04-13-16 11:56 PM
49 12
tools
    "People" is not every 2 billion of smartphone users. There would have been enough had people known that the phone existed.
    That's what I have been saying. The point is, every smart phone owner knows the iPhone exists.
    Many buy them.

Most smartphone owners don't know the Passport exists.
    If most people knew that it existed, it would probably have sold 10 times as many. Plus, with more sales would have come more apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 10:16 PM
    I had people laugh at me and be amazed by the uniqueness of the device. Mainly because of the ongoing Iphone and Samsung use.
    04-10-16 12:05 AM
    At the clinic where I work, lots of patients stare at my PPSE whenever I'm texting or making a call. Definitely an eye-catching gorgeous phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 07:07 AM
    I nearly always get "Wow, is that a new BlackBerry (after seeing name on top of phone)" sigh ' "No, it's been around for about year and a 1/2"

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    04-10-16 07:53 AM
    Passport is a conversation starter. I have the SE and without fail, whenever I have it out in a crowd, people are looking at it, asking me about it, etc. BlackBerry did a **** poor crap job of selling this phone and it was too expensive at the jump, just like the Priv. I am with original poster in believing that had BlackBerry put some muscle behind this and marketed it far and wide at a more competitive price, it might have just taken off. It's unique to a massive degree and if people knew about it, especially the Passport SE model, which is way better looking and handling than all the rest, they would probably have bought it.

Posted via CB10
    markmall likes this.
    04-10-16 08:19 AM
    Amen, I can not tell you how many people want to take a look at that Great Phone!.....Then the next statement is "BlackBerry is still in business?". Yup proof positive that he who advertises wins the war!

Woof!
    04-10-16 08:28 AM
    Every Barrista at every Starbucks compliments my phone

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 01:05 PM
    Last night I went to a small gathering and when I took out my new passport SE everyone was shocked they couldn't believe that the passport made a phone like this.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 01:39 PM
    Well, I got lots of looks and comments but after tomorrow no more, getting rid of mine, lol

Posted with my Passport SE
    04-10-16 01:42 PM
    Since this was designed before Chen came on board (even though released after), I think he had less incentive to make it a success. Not saying he made a conscious decision to squelch it, but sometimes these sorts of biases impact decision-making. Chen at least pretended to market the Priv which was his decision to green-light. (It still was miserable and insufficient marketing.)
    04-10-16 05:56 PM
    I used my White Passport for a year and have been using my Silver Edition for almost five months and I have only had a couple people ever say anything negative about it. Most people were amazed BlackBerry was still around and surprised they made such an interesting and large phone. The touch-enabled keyboard is usually the feature that interests them the most.

I always carry at least one other (non-BB10) phone on me but almost always use my Passport when paying for coffee or in situations where people might be paying attention to the phone I'm using. It's just a shame that I can no longer actively recommend it to others.

I think BlackBerry did a decent (but not good/great) job with releasing and promoting the Passport but totally failed in following up on it. The Passport managed to turn heads while the Priv mostly just blends in with the other hundreds of Android OEMs out there. No one with any sense could expect one single device to turn the company around but a Passport 2 and an all-touch device with the Passport's dimensions would certainly have made more impact than the Priv (or it's mid-range successors) will.
    04-10-16 07:56 PM
    Cbosdell, how can you say that they did a good job marketing the PP? It got tons of attention on its release, but BlackBerry didn't have any phones to sell. 3-5 months later they finally did.

Then when there were phones to sell there was no marketing efforts to speak of. No print, no TV, no nothing.

Once the passport failed, Chen was free to launch his darling savior smartphone -- the Privvy.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 10:00 PM
    I've been told that my Passport (original black) looks nice. A colleague has told me the form factor is awkward. Another person was surprised that there was a BlackBerry phone like this today.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 07:00 AM
    It does stand out. Over the past couple years, I've been asked countless times about the phone. About 90% of the time the follow up statement is that I didn't know BlackBerry was still in business.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 08:21 AM
    Cbosdell, how can you say that they did a good job marketing the PP? It got tons of attention on its release, but BlackBerry didn't have any phones to sell. 3-5 months later they finally did.

Then when there were phones to sell there was no marketing efforts to speak of. No print, no TV, no nothing.

Once the passport failed, Chen was free to launch his darling savior smartphone -- the Privvy.

Posted via CB10
    Well I didn't say they did a good job just that they did a decent one. I'm pretty sure they gave it more attention than the Z30 did (which was basically nothing). Chen at least appeared supportive of the Passport and it's unique features at the time and still claims to use one on a daily basis (unlike any other BB10 phone). I guess I have low-ish expectations from years of disappointments.
    04-11-16 10:02 AM
    Same here, I get a lot of wow that thing looks awesome what is it and they still make phones?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-11-16 10:47 AM
    Fascinated until they find out its a BlackBerry. Then the conversation goes to "Didn't know BlackBerry was still in business" or "BlackBerry still makes phones?", or all fascination is lost and they look down at you for using a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha that is spot on!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 11:05 AM
    I've been trying to get hold of a passport just to get a feel for it before buying. None of the carriers in the UK had it on display and most don't even sell it. Started convincing me to buy Samsung or Apple (which I already have). For anyone in London wanting to have a look and check out the passport go to Harrods. They have the Passport Og , the classic, the Priv and the Porsche Design range on display.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-11-16 11:15 AM
    Well, I'm looking for a Passport. I see a lot of potencial with This Phone. I think is the Best for editing Word documents and reading PDF. AND in my job (veterinarian), I read a lot of articles and pdf about veterinary and is very dificult with the z10 aspect ratio. I think with the passport and the OS, I really don't need to use my tablet and the PC!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 06:08 AM
    Same here.. my office folks already started asking what it is.. cool looking SE

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 08:25 AM
    so true. Overtime I pull out my phone people want to hold it, play with it, and mess around. They always say it's a cool phone/ unique phone. I love being one of the only ones with a passport in university.
    04-12-16 10:13 AM
    People fascinated when see Passport-passportcalc.jpg

Looks like a calculator?

Posted via CB10 with the Passport SE
    04-13-16 07:42 PM
    I agree with the OP

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-13-16 09:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PassportCalc.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	49.5 KB