God, I HATE Chen.
    I don't hate Chen he is just doing what the shareholders want and they are paying his Large salary however I have contributed several times with purchases of BlackBerry products probably 10 times and have enjoyed every one of them however as they say most good things Do come to an End .
    04-09-16 06:04 AM
    The hard truth is that not enough people bought any BB10 phone at a profitable enough price to justify any new BB10 devices. The only future for BB10 is how long you can keep using what you have.
    Because they weren't marketed, underspecced, and overpriced. There was no clear flagship until the Passport. Compromises with every model. Poor cameras mostly.

BB10 could have succeeded. But BBRY was put up for sale, and everyone lost faith.

Posted via CB10
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    04-09-16 06:06 AM
    You need to go to Waterloo find a spotlight on the roof of a building and shine the BlackBerry logo into the clouds. SuperBlackBerry will be there before you know it.
    I thought that was Batberry? Hmph, wrong movie.
    04-09-16 10:12 AM
    Many of us do not agree with everything you say. Yes, it looks like BBRY is going to ditch BB10. This does not mean that the right people and strategy could not market the OS and, at least, the Passport which still has modern enough specs.
    Looks like? Are you kidding? LOL Their latest device doesn't use their OS. That is far from "looks like" Looks like you are delusional would be the correct use of the phrase in a sentence. There are 4 players in the OS market. WP, iOS, BB10 and Android.Two are very successful and do yo know what these two have in common? APPS! Oh, BB users can all say that apps are not important but, no apps means no success. Not my opinion, a fact backed by numbers. Numbers that BB fanbois refuse to see and or accept
    04-09-16 11:52 AM
    I cannot wait to upgrade from my Passport. Even though i love the phone i detest the software now as it's terribly laggy and slow.
    04-09-16 12:08 PM
    Congratulations, this thread is a winner!

Petition to Chen for  a Super Blackberry-cbbingo.png
    Last edited by thurask; 04-10-16 at 02:09 AM.
    LSDBerry, Pcmx, RoseBud68 and 3 others like this.
    04-09-16 12:14 PM
    The upward path my silly goose is Priv and mine is being delivered Monday.

For the price of the Priv, your goose will deliver you a foul egg. In today's Android market, the Priv is marginal to just good enough.
    04-09-16 02:57 PM
    For the price of the Priv, your goose will deliver you a foul egg. In today's Android market, the Priv is marginal to just good enough.
    What, $637 brand new from Amazon.
    04-09-16 02:59 PM
    Looks like? Are you kidding? LOL Their latest device doesn't use their OS. That is far from "looks like" Looks like you are delusional would be the correct use of the phrase in a sentence. There are 4 players in the OS market. WP, iOS, BB10 and Android.Two are very successful and do yo know what these two have in common? APPS! Oh, BB users can all say that apps are not important but, no apps means no success. Not my opinion, a fact backed by numbers. Numbers that BB fanbois refuse to see and or accept
    I always bought blackberry for the hardware, they should have jumped right to Android from OS7! Example I love the form factor of the passport, and as much as I care less about Apps, it's little things like having to pull out my Nexus seven to watch any streaming,
    04-09-16 03:03 PM
    There are a lot of dreamers in this thread. To me, the passport is a super phone. It does all the things I need, sms, imap, Bbm and basic Web browsing. These protocols and apps will continue to work almost indefinitely to my liking. Some people need the extras Android provides and they have that choice, even the Priv can get the job done.

Posted via CB10
    moody and moosbb like this.
    04-09-16 03:17 PM
    Blackberry models are all good. Chen should upgrade them all as follows:
    Partitioned dual OS-blackberry OS 10 and Blackberry Android
    virtual sim allowing for two phone numbers, either on same OS or one on OS 10 and one on Android.
    Upgrade chip sets, memory, camera etc as needed.
    Laumi likes this.
    04-09-16 03:44 PM
    I will not l asked BlackBerry of nothing which they cannot deliver expectation is a hell of a thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 06:57 PM
    As most already know, our beloved Passport is getting up there's in age and a replacement will be due to many PP owners as they are over 2 years of ownership with their current devices. Myself, I'm approaching 2 years, and do not see an upgrade path from my current AT&T Passport.

