11-23-15 02:51 PM
47 12
tools
    problem can be connected with the cable ad BAD contact on the jack plug
    09-06-15 04:35 PM
    I have never noticed. I don't have a great quality stereo system in my car though. I play both my iPod and Passport and never noticed a difference.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 05:41 PM
    I use an aux jack in my car and it works just fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 05:57 PM
    Working fine on my Harley StreetGlide , streaming music either thru port or Bluetooth
    09-07-15 01:28 AM
    To clarify one thing, the phone certainly does differentiate between headphones and line out. I am not sure if the presence of a mic on the jack makes the difference though.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 08:41 AM
    Turn phone volume down and volume up on other device..... Start at half volume on your phone and play around with it....

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-07-15 09:02 AM
    +1. Don't bomb the limiter of your auxiliary input.
    Try w/ Passport volume as low as possible first then gradually increase (if you really need to : the lowest, the better).
    Line input levels are pretty low ... this may explain.
    Please report back.
    09-07-15 12:43 PM
    My back Comer is loose and clicky on both sides. Probably 2" in middle on both sides. Always heard a click when I picked up the phone. Didn't realize how loose until this post

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 01:58 PM
    As I stated (implied?) in my response to your other thread - Passport sound via Aux Cable is great in my car (and I don't use any fancy type of cable, I use an extendable one that I was gifted as a freebie as part of a conference pack years ago....).

Having said that, I think I have to turn up the car stereo volume higher for the Passport, than I did for the Q10 (when I had to remember to turn the car stereo volume right down before I hit play).

My car is a Vauxhall Vectra (eg really an Opel as was built in Germany.... one of the European brands of General Motors) - though it's 6.5 years old now, it was the whizziest version when I got it, so maybe it has a better than average stereo in it?

I'm a little confused... when you plug into the Aux socket in the car, you are also using the headphone socket in the Passport? Or are you using something else?

I listened to all of Fidelio (an opera) last night, sourced from my Passport, as I drove back from Somerset to London (UK locations) - my Passport connected to my car stereo via the car's Aux socket and the Passport headphone jack - whilst opera does not generally have a repetitive thumping bass like a lot of electronic music, there are definitely periods of 'heavy bass' and I would have noticed if the bass was not right.

The sound quality in the car (eg Passport to Aux) is better than if I Bluetooth my Passport to a soundbar type thing (eg Jawbone Big Jambox - great for picnics) - but I've always thought that this is because the speakers in the car are bigger and better than the soundbar ones.

I haven't (intentionally) fiddled with any of the sound settings on my Passport.....
    09-07-15 09:41 PM
    Please ensure that the jack you are plugging into Passport is 4P compliant to CTIA.

CTIA (Cellular Telephone Industry Association)

Left
    Right
    Ground
    Mic

OMTP (Open Mobile Terminal Platform)

Left
    Right
    Mic
    Ground

For the people who plug in their Passports using AUX in car...-575313405_065.jpg

For the people who plug in their Passports using AUX in car...-8rfy3.jpg
    Last edited by yhamaie; 09-08-15 at 03:59 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-08-15 12:35 AM
    Great via both Bluetooth and AUX in my 2012. Citron C4 Picasso (OG and SE)
    Oops - edit: I dont use AUX, but USB (built in), not even sure if I have regular speaker AUX port in the car
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by LyoobaBerry; 09-08-15 at 03:43 AM.
    09-08-15 03:21 AM
    Haven't tested yet, but any chance that it has to do with the Headphone Audio Boost option in the Main Volume settings? Those of you that are having problems could try with the option enabled/disabled to see if it makes any difference. Just a shot in the dark, though.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-08-15 06:12 AM
    The volume is very low compared to the nexus 6 or huawei p8 but sounds clearer

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 01:04 AM
    Restart your device next time.
    If that doesn't work than do a OS reload.

I've had this problem in the past.
    And it turned out there was a website that I used to go to that would screw up the software on my Passport and cause the output to go crazy. BlackBerry never issued a patch. So I can only guess the same has happened to you.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    09-15-15 05:39 AM
    I got a 2012 Ford Ranger and I use an audiopipe connector. It works Amazing. The clarity is excellent.
    09-15-15 08:10 AM
    Interesting... my passport do recognized the difference between my headphone or line-in aux... I don't have to worry about extreme high volume when I go from line to headphone.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 08:33 AM
    I used the cable came with my beat headphone and the volume is so low...

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 11:29 AM
    What I find is interesting and disconcerting is that when I use my passport headphone jack into an aux in of an amp I find the bass response often is terrible. But some devices i T is fine. For example I plug into a Xenix mixing board and the bass is terrible. Streaming blue tooth is way better. I have to investigate more!

 Passport SE 
    10-04-15 10:03 PM
    works great - 2005 Grande Cherokee
    10-05-15 11:21 AM
    Any updates? I have my PP and a Z10 both running same software versions. With same AUX cable in my truck, Z10 sounds great while PP is low volume.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 11:32 AM
    Use it in my works van. I make sure either the sound enchantments are off in the vehicle and use the music players it sounds great

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 11:50 AM
    I have a casette deck. I bought a cheap adaptor that plugs into the deck and has a cord that goes into the headphone jack. The sound is awesome! Much better than those radio broadcast gadgets.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 02:51 PM
47 12