As most already know, our beloved Passport is getting up there's in age and a replacement will be due to many PP owners as they are over 2 years of ownership with their current devices. Myself, I'm approaching 2 years, and do not see an upgrade path from my current AT&T Passport.

So, what are we to do. I mean, the device for me would be a Passport size device,...with a Classic keyboard,...4Gigs of RAM,...Camera from the PRIV or better at least 1/4" taller screen,...4000mah battery (minimum), and of course current PP proven tech like, 802.11ac WiFi,...2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi spectrum. Yes, I use the 5Ghz spectrum!

So, I figure what we need to do is blast Chen's email Inbox with a petition calling for a Super Blackberry! Note, if some 50% of current BlackBerry device owners jump ship, I suspect that would the final nail in the coffin.

So, the real question is,...is there an upgrade path for current Passport owners and what the heck will the device look like.

Note: If larger, better, faster, more awesome, and last longer Passport is not for you,...then such a device is not you! It's for guys like me,...that want more from their devices,...much more!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 04-08-16 at 07:53 PM.
    04-07-16 11:00 AM
    There is no upgrade. It's been said time and time again the BlackBerry will end BB10 and get out of the Hardware business. Also not sure how your coming up on 2 year when the AT&T Passport has only been out for a year.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-07-16 11:32 AM
    Keep buying it's not dead

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    04-07-16 11:32 AM
    as they are over 2 years of ownership with their current device
    No, they are not. Won't be 2 years until Sept 2016.
    04-07-16 11:36 AM
    I would appreciate device like this with BB10! Definitely will sign petition

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    04-07-16 12:06 PM
    wheres the petition? my strong desire is for a next generation bb10 passport device.
    04-07-16 12:13 PM
    As most already know, our beloved Passport is getting up there's in age and a replacement will be due to many PP owners as they are over 2 years of ownership with their current device. Myself, I'm approaching 2 years, and do not see an upgrade path from my current AT&T Passport.

So, what are we to do. I mean, the device for me would be a Passport size device,...with a Classic keyboard,...4Gigs of RAM,...Camera from the PRIV or better at least 1/4" taller screen,...4000mah battery (minimum), and of course current PP proven tech like, 802.11ac WiFi,...2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi spectrum. Yes, I use the 5Ghz spectrum!

So, I figure what we need to do is blast Chen's email Inbox with a petition calling for a Super Blackberry! Note, if some 50% of current BlackBerry device owners jump ship, I suspect that would the final nail in the coffin.

So, the real question is,...is there an upgrade path for current Passport owners and what the heck will the device look like.

Note: If larger, better, faster, more awesome, and last longer Passport is not for you,...then such a device is not you! It's for guys like me,...that want more from their devices,...much more!

Posted via CB10
    What do you even NEED an upgrade for?? If the Passport does the job, then keep using it? Reminds me of this video on YouTube where consumers keep going crazy over what's "new" in upcoming phones and are never ever satisfied.

04-07-16 12:25 PM
    The hard truth is that not enough people bought any BB10 phone at a profitable enough price to justify any new BB10 devices. The only future for BB10 is how long you can keep using what you have.
    04-07-16 12:57 PM
    I wouldn't mind your super Passport at all....just let it run Android.

Posted via CB10
    lesarmitage likes this.
    04-07-16 01:07 PM
    Just got my passport but would like it much more if the width was shaved maybe 1/2 inch and put a classic keyboard on the thing instead of having to reach up and hit characters on the vkb. Sounds like Vienna right? Or are they calling it Rome now...too bad that release will be android. I'm contemplating sticking with my Q10 and see what late 2016 brings. I have another week to decide.

Posted via CB10
    JMDBERRY and Q10Bold like this.
    04-07-16 01:58 PM
    Blackberry have not been listening to us loyal followers on here for years they certainly aren't going to take notice of any petitiob

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 04:50 PM
    What do you even NEED an upgrade for?? If the Passport does the job, then keep using it? Reminds me of this video on YouTube where consumers keep going crazy over what's "new" in upcoming phones and are never ever satisfied.

