07-31-15 09:55 PM
47 12
tools
    Over 100 supporters now, amazing ! Thanks everyone. Don't stop now... let's send them a message, loud & clear that we want RBC to support BlackBerry !

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telus
    They already have the message... it's the statics on how many BlackBerry users have used their app and how much it cost them to support it. They are probably simple seeing big decline in usage by BlackBerry users while their cost most likely are going up.
    07-21-15 01:35 PM
    Signed

Posted via CB10 Canadian Passport
    07-21-15 01:42 PM
    Ya right, like you're going to switch banks because someone doesn't support your brand of mobile device? Please, get real and good luck with this crusade.
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-21-15 01:43 PM
    Ya right, like you're going to switch banks because someone doesn't support your brand of mobile device? Please, get real and good luck with this crusade.
    Ya right. If you think that someone will change banks just on the account of this little limitation then good luck to you. In my books this is one of many things in a very short period of time that makes me think RBC cares less and less about their customers. If they really don't care about us, and on top about another major Canadian company then yes, I will seriously consider moving. It is also consumer right to send them a message in a meantime.

Posted with my awesome Z30
    07-21-15 01:58 PM
    I'd most definitely switch banks. Already use CIBC (which supports mobile payments on my Passport) and TD is pretty good too (wife uses TD). So yes, some of us will close our accounts and take our business elsewhere, where we can enjoy the same mobile banking features as our Android and iPhone counterparts.

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telus
    07-21-15 02:45 PM
    Signed and put it on Facebook. Sorry, I only have 30 friends. LOL!

I think I will send it to my financial advisor at RBC too. Not pleased.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 03:56 PM
    I love these threads.

I'm changing banks because Blackberry's pathetic band-aid attempt at an app gap solution isn't cutting it in the real world. If only all the devs would release apps with years old android runtime compatibility, BB10 would take the world by storm.

Nothing like blaming RBC (or any other entity) for Blackberry's shortcomings. BB10 development is all but done in Blackberry's own offices and yet folks expect the rest of the world to spend money to develop for BB10.

I't does make me chuckle though. At least one of these threads every month or so.
    07-21-15 04:42 PM
    Royal Bank is terrible and this comes from me who is a deeply rooted customer of theirs.

I mean cmon, get your BlackBerry App updated so we can make use of the photo check deposit. Never mind this tap to pay... get the photo deposit working already. You did it for android.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. NFC payments are actually the only reason I got an RBC credit card. Kind of useless to me now. If Ugo Wallet would just support my PC Financial Card/Virgin Mobile combo, I could just cancel the RBC card.

I moved my accounts out of RBC when I was a teen. I'm 37 now, in all those years I haven't found any attractive enough offers to move my money back there.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 05:21 PM
    They already have the message... it's the statics on how many BlackBerry users have used their app and how much it cost them to support it. They are probably simple seeing big decline in usage by BlackBerry users while their cost most likely are going up.
    Unfortunately they're probably the reason their own statistics are skewed. I went about two months during which the app didn't even function properly. If it had worked well, it would have been used more.

Posted via CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    07-21-15 05:23 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: internet petitions are completely useless.

But yeah, good luck. I'll be very impressed if you crack 500 signatures.
    07-21-15 07:16 PM
    There are Canadian banks that actually care about their customers? It makes me want to move there. I do my banking at big bad Bank of America who I'm pretty sure doesn't give a crap about me in any way even though I've been there for decades. When I got my mortgage there they turned around and sold it to the highest bidder with two months. Then it got sold again and that company was bought by Bank of American and they sent me a form letter introducing themselves as my new mortgage holder. They've never contacted me unless they wanted to sell something to me. I'm pretty sure if someone from Nigeria called and had my correct personal info they'd hand all my money over to them. So, good luck with finding a bank that cares about you.
    07-21-15 07:38 PM
    Which financial institutions in Canada still support BlackBerry?
    Envision Finacial Credit Union
    nolimits7 likes this.
    07-21-15 08:04 PM
    There are Canadian banks that actually care about their customers? It makes me want to move there. I do my banking at big bad Bank of America who I'm pretty sure doesn't give a crap about me in any way even though I've been there for decades. When I got my mortgage there they turned around and sold it to the highest bidder with two months. Then it got sold again and that company was bought by Bank of American and they sent me a form letter introducing themselves as my new mortgage holder. They've never contacted me unless they wanted to sell something to me. I'm pretty sure if someone from Nigeria called and had my correct personal info they'd hand all my money over to them. So, good luck with finding a bank that cares about you.
    You should ask the current owner of your debt to provide you with a copy of the original promissory note and if they can't, then ask a reputable real estate lawyer if there's a way you can get out of paying the rest of the mortgage
    07-21-15 10:29 PM
    cibc has it, and it has been flawless on my passport and quick too
    nolimits7 likes this.
    07-21-15 11:09 PM
    Signed.

I wrote:

"Abandoning a Canadian Co that's struggling? I'll be cancelling my RBC credit card and moving to TD Visa. Ciao."
    nolimits7 likes this.
    07-22-15 12:07 AM
    And what will all of you do in four months when BlackBerry possible also abandons BB10?

If the RBC apps is so important... get a phone that supports it now, and will most likely continue to support it.

Using some fringe OS that almost no one is using and that is mostly likely going to be faded memory in a few years is a waste of your time and energy. Fighting to save something that Chen has apparently already pulled the plug on is a "Don Quixote" move at best.

I don't know if BlackBerry is going Android or not, but BB10 development is either now a Black Project, or it has been drastically cut.
    gilbertgk likes this.
    07-22-15 08:08 AM
    And what will all of you do in four months when BlackBerry possible also abandons BB10?
    Did I miss any official announcement or something? And what will you do in x months when The Rapture comes? I don't think your provider will have coverage in heaven, maybe we should buy Heaven travel passes...

So much speculation and misinformation on rumors...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-22-15 11:34 AM
    Did I miss any official announcement or something? And what will you do in x months when The Rapture comes? I don't think your provider will have coverage in heaven, maybe we should buy Heaven travel passes...

So much speculation and misinformation on rumors...
    Likelihood of BlackBerry discontinuing OS development: fairly high.
    Likelihood of the Rapture: zero.
    07-22-15 12:47 PM
    Likelihood of BlackBerry discontinuing OS development: fairly high.
    Likelihood of the Rapture: zero.
    At this point nobody knows what the plan is, Android for BlackBerry can mean many different things: maybe they improve and turn the runtime into a full featured Android with Google Services on top of BB10 to ensure security? Maybe they develop in parallel keeping BB10 as the enterprise more secure OS that guarantee end to end security and Android more popular, not end to end but still somewhat more secure by using the BlackBerry apps for Android and BES? Maybe they'll port the hub, blend and the rest of the popular BB10 features to Android and eventually ditch BB10? Maybe a combination of the above or something completely different? Who knows... saying BlackBerry is discontinuing BB10 is pure irresponsible speculation...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:49 PM
    Signed. Yet nothing will likely change.
    07-31-15 02:15 PM
    Who cares, their mobile payment doesn't even work for Rogers. You have to pay Rogers so that you can pay with your phone using their garbage suretap system.

It sounds to me like rbc realize that with barely one carrier allowing their mobile wallet on BlackBerry 10, they must have next to no users and are therefore discontinuing. Can't blame them for anything other than not getting it working on any carrier (why the f is it carrier related anyway)
    07-31-15 05:57 PM
    Signed

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 09:55 PM
47 12