I heard of this being done and am considering it.
    One thing I was unsure about was, could the stored partition with the OS be corrupted? I thought that was safe from being changed or affected by apps and such?

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    04-23-20 12:12 PM
    One thing I was unsure about was, could the stored partition with the OS be corrupted? I thought that was safe from being changed or affected by apps and such?

There are ways of doing right, and there are ways of doing it wrong. Just follow the instructions.
    04-23-20 01:17 PM
    There are ways of doing right, and there are ways of doing it wrong. Just follow the instructions.
    Oh yes I get that. What I meant was that I am confused as to how this could have happened when the only app I downloaded outside the play store is videoder. I'm pretty safe otherwise.

04-23-20 01:35 PM

Might be safe from being changed by apps and such.... but corruption/glitch could happen to any storage medium.
    04-23-20 01:55 PM
    Might be safe from being changed by apps and such.... but corruption/glitch could happen to any storage medium.
    Three of the latest apps I've downloaded is Text Now, 2nd Line and Redial which keeps dialing till it gets through for you. I wonder seriously if the last especially was poorly coded and cause the problem.

04-23-20 01:58 PM
    Three of the latest apps I've downloaded is Text Now, 2nd Line and Redial which keeps dialing till it gets through for you. I wonder seriously if the last especially was poorly coded and cause the problem.

It could be anything or nothing at all. Stuff happens.
    04-23-20 02:10 PM
    Why am I having trouble opening the link?
    04-23-20 05:41 PM
    Why am I having trouble opening the link?
    I hate it when CrackBerry does that.

www.oneplus.com/ca_en/support/softwareupgrade
    04-23-20 05:52 PM
    I hate it when CrackBerry does that.

www.oneplus.com/ca_en/support/softwareupgrade
    Turns out I ended up finding the same site and am doing the local upgrade now. Thank you so much. I hope this works.

04-23-20 06:27 PM
    @conite so I followed the instructions but I thought my phone would have resembled a wiped state like it was wiped clean and reloaded? All my apps are still installed. I did see it go through the loading process as if I had wiped it.
    My next step if this did not work is to wipe it again then download the software again then do a local upgrade first before installing anything.
    What are your thoughts?
    04-23-20 07:22 PM
    @conite so I followed the instructions but I thought my phone would have resembled a wiped state like it was wiped clean and reloaded? All my apps are still installed. I did see it go through the loading process as if I had wiped it.
    My next step if this did not work is to wipe it again then download the software again then do a local upgrade first before installing anything.
    What are your thoughts?
    The instructions on the site is for doing an update install. But it can still correct some problems.

Did it do any good?

You can move on to loading it as an image if it didn't help.

But you'll have to look that up, as I haven't done it on a OnePlus before.
    04-23-20 07:27 PM
    The instructions on the site is for doing an update install. But it can still correct some problems.

Did it do any good?

I will update you tomorrow on the progress and results. Again Thank you for pointing me in the right direction
    04-23-20 09:11 PM
    I have had the Titan for over a month and have been using it as my DD with all of the multitasking and virtual meetings I have now working from home. It is a great phone for all of my needs but I always come back to using the Passport in the evening. After using the Titan all day the PP is so comfortable and has the best typing experience. Although the softness of the Titan's keyboard I have come to enjoy and I feel it fits in my hands fine, it's the weight that is the downfall, so my small hands do get tired from typing on it all day. I have 2 Keyone's, the silver and limited black edition. I still have them charging and use them for enjoyment. I love the feel of the screen and most aspects of the experience but the call quality and top heaviness of the screen makes me put them down most often. I also use an iPhone 8 when I am working in the office or need to stash it in my pocket and the ease of use is just more for convenience.

If anyone is interested in simply the blackberry feel, the Titan may be disappointing. If you are a physical keyboard enthusiast and don't need the clickiness of a blackberry, you may really enjoy it. I still love the Passport and wish I wasn't so Microsoft driven at work and could use it more often as my DD. I will continue to use it until the end and am looking to purchase an SE now as a back up.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-20 03:04 PM

Did it do any good?

Hey Conte, the local update did not work so I decided to ROOT my oneplus 3T. So far all has gone well but I am trying to first find a ROM of the Oxygen 9.0.6 so that I can try a fresh install. I've been reading that the update on their site is only 1.52 GB and its just the update but not the entire OS. If I can't find that ROM then I have the latest Lineage to try cause the phone app is still messing up.
    Enjoying this learning experience ROOTING android cause I've only tried iPhone jailbreaking in the past. I think I have now found a new hobby ROOTING and playing with ROM's.

On a better note I have received my Titan this morning and am on it now. Not sure the weight is going to be a problem cause the keyboard is to die for. Loving the responsiveness so far. Cheers to all in on the Titan full time
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 04-30-20 at 04:57 AM.
    04-27-20 07:03 PM
    I think I have now found a new hobby ROOTING and playing with ROM's.
    Careful ..... it's not that difficult to brick an android, lol!
    04-27-20 07:05 PM
    Careful ..... it's not that difficult to brick an android, lol!
    That's why you do a TWRP backup first!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-27-20 07:45 PM
    That's why you do a TWRP backup first!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    Yep or Titanium.
    04-27-20 07:52 PM
    Yep or Titanium.
    I don't understand a darn thing y'all discussing but that's ok because as long as y'all keep posting y'all still breathing.
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-28-20 08:59 AM
    Mostly an iPhone SE for some specific apps and my beloved Passport in black for email and texting.

Reading and writing emails on a Passport is everytime I do such an awesome feeling.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CBPP; 04-28-20 at 02:59 PM.
    04-28-20 12:02 PM
    Loving this Titan of mine. Other then heavy, this beast rocks on forever. After I drain this puppy I want to charge it to full and give it a good long test to see how the battery hold me. Its been a couple days now but I did have the screen lit up lots the first day getting set up so after all my apps are installed it should be interesting to see.

Working on a review
    fasil rehman and to boldly go like this.
    04-28-20 09:54 PM
    I am always using my BB Passport as I love it.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-20 01:08 AM
    KeyOne Black 100-7 for however long it lasts, and I am only changing it out when it stops working. I am 100% happy with this phone and doubt I would like a Key2 better.
    04-30-20 07:45 AM
    Hey guys, if anyone knows blackberry passport limited edition 1TB memory inbuilted device product.

BlackBerry Passport SE
    04-30-20 08:55 AM
    Hey guys, if anyone knows blackberry passport limited edition 1TB memory inbuilted device product.

BlackBerry Passport SE
    I'm not sure what you mean.

The SE has 3GB ram, 32GB storage, and can support a 128GB SD card.
    04-30-20 01:25 PM
    9860 Torch lol
    05-02-20 11:17 AM
112 12345