So, what are we to do. I mean, the device for me would be a Passport size device,...with a Classic keyboard,...4Gigs of RAM,...Camera from the PRIV or better at least 1/4" taller screen,...4000mah battery (minimum), and of course current PP proven tech like, 802.11ac WiFi,...2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi spectrum. Yes, I use the 5Ghz spectrum!

So, I figure what we need to do is blast Chen's email Inbox with a petition calling for a Super Blackberry! Note, if some 50% of current BlackBerry device owners jump ship, I suspect that would the final nail in the coffin.

So, the real question is,...is there an upgrade path for current Passport owners and what the heck will the device look like.

Note: If larger, better, faster, more awesome, and last longer Passport is not for you,...then such a device is not you! It's for guys like me,...that want more from their devices,...much more!

Posted via CB10
    Unless something is wrong with your passport, why bother upgrading? Just b/c your eligible for one doesn't mean you have to use it, right?

I used by Curve 8310 for 4 years. Only reason I upgraded to 9810 was because the 8310 began malfunctioning.

I'll use my Passport as long as it functions properly, hopefully long past my upgrade status.
    04-09-16 07:52 PM
    The only future for BB10 is how long you can keep using what you have.
    Yup. I'm hoping to get two years out of my new Passport before BB10 goes completely dark. I think there are enough government entities that still use it and will have a hard time phasing it out.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-09-16 09:16 PM
    Who needs profits when you can have petitions?

Posted via CB10
    A_Aviator_A likes this.
    04-09-16 09:51 PM
    A super BlackBerry device with BB10 isn't coming this year. BlackBerry doesn't have the money to build a costly super device that will only appeal to .8% of the market. I think the current plan to have the Priv and two additional Android devices is the right strategy.
    04-09-16 10:08 PM
    I cant agree more. Another BB10 device in 2016 would have been ( OFFENSIVE WORD ). Hope for 2017 and fun!
    04-09-16 10:34 PM
    While working in retail it was not uncommon to see a good number of people refuse to upgrade. Kind of like a bunch of vets not willing to give up their M1 Garands for the M16. It just kind of sticks after a bit. Plus even the iPhone 3/2g still runs pretty well. The need to upgrade every 6 months to a year seems more of a marketing thing than an actual necessity.
    04-10-16 12:04 AM
    BB10 needs a new all touch. The PP still runs great. Put the PP internals in a Z30-like shell. Little investment needed. All the drivers for the hardware exists. (Maybe the screen would be some work.)

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 01:46 AM
    It's definitely on my list to get a couple replacements, I could use this thing for 10 years!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 02:24 AM
    Get a Priv. I find it to be faster, more useful and more powerful than a Passport.

I moved from a Passport to Priv and will never look back to BB10.
    04-10-16 11:07 AM
    Blackberry, and to a large extent carriers, have made it impossible for people to buy BB10 phones, thus contributing to a lack of phone sales. When I wanted to buy the Z30 with Verizon over 2 years ago, it wasn't available for Verizon, so I settled for a Z10, which was a BB10 buy. At the time I wanted to buy it retail unlocked and bring it to Verizon, but that wasn't an option. Fast forward to this January, I grew tired of waiting for the Priv, and I thought Verizon might pull out as Sprint just did, so I bought the Z30 (finally) from Verizon for full retail. I'm really glad I did, as Verizon have stopped selling the Z30 and replaced it solely with the Priv. I'm not an enterprise customer, just a regular consumer, but I might go back to a flip phone when BB10 finally goes away. Like everyone else that bought a BB10, I love that I can accomplish everything way easier on a BB than I can on another OS, and I just want a quality phone, not one with apps, whatever those are.

