Hey folks, just started using my BlackBerry Passport again so trying to get the feel of it again and it's glitches

Anyways I'm running my BlackBerry Passport with colbalt patch so I can run some android apps.

My question is, today I had it out and was on a call, it then dropped my call and went into emergency mode, could this have been because the phone was hot? Due to the humid weather we had here today. The phone call was about an hour or so before it dropped into the emergency mode, is that normal?

Been some time since I've used my BlackBerry trying to figure it out again.

Thanks everyone
    05-28-20 01:23 AM
    Hey folks, just started using my BlackBerry Passport again so trying to get the feel of it again and it's glitches

Anyways I'm running my BlackBerry Passport with colbalt patch so I can run some android apps.

My question is, today I had it out and was on a call, it then dropped my call and went into emergency mode, could this have been because the phone was hot? Due to the humid weather we had here today. The phone call was about an hour or so before it dropped into the emergency mode, is that normal?

Been some time since I've used my BlackBerry trying to figure it out again.

Thanks everyone
    Did it get the signal back? It happens o passport sometimes but in few seconds it shows network signal.
    Try cleaning the sim,try changing the sim and check, hard reset the phone, might work.
    If u are still in emergency mode, it's a hardware problem.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Hrishikesh Jadhav; 05-28-20 at 08:25 AM.
    estranged1968 likes this.
    05-28-20 07:55 AM
    There is a well known hardware issues that plagues the Passport... many call it the SOS problem.

You can try:
    Hard Reboot
    Clean SIM Card and Tray contacts
    New SIM Card
    Wipe or reload the OS
    Some even tried touching up the soder points on the SIM Tray and the Antenna... but it didn't work.

Hopefully one of these will work.... but most common you'll have the issues for a little bit and then one day it stays stuck on SOS. So if you can't get it fix.... don't trust it for very long.

Back in the day when the phones were under warranty... the fix was a new phone, not a repair. BlackBerry always sent out refurbished units, not your original device. When done via the carrier, and they didn't have replacement inventory, they'd just upgrade you. So not sure I'd bother taking it to a repair shop to see if they can fix it....
    05-28-20 08:40 AM
    Did it get the signal back? It happens o passport sometimes but in few seconds it shows network signal.
    Try cleaning the sim,try changing the sim and check, hard reset the phone, might work.
    If u are still in emergency mode, it's a hardware problem.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Harish, I wasn't able to give me the chance to get a signal back because I was on a conference call so I had to switch phones immediately.

I will try cleaning the SIM, I've never actually tried that nor done that and the SIM card I have is probably about 2 years old or more.

Thanks for the ideas!
    05-28-20 11:36 AM
    Hi Harish, I wasn't able to give me the chance to get a signal back because I was on a conference call so I had to switch phones immediately.

I will try cleaning the SIM, I've never actually tried that nor done that and the SIM card I have is probably about 2 years old or more.

Thanks for the ideas!
    If letting the phone cool off didn’t fix your issues, as Dunt explained above, it’s dead and gone
    05-28-20 02:48 PM
    How do I put a signiture on my repleys

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 06:23 PM
    How do I put a signiture on my repleys

Posted via CB10
    Modify it you mean?
    From within the CB10 app, swipe down from the top of screen to access Settings, then tap forum and edit your signature.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 07:30 PM
    If letting the phone cool off didn’t fix your issues, as Dunt explained above, it’s dead and gone
    I've restarted my blackberry passport and placed my sim back in. I can make phone calls but where 4G appeared now only say H with Full Signal Bars beside it..

I've tried cleaning the sim card, and rebooted several times , but still says H

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    05-29-20 12:33 AM
    I've restarted my blackberry passport and placed my sim back in. I can make phone calls but where 4G appeared now only say H with Full Signal Bars beside it..

I've tried cleaning the sim card, and rebooted several times , but still says H

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Means the phone isn't connecting to LTE....

Your out of range for LTE singal
    SIM is not fully enabled
    APN Setting are wrong
    You turn off LTE Radio

You can try a new SIM card... but it everything was working, it's most likely the hardware is failing.
    05-29-20 09:41 AM