Has anyone seen this before? When I used desktop it worked fine but keep getting these messages when sending to this one account. From both my old Z10 and my new Passport. Any suggestions on a fix?

Permanent failure when sending to an @bellsouth.net account using my BB10 device from an AOL account-img_20150624_230056.png

Posted via Passport
    Attached Thumbnails Permanent failure when sending to an @bellsouth.net account using my BB10 device from an AOL account-img_20150624_225557.png  
    06-24-15 11:02 PM
    Check the email address again because it might be incorrect. Either that or you're replying back to a solicited email or a spoofing address. All in all there is something fishy about that address.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 03:47 AM
    We had an issue with AT&T for months last fall, had our ISP blocked at work, and slowly took their time to correct it.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 05:45 AM
    Hello, thanks for the responses. The email address in question, the @bellsouth.net, is my brother's email account. So there's no question in my mind that this is a legitimate account (no spoofing, goofiness, spamming, etc.) which appears to be handled by yahoo. And as stated in the posting desktop emails from my AOL account go without incident.

With regards to this being an AT&T issue, how can I fix this or is it even possible?

All along I thought it was a BB10 issue, similar to my AOL calendar not syncing properly.

Thanks for any input on guidance to get this done. It's silly that I can't email my brother on the move due to whatever the root cause of this issue is.

Posted via Passport
    06-25-15 11:12 AM
    This might help you understand Yahoo policy regarding your error postmaster 28 message. It has something to do with Yahoo blocking certain emails. https://www.attendstar.com/yahoo-changes-email-policy/

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 10:06 PM
    Thanks thymaster. I guess what I don't understand is, why emails sent from my ATT PP are rejected, whereas emails from my AOL account that are sent through my desktop are received with no issues.

Posted via Passport
    06-25-15 10:22 PM
    Thanks thymaster. I guess what I don't understand is, why emails sent from my ATT PP are rejected, whereas emails from my AOL account that are sent through my desktop are received with no issues.

Posted via Passport
    Could be any of the 3 following reasons:

Email authentication methods ( from https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN7253.html?impressions=true )

DKIM (Domain-Keys Identified Mail)
    SPF (Sender Policy Framework)
    DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance)

** This document is also from April 2014, not very recent, but something to ponder none the less.

Since you already confirmed the account is still active the only failing portion of the error is the BlackBerry.
    As a test, do you have a friend on ATT with a different handset (android or iPhone for example) that could try sending to your brothers account. If those fail, then it is odd to say the least, if they work, then the BB is totally at fault in one form or other.
    06-25-15 10:35 PM
    Thanks Madness, i'll get a buddy of mine to send an email and will post with update.

Yeah, this has happened before on my Z10 since 2014, I just hadn't been annoyed enough to post until now. Figuring (possibly too optimistic) that this has been resolved and all I have to do is change a setting or something.

Posted via Passport
    06-25-15 11:25 PM