Don't worry OP. The super BlackBerry will come. I recently learned of a mixed martial artist who is traveling to Romania to become incredibly wealthy. He will be buying BlackBerry soon and then he will release a worthy update to the Passport. Don't worry, everything will be fine.
    Pcmx likes this.
    04-08-16 10:47 AM
    God, I HATE Chen.
    04-08-16 10:53 AM
    God, I HATE Chen.
    Your hatred is irrational and misplaced.
    04-08-16 11:12 AM
    I would wish from my heart that they launch a blockbuster bb10 device with specs which r top notch and market it as they did for priv.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 11:17 AM
    You need to go to Waterloo find a spotlight on the roof of a building and shine the BlackBerry logo into the clouds. SuperBlackBerry will be there before you know it.
    nappalonia and A_Aviator_A like this.
    04-08-16 11:21 AM
    Just add BB10 to the priv and I am a happy camper. On second though, also add LTE band 12 to the passport...
    acovey likes this.
    04-08-16 01:42 PM
    There is no need for a new high end BlackBerry device. At least not with os10. The passport covers this need.

Unless the app gap is not covered, no other os10 device will be successful.

We should all accept the fact that we will have to switch to ios or Android earlier or later.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 03:10 PM
    I wouldn't mind your super Passport at all....just let it run Android.

Posted via CB10
    Market is flooded with Android! Not satisfied yet???

Posted via Priv...
    04-08-16 04:17 PM
    Don't worry OP. The super BlackBerry will come. I recently learned of a mixed martial artist who is traveling to Romania to become incredibly wealthy. He will be buying BlackBerry soon and then he will release a worthy update to the Passport. Don't worry, everything will be fine.
    What happened to Romania dude/dudette. That was a great-not-to-take-serious thread.
    04-08-16 04:25 PM
    I see where you're coming from but I'd rather get an assurance of continued OS support, and compatibility with key android apps, than better hardware. The entire mobile phone ecosystem has reached a plateau, in the sense that today's hardware doesn't do much better than last years, except perhaps for games. It would be cheaper for BB to get more clients with reliable products than throwing money at better hardware. Perhaps they should think of charging for yearly BB10 updates - at a reasonable price, say $50. Even the same passport with Android makes more financial sense, with a marketing along the lines of "Want to have all the apps and risk getting hacked? Go ahead, you're free to use Android. Want something that just works and won't get hacked so easily? Get BB10. Your choice".
    04-08-16 06:38 PM
    I agree that there is no path, this is it for BB10, but oh man, I'm sad about that. Lately I've had so many people show interest in my PP SE, it's crazy. The cashier at Best Buy even said, "that's your phone? It's cute!" No, never thought of it as cute, but she loved it (I had handed it to her to scan a coupon). A Starbucks barista was so interested and wanted all he co-workers to see it. BlackBerry did themselves in by creating amazing devices and refusing to promote them.

So, I've accepted it's on to Android after this, but so very reluctantly.

And yes, I feel like the last BlackBerry user in California.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    04-08-16 07:30 PM
    The entire mobile phone ecosystem has reached a plateau, in the sense that today's hardware doesn't do much better than last years, except perhaps for games. It would be cheaper for BB to get more clients with reliable products than throwing money at better hardware. Perhaps they should think of charging for yearly BB10 updates - at a reasonable price, say $50. Even the same passport with Android makes more financial sense, with a marketing along the lines of "Want to have all the apps and risk getting hacked? Go ahead, you're free to use Android. Want something that just works and won't get hacked so easily? Get BB10. Your choice".
    IMHO, the mobile just start a new page: VR and AI will define new game plan and will require new platform of hardware. BB still in the position for hardware and software integration that might be able to utilize both security and performance. As for VR and AI design/programming skills, not sure what in their sleeves. QNX might be utilized for both if industry business are both in focus. the danger is wide west of new stuff, little or no platform, hard to say which way the wind blow. However, if you don't get into the play field now, you might be left behind (with limited financial strength, hard to catch up... money still can buy time, or aquire some small leading companies in the field if you have few gold bars stached in the backyard). - my 1.5 cents.
    04-08-16 07:31 PM
    "Petition to Chen for a Super Blackberry"

Mr. Chen doesn't listen to anybody, but himself. He prefers to make mistakes and learn the hard way, as proven many times throughout his stay at BlackBerry.
    acovey likes this.
    04-08-16 07:32 PM
    I bet you would need an I phone every year as well. The Passport can hold it own with no issues. Runs fine and is a work horse. What will kill the phone is not the specs but the fact the OS run-time is getting stale. Since Chen announced he is coming out with mid-range Android phones, and was surprised the price on the Priv was too high.....you may get another Droid phone. But then again, Chen really should start selling Ex-lax, he is just as smooth and the results are the same!

