My Passport, while in Dial Pad and in Calls tab of the Phone app as well as in the Calls section of the Hub, displays phone numbers in an strange way - 9 digit numbers are displayed as XX XXX XX XX rather than XXX XXX XXX. So, a mobile phone number of 444 555 666 is displayed as 44 455 56 66.

My guess is that this is a format meant for fixed numbers where there is a two digit area code and a 7 digit number, but at least in my case most of the numbers I call and am called from are mobile and this display looks very confusing.

Any ideas how to change this? I do not recall this problem on my Q10 which I used before Passport.

Thanks for your help!
    09-30-14 06:26 PM
    Go to phone, swipe from the top, go to settings, go to Smart Dialing. Set it properly. You seemingly have it set for US and 10 digits, which is obviously not correct for your locale.
    09-30-14 07:19 PM
    Go to phone, swipe from the top, go to settings, go to Smart Dialing. Set it properly. You seemingly have it set for US and 10 digits, which is obviously not correct for your locale.
    Thanks Bla1ze! Tried to play with settings in Smart Dialing and it seams there is a bug in the setting for Poland (+48) which displays the number as indicated above while should be the same as for other European countries. I tried Denmark and Germany and it resolved the issue. What's the best way to report it to Blackberry to be fixed in future OS releases?

Also, can one of the mods remove/merge the other thread with the same topic, as I double posted it by mistake? Thanks and apologies for the trouble!
    zyxxiforr likes this.
    09-30-14 07:54 PM