Why do we buy new or newer cars when current car is working fine?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 04:52 PM
    Dell make these giant phones now - they kinda look like a Passport, but has the screen on a hinge and is like WAY bigger, kinda hard to hold one to your ear.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 04:57 PM
    If you want a new device, a petition will not suffice.

Buy a current one and convince about 500,000 of your neighbors to do so as well.
    04-07-16 05:12 PM
    I say Chen come out with the Presidential Edition BlackBerry Classic and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    atribecalledx, acovey and MaxR_A like this.
    04-07-16 06:54 PM
    Man I agree with you! I'd actually like a Passport form factor, boosted specs, in an Android version. I absolutely love BB10, but I recognize that it's now a dead end. As long as I have the HUB I think i'll be ok.

Big time battery (removable would be nice), but if that interferes with its thinness, nvm.
    Upgraded front and rear cameras
    Upgraded specs that for once are in front of the competition
    Several colour options (Silver, Black, White, Gold)
    Latest stable Android OS
    Direct sales from BlackBerry, forget carriers, those sales channels provide 0 value now.
    Better customer service and BlackBerry branded device protection plan and upgrade cycle.

I'd spend 1k on that phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:04 PM
    If you want a new device, a petition will not suffice.

Buy a current one and convince about 500,000 of your neighbors to do so as well.
    Hmm, let me get this straight! If I want a new 2017 car,...I should buy a 2016 model.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 07:22 PM
    Hmm, let me get this straight! If I want a new 2017 car,...I should buy a 2016 model.

Posted via CB10
    Stop comparing Tech with auto. Tech move 10X faster than auto. Auto can sale the same model for over 5 years before they change it completely.
    You started a thread and have not contributed anything meaningful since.
    04-07-16 09:41 PM
    Don't we just want BB10 with android support without Google play crap?

I don't use whatsapp. I can't stand the app I tried it. My first question was "why the hell are these people on the list? Why can't I remove them?" I find out it needs the contact list to work. No thank you.

With facebook not work, I think it's helping me get off social media... facebook at least. So time consuming...

But I've downloaded few android app and they work flawlessly. Those that required Google play are the ones that annoys me.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 10:29 PM
    New Z30 is more important. PP is still fast enough. Z30 needs more juice and bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    04-08-16 12:09 AM
    I don't know the last phone that I've kept for this long. Love the Passport. Great phone. I would always appreciate a newer version just for the sake of switching it up but the Passport SE is pretty sweet.

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    04-08-16 01:08 AM
    I don't know the last phone that I've kept for this long. Love the Passport. Great phone. I would always appreciate a newer version just for the sake of switching it up but the Passport SE is pretty sweet.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get the feeling that my PP is slowing down. Maybe if I ran Android apps on it still I would feel this way.

I really agree with other that BB should use the same internals of the PP and make a Z70 all-touch, BB10 device. This would give us one last upgrade before BB ditches us. (That Z30 keyboard in landscape mode is pretty incredible.)
    04-08-16 03:25 AM
    BlackBerry should make a BlackBerry 10 based multi os device capable of running a selection of virtual machines for windows, osx, linux, android, etc, and give it the ability to run them all simultaneously, also it should have two slide out keyboards - one landscape and one portrait - that add nothing to the device's thickness. Of course, it would need to have like 64 gig of ram and 36 cores and 4tb of storage and also it should have a rocket launcher built in and be delivered in person by Chuck Norris riding on the back of a T-Rex.

Posted via CB10
    gamegurl, roleli and moody like this.
    04-08-16 07:19 AM
    Without app equality, there will never be a successful BB10 device....its what killed BBOS and continues to hinder BB10. I love my passport and continue to use it as my only phone, but it sure has its downsides.

Posted via CB10
    causingdaebak likes this.
    04-08-16 07:24 AM
    If the car manufacturer says they will close the factory unless sales of 2016 models increases then ....
    04-08-16 09:48 AM
87 123 ...