WOOF!
    04-08-16 07:41 PM
    No, they are not. Won't be 2 years until Sept 2016.
    I made an edit,...."device" should have been "devices",....as I have a Z10,...that I upgraded to the Passport way before my 2 year contract was up! So saying over 2 years is now appropriate!!
    04-08-16 07:54 PM
    BlackBerry Passport 2?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 08:19 PM
    As most already know, our beloved Passport is getting up there's in age and a replacement will be due to many PP owners as they are over 2 years of ownership with their current devices. Myself, I'm approaching 2 years, and do not see an upgrade path from my current AT&T Passport.

So, what are we to do. I mean, the device for me would be a Passport size device,...with a Classic keyboard,...4Gigs of RAM,...Camera from the PRIV or better at least 1/4" taller screen,...4000mah battery (minimum), and of course current PP proven tech like, 802.11ac WiFi,...2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi spectrum. Yes, I use the 5Ghz spectrum!

So, I figure what we need to do is blast Chen's email Inbox with a petition calling for a Super Blackberry! Note, if some 50% of current BlackBerry device owners jump ship, I suspect that would the final nail in the coffin.

So, the real question is,...is there an upgrade path for current Passport owners and what the heck will the device look like.

Note: If larger, better, faster, more awesome, and last longer Passport is not for you,...then such a device is not you! It's for guys like me,...that want more from their devices,...much more!

Posted via CB10
    The upward path my silly goose is Priv and mine is being delivered Monday.
    04-08-16 08:33 PM
    Myself, I'm approaching 2 years, and do not see an upgrade path from my current AT&T Passport.
    I made an edit,...."device" should have been "devices",....as I have a Z10,...that I upgraded to the Passport way before my 2 year contract was up! So saying over 2 years is now appropriate!!
    No its not as your AT&T is only a Year old......
    04-08-16 08:36 PM
    As most already know, our beloved Passport is getting up there's in age and a replacement will be due to many PP owners as they are over 2 years of ownership with their current devices. Myself, I'm approaching 2 years, and do not see an upgrade path from my current AT&T Passport.

So, what are we to do. I mean, the device for me would be a Passport size device,...with a Classic keyboard,...4Gigs of RAM,...Camera from the PRIV or better at least 1/4" taller screen,...4000mah battery (minimum), and of course current PP proven tech like, 802.11ac WiFi,...2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi spectrum. Yes, I use the 5Ghz spectrum!

So, I figure what we need to do is blast Chen's email Inbox with a petition calling for a Super Blackberry! Note, if some 50% of current BlackBerry device owners jump ship, I suspect that would the final nail in the coffin.

So, the real question is,...is there an upgrade path for current Passport owners and what the heck will the device look like.

Note: If larger, better, faster, more awesome, and last longer Passport is not for you,...then such a device is not you! It's for guys like me,...that want more from their devices,...much more!

Posted via CB10
    Is there any portion of your life that deals in reality? LOL Blackberry hardware is dead. The Priv was a total disaster and Blackberry has had nothing but Duds for almost a decade. If 50% of the user base left Blackberry would have what, 15 or 20 users left. There are not enough users to sustain the model.
    04-09-16 12:22 AM
    Is there any portion of your life that deals in reality? LOL Blackberry hardware is dead. The Priv was a total disaster and Blackberry has had nothing but Duds for almost a decade. If 50% of the user base left Blackberry would have what, 15 or 20 users left. There are not enough users to sustain the model.
    Many of us do not agree with everything you say. Yes, it looks like BBRY is going to ditch BB10. This does not mean that the right people and strategy could not market the OS and, at least, the Passport which still has modern enough specs.
    04-09-16 12:31 AM
    There is no need for a new high end BlackBerry device. At least not with os10. The passport covers this need.

Unless the app gap is not covered, no other os10 device will be successful.

We should all accept the fact that we will have to switch to ios or Android earlier or later.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not allowed to use the "q" word, so I will just ask why should I accept a DOWNGRADE to Android? I'm not ready to throw in the towel and if everyone does is that the best choice? And for apps when I first started using Blackberry many years ago there was no Blackberry World and you found apps on various web sites. When I changed from my 9810 I reduced the apps on my Classic and I still have to many. Not sure what the future will bring but pretty sure it will NOT be a Android with a Blackberry lable.
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    04-09-16 12:58 AM
    Let's all do our part : I've kept the 'sent from my BB 10 smartphone' signature for all my work and personal emails so my contacts would know or be reminded that BB still makes great phones, and I'm using one because I'm no fool and knows what's good.
    04-09-16 01:51 AM
    I wouldn't mind your super Passport at all....just let it run Android.

Posted via CB10
    absolutely..
    04-09-16 02:49 AM
    Even 'miracle' happened and somehow we managed to change Chen's mind... BlackBerry has no more manpower to manufacture new BB10 device...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 04:13 AM
    Mr Chen made it clear that the enterprise clients have asked for a cheaper Android based device and in my opinion thats where they will focus their resources to. As much as the faithful would love to see a "Super Blackberry", those days have come to past.
    04-09-16 05:49 AM
87 1234