The forums are the first places that I go when I have problems with anything. There bound to be people that had the same problems and can offer solutions. It is all about sharing information.
    So lighten up folks. If you have a problem I want to hear about it. Maybe I or someone here can help. It also does not hurt to have preventative measures for potential problems that I may have.
    kbz1960 and jakie55 like this.
    10-29-14 10:55 AM
    Does anyone find the sound quality when holding the phone to your ear during a phone call to be terrible.
    10-29-14 11:12 AM
    I am very disappointed with my Passport. It is only a figment of my imagination because it is not available on VZW.
    10-29-14 11:38 AM
    FYI:
    The reason I made this thread was not to give an "underhanded jab" at those with issues. If you have seen my contributions to those threads (or software related issues like Amazon) you should know I hope BlackBerry will resolve these issues. I try to help where I can providing work-arounds too.

The reason I made this thread is because "you always only read complaints on forums like this". I see that comment so much I thought to myself I should create a positive thread! And the ironical tone was just a bonus.
    The only way to get an accurate view of many people are having issues, is if satisfied customers make threads as well. If we get 1 issue per 1000 posts I would say the QC did a pretty good job (especially if they are relatively minor issues).

I could have written that as the OP as well, but hey, would that have gotten this much attention?

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    10-29-14 01:03 PM
    I don't believe you... your Passport can't possibly be problem free... post pictures and/or video to prove it's perfect.
    anon3969612 likes this.
    10-29-14 01:15 PM
    The forums are the first places that I go when I have problems with anything. There bound to be people that had the same problems and can offer solutions. It is all about sharing information.
    So lighten up folks. If you have a problem I want to hear about it. Maybe I or someone here can help. It also does not hurt to have preventative measures for potential problems that I may have.
    Excellent point. I for one look to the forums not only as a place to discuss common themes but also to learn about my device and that is something I think we can all agree on.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-29-14 02:04 PM
    FYI:
    The reason I made this thread was not to give an "underhanded jab" at those with issues. If you have seen my contributions to those threads (or software related issues like Amazon) you should know I hope BlackBerry will resolve these issues. I try to help where I can providing work-arounds too.

The reason I made this thread is because "you always only read complaints on forums like this". I see that comment so much I thought to myself I should create a positive thread! And the ironical tone was just a bonus.
    The only way to get an accurate view of many people are having issues, is if satisfied customers make threads as well. If we get 1 issue per 1000 posts I would say the QC did a pretty good job (especially if they are relatively minor issues).

I could have written that as the OP as well, but hey, would that have gotten this much attention?

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    Thank you for the clarification. I think that your tone just wasn't right considering that there are at least a few of us who frequent the forum that have (unfortunately) had serious issues with our devices, and I didn't find it appropriate that you were making light of the situation. Now I understand that wasn't your intention. Frankly, I was surprised because you seemed supportive but then this thread took me by surprise.

MrGlenn likes this.
    10-29-14 02:15 PM
    The Blackberry Passport is so ugly, ITS FOKIN' awesome!! I can't put it down, such a great tool for my needs. I hate you blackberry!
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-29-14 02:18 PM
    I've had no hardware problems. Think I had one random reboot and it turned off in my pocket somehow once. Also kinda got locked up once so I had to do a hard reboot. Just a few software bugs (calendar timezone and camera auto focus).

Very solid piece of hardware and the software bugs can be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:58 PM
    OP what's the point of this post ? It's sarcasm ? Or it isn't? Do we care ? Are you trying to be funny ? If you were in someone else's shoes you won't be spending your time posting those useless topics, how about that? Imagine you just gave 800$ and you got your screen splitting or w/e...I fail to understand people like you, I'm sorry.
    10-29-14 03:04 PM
    Thank you for the clarification. I think that your tone just wasn't right considering that there are at least a few of us who frequent the forum that have (unfortunately) had serious issues with our devices, and I didn't find it appropriate that you were making light of the situation. Now I understand that wasn't your intention. Frankly, I was surprised because you seemed supportive but then this thread took me by surprise.

It was intended as click bait for Adif, but he seems to have gotten a (temp?) ban.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-29-14 03:06 PM
    That's okay Nikolay, not everyone can understand everything all the time. I made a pretty detailed post about what I meant just a short while ago though, that should have helped a little. The sarcasm should be obvious, I do not want defects in my device...

My problem is that some of the complaint threads are often blowing up the issues to such an extent they actually begin to sound like an epic struggle against BB/DR. That's what I am 'jealous' of. You mentioned being in someone else's shoes: if I was in that situation I would be on the phone with Customer Support all the time explaining my problem, my rights and their responsibilities. All to make sure they take me seriously.
    Again: there are legitimate complaints, and appropriate ways to deal with them. Many users provide constructive criticism, keep us posted on their Support tickets, etc. But then you have the threads saying:
    "I don't need any help, I just want to shout about this issue, gtfo if you don't have this problem I do not want to know, many people are having this issue!"
    Those are the threads/people I do not understand.
    partizan666 and jakie55 like this.
    10-29-14 04:21 PM
    My Passport Contacts App has a font issue and won't take dark mode despite my best efforts. I did a device switch from a Z30. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 08:46 PM
    The Passport is way too light!

No wait... I realize now why it feels so light. There isn't one in my hand! Curse you for not bringing it to the United States already!!
    10-29-14 09:59 PM
    Lol nice post OP the passport is a well built beast of a phone. It's so good I returned my iphone6. Now I wait for my unlocked passport to arrive. Hey OP did you see the passport drop test? Wow.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:14 PM
    I feel your paid dude

The Gif Exchange C001B7B16
    10-29-14 10:54 PM
    do you have dead pixels?
    10-29-14 11:10 PM
    My passport is perfect except for an authentic holster, just sportin a temp one for now

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-29-14 11:14 PM
    I only have a loose volume key (the up volume one) making an annoying rattle sound when i shook it, nothing else, but can live with it, not a deal braker :-p
    10-30-14 12:47 AM
    Well said Mr Glenn! Thank God there are some who have respect for the technical work done already, and for the work that (always) needs to be done henceforth. Always. Is there no compassion anywhere? Life's hard enough; let those who can respect and can appreciate, simply enjoy the positive. I find my new Passport marvellous, and it gives me pleasure as well as performance. Is the device perfect? Of course not!
    "Let the one amongst us who can create perfection be the first to cast the stone".

BBRY user for many years, many devices. Passport: SQW 100-1, ATT, LTE strong signal/v.fast
    10-30-14 10:59 AM
    do you have dead pixels?
    Do you?
    Nope.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-30-14 04:50 PM
    Mine is perfect too. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 05:14 PM
    Do you?
    yes i have one. replaced it. same thing but different location. made a thread called dust under the screen
    10-30-14 06:22 PM
    Hehe, just got the mighty PP and I must say I was actually expecting at least some issues. But, nada! Physically my specimen is rock solid and I only have a few (expected, thanks to CB) SW glitches.

Posted via CB10
    Hey man! Finally u got the passport! Cool! Haha

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:02 PM
49 12