Hi everyone,

I really hoped that i would not be posting this but unfortunately i am...

I had a q10 before i bought my passport. It seems like a problem has carried on...

On my q10 randomly it would switch from 02 to a random network provider such as vodaphone or 3UK etc. This meant my phone would go in to emergency mode....it would happen randomly through the night or just generally. So with out any notice i could not get calls texts or bbms etc....at this stage i did random things like change in setting just 3g and 2g (turning of 4g) this did not help...

I changed to the passport on day of release and the issue stopped! Until today didn't realise until later on today it was on emergency calls only...checked for the dreaded network change and it was there '3uk'.

I posted this on icanmakeitbetter few months ago aswell and had no luck.

I thought i would post this here and get some more help?

Has anyone got any ideas why this is happening to me? My phone could be down for hours before i could realise making me miss important work calls, which i can not afford to do!

I love BlackBerry and esp the new passport...seriously amazing!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:39 PM
    Maybe the O2 signal fluctuates badly in your area? Have you another non-BlackBerry phone to use as a reference?
    anon(870071) likes this.
    10-12-14 12:45 PM
    That's how the OS handle the carrier signal.
    When the phone don't find your network, it quickly search for the others carriers too.
    It usually do this when the phone tried hard to find signal from your carrier.
    It's a bug on the Radio part of the OS. Hope BB finally fix that issue one day.
    10-12-14 12:46 PM
    That's how the OS handle the carrier signal.
    When the phone don't find your network, it quickly search for the others carriers too.
    It usually do this when the phone tried hard to find signal from your carrier.
    It's a bug on the Radio part of the OS. Hope BB finally fix that issue one day.
    Yes but it shoud say no signal, then when signal is available go to o2 again. Surely not transfer to another carrier and basically block my phone until i have to physically reboot the phone!

Some one suggested it could be my sim? As it was the big sim cut to micro for my q10 then cut to nano for my passport. Is this possible?

No have not tried none blackberry phones as just can't get the same functionality as the BlackBerry in another phone. Work wise i mean.

Thanks for the responses!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:52 PM
    As previous poster said, it's supposed to do that. As soon as you get within range of an O2 signal if that's your carrier it will switch back.
    Found this happened with mine in one particular place a large shop which has a cellar level. Go in that shop and downstairs for some reason probably because it's just beside an O2 mast any other carrier that might have good reception outside looses signal. Up the stairs and approach the door and signal switches back to home network.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:01 PM
    Yes but it shoud say no signal, then when signal is available go to o2 again. Surely not transfer to another carrier and basically block my phone until i have to physically reboot the phone!

Some one suggested it could be my sim? As it was the big sim cut to micro for my q10 then cut to nano for my passport. Is this possible?

No have not tried none blackberry phones as just can't get the same functionality as the BlackBerry in another phone. Work wise i mean.

Thanks for the responses!

Posted via CB10
    You are not suposed to reboot your phone.
    Just aiplane mode or move to a place with signal...
    It happenes to me too time to time on my Q.
    But it quickly switch to my own carrier once it find it.
    10-12-14 02:07 PM
    Change the network detection mode to manual, find your network and connect to it, and that's it. It should not change any more. The network scan in manual mode may take a while, so be patient.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:09 PM
    Change the network detection mode to manual, find your network and connect to it, and that's it. It should not change any more. The network scan in manual mode may take a while, so be patient.

Posted via CB10
    I of course tried this the first time I enciuntered that bug long time ago, and of course that didn't change anything.
    I even submitted a bug reports at this time...but all the revisions we got since and yet the bug is still there.
    But as stated earlier it happens only if your carrier network is not available and when the phone found nothing during few seconds...
    10-12-14 02:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    I changed it to manual btw and it still changes. That doesn't help.

I have to reboot the phone as it doesn't change back to o2. It happens for hours sometimes and nothing changes. Hence the phone reboot which magically restores to o2 straight away.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:25 PM
    You are not suposed to reboot your phone.
    Just aiplane mode or move to a place with signal...
    It happenes to me too time to time on my Q.
    But it quickly switch to my own carrier once it find it.
    Tried this too. For example if it crosses to vodaphone, and i turn network off, turn it back on goes to vodaphone.. flight mode doesn't do anything either.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:27 PM
    The same thing has happened to me on T-Mobile with my Z10 and Q10. My girlfriend and others around me with a Z10/Q10 have no issues. Just seems to be me sometimes. Have no idea why? I've called T-Mobile so many times but they don't know what to do. It's gotten much better but still not that great.

The sad thing is that the Samsung S4 had ZERO network problems. Always connected. It's just with Blackberry. Have no idea why... But I'd take the connection going out sometimes and a BB over Android any day of the week
    10-12-14 10:27 PM
    The same thing has happened to me on T-Mobile with my Z10 and Q10. My girlfriend and others around me with a Z10/Q10 have no issues. Just seems to be me sometimes. Have no idea why? I've called T-Mobile so many times but they don't know what to do. It's gotten much better but still not that great.

The sad thing is that the Samsung S4 had ZERO network problems. Always connected. It's just with Blackberry. Have no idea why... But I'd take the connection going out sometimes and a BB over Android any day of the week
    Haha same here...yes i agree my whole fam has blackberry q10's and not one issue. O2 said to replace the sim and get a proper nano sim not a cut one like mine. Maybe that would help they said. Not had time to do it yet though.

Has improved since i moved to my passport. But still want a solution...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:56 AM
    Why people bother cutting Sims is beyond me when you can usually get a correct sized replacement for nothing.
    Although it might seem unlikely that this is the problem, I would get a correctly sized replacement sim to see if anything improves. If it was originally a mini sim which has been cut twice, then it is fairly old anyway. Get a fresh one to exclude any incompatibilities.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-13-14 05:54 AM
    Why people bother cutting Sims is beyond me when you can usually get a correct sized replacement for nothing.
    Although it might seem unlikely that this is the problem, I would get a correctly sized replacement sim to see if anything improves. If it was originally a mini sim which has been cut twice, then it is fairly old anyway. Get a fresh one to exclude any incompatibilities.
    Unfortunately as a business customer i have to ring them up and order one which takes up to a week. I will give this a go and see how it goes. I hope this is the issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:58 AM
    Unfortunately as a business customer i have to ring them up and order one which takes up to a week.
    If it solves the problem then it'll be worth the wait. Anyway, do let us know what the outcome is.
    10-13-14 06:01 AM
    If it solves the problem then it'll be worth the wait. Anyway, do let us know what the outcome is.
    I will do. I'm back next month so will order it then.

Posted via CB10
    baarn likes this.
    10-13-14 07:24 AM
    Hi, just a update really. Phone switched to vodaphone, this time i left it for like 30mins and still no change. Had to restart the phone again.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 03:27 PM