Blackberry offered ZERO incentives for people on Verizon to jump ship to buy a Priv. I would've bought a Passport along the way just for giggles and to boost sales, but without CDMA compatibility, there was no reason for me to. If BB is in a war with Verizon and can't ship unlocked CDMA phones, they simply need to do an 'open letter' to their customers (WAKEUP Chen), I'll reluctantly make the switch to ATT, and continue to buy BB10 phones about every 12-18 months. Not that hard to figure out. I don't want your Android garbage. Make one BB10 phone, and one Android phone, every 12 months.
    04-11-16 01:55 PM
    What's the point in a new BlackBerry 10 phone? The OS is stagnant, new Android apps won't run in the final runtime.

If it works well enough now, it'll work well enough until the hardware no longer works. You can't just slap lipstick on this pig and expect it to sell better.

I would have loved for BlackBerry 10 to take off. Unfortunately the economics, and the direction Chen has taken to save the company, dictate that BlackBerry 10 has been a failure in the marketplace

Do I think it's the smoothest and most efficient OS out there? For somethings it is, but as the competition adds new features and apps, BlackBerry 10 is falling behind. Although the Hub is class leading, it won't be enough to keep BlackBerry 10 going against the bemoths that are Google and Apple.

I've personally bought and gifted close to 10 BlackBerry 10 devices. Unfortunately the writing is on the wall and it's over. BlackBerry doesn't have enough cash for a new BlackBerry 10 assault on the market. If Microsoft and their $10's of billions and billion PC ecosystem can't make a dent it's delusional to think BlackBerry can do it now.

I wish I was wrong, but sadly I'm not. Our only hope for more BlackBerry hardware is to wish Android well and hope they can get pricing in line with what the market will pay.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 02:22 PM
    BlackBerry is a stock company and not a subsidized Non-profit organisation that indulges itself in the past and the thought of building the Perfect smartphone.

In fact, a BlackBerry IS the perfect smartphone, because there is nothing more communicative and productive. But the market rules. And these stupid consumers want to play clash of clans, shoot selfies, snapchat and do all this silly time-killing stuff.

Obviously the people that see things clear and use phones what they are build for are not enough to keep BlackBerry hardware alive. That is as sad as anything can ever be.

Clever engineers, smart developers, a superb product but dull and dummy consumers.

Chen is to be hold in highest regard for how hard he tries to, but even he can't challenge the crude power of market!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 02:26 PM
    As most already know, our beloved Passport is getting up there's in age and a replacement will be due to many PP owners as they are over 2 years of ownership with their current devices. Myself, I'm approaching 2 years, and do not see an upgrade path from my current AT&T Passport.

So, what are we to do. I mean, the device for me would be a Passport size device,...with a Classic keyboard,...4Gigs of RAM,...Camera from the PRIV or better at least 1/4" taller screen,...4000mah battery (minimum), and of course current PP proven tech like, 802.11ac WiFi,...2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi spectrum. Yes, I use the 5Ghz spectrum!

So, I figure what we need to do is blast Chen's email Inbox with a petition calling for a Super Blackberry! Note, if some 50% of current BlackBerry device owners jump ship, I suspect that would the final nail in the coffin.

So, the real question is,...is there an upgrade path for current Passport owners and what the heck will the device look like.

Note: If larger, better, faster, more awesome, and last longer Passport is not for you,...then such a device is not you! It's for guys like me,...that want more from their devices,...much more!

Posted via CB10
    To me the passport se is the greatest device ever created and the snapdragon 801 is still very viable as even mid level phones by high end companies are using the snap dragon 6xx still. I would love a new PP SE though with a 4.9 inch screen if in sane 1:1 ratio and everything you said except I LOVE this three row keyboard now however if they want to ad dual characters on the keyboard with a ctrl more power to them! It will give people a choice!...

I am still for blackberry adopting the rare 3:2 ratio that plays nice with droid but is super rare! BlackBerry what are you waiting for? Take that market!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 02:32 PM
87 1234