03:24 PM
    Thank you for what Chucky?

Posted with my Passport
    Typo, but there’s explanation from thurask
    08-31-19 03:33 PM
    Typo, but there’s explanation from thurask
    Thanks, no worries. May you and your family be safe in the coming days! God bless,

Posted with my Passport
    Last edited by Crusader03; 08-31-19 at 03:45 PM.
    08-31-19 03:34 PM
    They are on Ebay. Silver and Att $109. free ship. I was going to get a Silver but there was a lot of talk about it not receiving updates while we know att one is getting updates. Plus we think the att model is a later build. I dont think it will see a sim card from me though. It does take the same sim as my Passport. Updates are incremental. If you get stuck on the Feb 19 one you have to call att and tell them to send more updates.
    09-01-19 09:37 AM
    Why should TCL release a Key3 for you when you have passed on every BB Android produced to date - and are saying that Sony is your next device?
    the_boon likes this.
    09-01-19 11:03 AM
    Why should TCL release a Key3 for you when you have passed on every BB Android produced to date - and are saying that Sony is your next device?
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda is common on these boards
    09-01-19 11:10 AM