Alright, running stock OS since I received this copy in late October. Phone is in good physical condition compared to the other three Passports I had the dismay of QCing for BlackBerry.

But the OS is getting seriously laggy and buggy feeling. Lots of frozen apps and screens, issues with swiping up to unlock not working for 30 seconds only for it finally to work. I'm going to reinstall the OS...I'm sure that will help until 10.3.1 drops. But seriously, this is awful and unstable. Anyone else seeing OS issues over time? I never saw this in pre-10.3 builds, even leaks.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 08:57 PM
    Try 10.3.0.1418 it was excellent on mine.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    12-11-14 09:06 PM
    Any android apps?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 09:49 PM
    Any android apps?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I have a few to two-few. Think that's the cause?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 10:18 PM
    Which android apps? Plenty of threads regarding this

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    deadcowboy likes this.
    12-11-14 10:26 PM
    Which android apps? Plenty of threads regarding this

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    Control4, USBank, CitiBank, Kindle, and Spotify. So not many. What a shame, but I think Android apps could be partly to blame. I wish BB10 didn't have the Android runtime. So inefficient.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 10:32 PM
    I also feel the same. Thought I was the only one. Android apps ran flawless up till around a week ago. Nowadays even BlackBerry apps are laggy., and hangs off and on. Same for transitions

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 10:48 PM
    Make sure they are running on the background by checking the device settings and application permission.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-11-14 10:50 PM
    Alright, running stock OS since I received this copy in late October. Phone is in good physical condition compared to the other three Passports I had the dismay of QCing for BlackBerry.

But the OS is getting seriously laggy and buggy feeling. Lots of frozen apps and screens, issues with swiping up to unlock not working for 30 seconds only for it finally to work. I'm going to reinstall the OS...I'm sure that will help until 10.3.1 drops. But seriously, this is awful and unstable. Anyone else seeing OS issues over time? I never saw this in pre-10.3 builds, even leaks.

Posted via CB10
    Must admit, I'm noticing this version to go buggy at times too. Thankfully it works quite well most of the time, but some of the issues are quite bizarre...such as App screen minimizing and locking out...once I reboot everything goes back to normal. Can't wait to get the official release.

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10.
    12-11-14 10:58 PM
    No issues here, but I also have only one Android app (Audible) installed. The only noteworthy lag might be the lockscreen, which rarely gets kinda stuck and I have to try two or even three times to swipe.
    Which btw. also happened on my Q10 running 10.2.1
    12-11-14 11:24 PM
    Once in a while I will experience that. Usually after a week or so of not rebooting phone. Also noticed I get better performance if I clear cache, force stop and turn off notifications (ones that I don't need or want) of all android apps. I usually do this through ghost commander app around just before I reboot my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by byex; 12-12-14 at 12:25 AM.
    12-11-14 11:27 PM
    Once in a while I will experience that. Usually after a week or so of not rebooting phone. Also noticed I get better performance if I clear cache, force stop and clear cache of all android apps. I usually do this through ghost commander app around just before I reboot my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. Trying this now.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:20 AM
    Control4, USBank, CitiBank, Kindle, and Spotify. So not many. What a shame, but I think Android apps could be partly to blame. I wish BB10 didn't have the Android runtime. So inefficient.

Posted via CB10
    I know for a fact Spotify causes some serious lagging on the phone, and that it can persist for about a minute after closing. Eventually the OS should pull through. Also check if rotation lock is enabled. That seems to cause my device to become a little choppy on animations.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 01:40 AM
    Have no issues so far. I also only have one android app installed, not running in the background either. It's still as zippy as day one. I use my Z10 or Samsung tablet to mess around with Android apps.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    12-12-14 02:01 AM
    IMHO I too wish this Android on BlackBerry thing would stop. It seems to cause more harm than good and keeps developers away from doing native BB apps.

12-12-14 02:07 AM
    Have you ever dumped your caches? And try Task Manager.
    Performance Worsening-img_20141212_021119.png

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-12-14 02:12 AM
    I have some android apps that seem to run fine. But i also have to check and make sure they are closed after use,even if i have them selected to not run in background. I have some that just refuse to close and continue to drain device. I have just deleted them.

I try to avoid android apps. If i can.

Passport on ATT
    12-12-14 08:04 AM
    IMHO I too wish this Android on BlackBerry thing would stop. It seems to cause more harm than good and keeps developers away from doing native BB apps.

That just isn't true. If it were true, these apps would be on Windows Phone, which many of them aren't.

I much prefer native apps but I am glad I can run android because there are several apps that work that I couldn't use otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:31 AM
    Curious: has anyone else been having severe browser issues? In 10.2.1, my Q10 was blazing fast. Now, my Passport has extreme lag, especially when inputting text on websites like NewEgg.

As I said, I'm going to reinstall the OS, but performance is seriously weak for me after just two months.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 09:52 AM
    Interesting. Trying this now.
    Did this do anything to help resolve the problem? Same issue here for me...
    12-18-14 09:44 AM
    Seems like there's quite a few people with laggy recently. Threads popping up here and there on this forums. There's another thread now and another one around 1 week + ago

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:46 AM
    I too have experienced an increase with lagging and I have had my PP since launch. I especially notice it while dialing the phone. There is a noticeable delay before the number I pressed actually appears on the screen. I have deleted several apps I rarely use but does not seem to have helped and have checked the device and app monitor and nothing stands out as the culprit. Not sure what to do but live with it and hope the next OS update helps it.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:13 AM