A neat 'trick'. You can map shortcuts , example when you type 'youre' it corrects it to 'you're' etc. So if you map let's say 'nm' together and make the correction '?' , you'll be able to get the symbols mapped to the keyboard.

However, it doesn't work when it's attached to a word, e.g 'Are you there nm' would become 'Are you there ?', but 'Are you there thenm' would stay the same. Also, you have to press the spacebar to get it to correct the combination. E.g 'Are you there nm' will stay the same, 'Are you there nm ' will correct itself to 'Are you there ? '

It would be neat if you could map a single letter to a symbol, which would automatically correct itself, e.g when pressing the letter 'x' it would change into a '?', or something like that.
    Coraya likes this.
    11-09-14 08:25 PM
    nice idea for a workaround
    11-09-14 08:28 PM
    Isn't there a formula for removing spaces like that? I saw a thread a little while back that was about just this.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing! This could be a neat work around for those that need it.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-09-14 09:41 PM
    Isn't there a formula for removing spaces like that? I saw a thread a little while back that was about just this.

Posted via CB10
    That would be sweet...i've searched the forums a bit but couldn't find anything.... Do you know what keywords to search for..?
    11-10-14 04:10 PM
    Settings>language and input>prediction>word substitution
    I use this all the time.
    My examples are:
    Type c and it changes to see
    Type u and it changes to you
    Etc....

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:25 PM
    I turned off the auto correction, and built my own library of word substitutions. I find this way much more rewarding, as You, are the best at knowing your own habits.

It takes a bit of time building up the library, but when it is built just how you want it, it works like a charm.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-10-14 06:46 PM
    Why don't people just swipe down on the keyboard and then press the physical key that's mapped to the symbol? Eventually (actually rather quickly) you'll memorize which physical key is mapped to the symbols you most use, and it becomes a two-finger-move action (as would pressing the alt key + corresponding letter key).

Posted via CB10
    alan510 likes this.
    11-10-14 06:50 PM
    Cool is thanks for sharing

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-10-14 06:55 PM
    I have totally not used this functionality in years! Thanks for sharing!

Today, I also learned you can forward to next email or return to previous email by swiping an arrow from the far left of the screen and up ( _____|) or from the far left and down. So much capability with BB 10 it is just incredible!
    11-10-14 07:58 PM
    That would be sweet...i've searched the forums a bit but couldn't find anything.... Do you know what keywords to search for..?
    I believe the consensus was that only BBOS phones had the capability, and that BB10 didn't.

Posted via CB10
    SenorPistachio likes this.
    11-11-14 09:53 AM