Hi,
    It happened a couple of times recently. When I pull out the phone the screen is already on and asks for the unlock pin. Sometimes my pocket somehow typed already and I am asked to type blackberry. Also sometimes it asked for pin of my sim card. Today it was asking for the puk so I guess my pocket got it wrong a couple of times.
    It was not a big problem thanks to WiFi I logged in to my account at the carrier and retrieved the puk. But I will go hiking soon without WiFi available. I could write down the puk somewhere but that's not a good solution.
    My question is why does the phone see my pocket as typing with a finger? Is it possible to have the sim card pin query after the unlock code of the phone and not the other way around like it's now?
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    10-04-19 07:08 PM
    Hi,
    It happened a couple of times recently. When I pull out the phone the screen is already on and asks for the unlock pin. Sometimes my pocket somehow typed already and I am asked to type blackberry. Also sometimes it asked for pin of my sim card. Today it was asking for the puk so I guess my pocket got it wrong a couple of times.
    It was not a big problem thanks to WiFi I logged in to my account at the carrier and retrieved the puk. But I will go hiking soon without WiFi available. I could write down the puk somewhere but that's not a good solution.
    My question is why does the phone see my pocket as typing with a finger? Is it possible to have the sim card pin query after the unlock code of the phone and not the other way around like it's now?
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    Do you have 'Swipe to Wake' enabled?
    I have found I need to disable this setting or my phone will unlock and do all kinds of crazy things in my pocket.
    Another setting to check would be 'Wake Screen for New Notifications'. This should be off if you carry your phone in your pocket a lot.
    If all else fails, try putting the device in your pocket with the screen facing away from your body.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-19 09:02 PM
    Had same problem - THIS^^^- fixed it! Good luck.

Posted via my Passport
    10-04-19 09:36 PM
    Hi, thanks. Both are off already but I will try to pocket it with the screen facing outward

Posted via CB10
    10-05-19 03:33 AM
    There used to be an app called pocketsafe by cell ninja which turns the screen off when its in your pocket, I don't know if it's still available in BlackBerry world.

It still shows up when I look but I do already have it installed.

Posted via CB10 using my OG Passport running 10.3.3.3216
    10-05-19 05:56 AM
    There used to be an app called pocketsafe by cell ninja which turns the screen off when its in your pocket, I don't know if it's still available in BlackBerry world.

It still shows up when I look but I do already have it installed.

It's still available, it's also listed in the Developer Released BB10 apps thread.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-19 06:14 AM
    It's still available, it's also listed in the Developer Released BB10 apps thread.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Ben, I haven't seen that thread, I'll take a look.

10-05-19 06:18 AM
    Hi, thanks. Both are off already but I will try to pocket it with the screen facing outward

Posted via CB10
    I don't like carrying it screen-out like that. Afraid of breaking the screen. My wife broke her Samsung that way.
    I just turned of 'Wake on New Message', let's see if that helps.
    10-07-19 12:54 PM
    I tried to use the pocket safe app, but encountered massive frustration when it made my Q10 ignore input that I was trying to enter!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    10-07-19 02:35 PM
    Thanks Ben, I haven't seen that thread, I'll take a look.

The thread is here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-apps-1176119/

We're assembling as many .BAR files as we can for people to be able to sideload if Blackberry World goes down....

Check back often, more devs are releasing apps all the time...
    Crusader03 likes this.
    10-07-19 07:04 PM
    The thread is here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-apps-1176119/

We're assembling as many .BAR files as we can for people to be able to sideload if Blackberry World goes down....

Check back often, more devs are releasing apps all the time...
    Thanks TT I did mosey on over there the other day and left you a like and a comment.

10-09-19 05:50 AM