Does anyone know why the watch receives bbm notifications when messages are sent and read in addition to receiving them? If I un check unknown contact in the screen shot below I won't receive any bbm notifications at all to the watch

Attachment 324599

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried Power Tools? It has Talk2Watch integration and it has BBM message. It can tell if the message is incoming or outgoing.

Pebble Watch- questions re. Talk2Watch Pro-img_20140624_122525.png
    01-01-15 11:28 AM
    If anyone really wants to keep .1154 (like me) I *think* I've found a fix for battery life. Tuesday night (3 nights ago) I was having issues re-establishing bluetooth connection so I deleted the Talk2Watch app AND reset the Pebble using factory reset. The next day (Wednesday) I noticed that the battery meter on YWeather was not losing bars. I thought it was malfunctioning. 5PM, still all the bars. Lost one bar around 8-9PM. All bars except one when I went to bed after midnight. I charged overnight, but yesterday it went back to the same cra**y horrible battery life. I got thinking maybe it is a memory leak (?) or something in the Talk2Watch app. So this morning, 7AM, when I took everything off the chargers, I closed the Talk2Watch app to break the connection, then reopened. Today I am *again* getting outstanding battery life. 2:30PM and all bars on a heavy email day with weather running.
    Could the "fix" be this simple? It's working for me!
    cajunberry and Sherks like this.
    01-02-15 01:33 PM
    I bought a nice band for my Pebble at KMART for $7.99...
    Pebble Watch- questions re. Talk2Watch Pro-img_20150102_104642.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 09:52 PM
    I bought a nice band for my Pebble at KMART for $7.99...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150102_104642.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	324971

Posted via CB10
    Nice option for the standard Pebble.
    The Steel needs a proprietary band unfortunately.
    BTW: What watch face is that and can you use it with T2W?
    01-02-15 11:05 PM
    No they aren't. Pebble is a standard watch spec. Trust: me, it works perfectly, any watch band

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:21 PM
    Ok steel Pebble might be a weird spec

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Steel model requires a proprietary band.
    Thanks.
    01-02-15 11:28 PM
    Hi All,

10.3.1.1949 the latest leak on my Z30 is even worse for Bluetooth battery drain, munched around 50% on the Pebble overnight. At least on 1154 I got nearly 2 days.

Barry
    01-03-15 07:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    There are two rectangle shaped hooks on each end of the watch band so NO not all watch bands are successful unless you can find one cut out properly to fit!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:17 AM
    Hi All,

10.3.1.1949 the latest leak on my Z30 is even worse for Bluetooth battery drain, munched around 50% on the Pebble overnight. At least on 1154 I got nearly 2 days.

Barry
    Read my post (#52)

Try this with .1949. I can be certain this has fixed the battery issue for me on .1154. I go from 7AM to 9PM without losing ONE BAR on my battery meter (using the YWeather watch face with battery indicator.)
    By the way, has a new radio file been released for .1949? Last I saw, there was no new radio file, so your battery life should be the same as .1154 (excepting my possible fix of course)
    01-03-15 10:53 AM
    Have you tried Power Tools? It has Talk2Watch integration and it has BBM message. It can tell if the message is incoming or outgoing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140624_122525.png 
Views:	456 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	324642
    Yes it works nicely however doesn't solve the issue of the watch vibrating everytime a bbm is sent then read.

Does anyone know if t2w pro or just t2w have to be left open or both in order for the app to run?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 04:58 PM
    Yes it works nicely however doesn't solve the issue of the watch vibrating everytime a bbm is sent then read.

Does anyone know if t2w pro or just t2w have to be left open or both in order for the app to run?

Posted via CB10
    Both have to open but minimized is fine. The developer posted that it should run headless on the next update.
    miketko likes this.
    01-03-15 06:46 PM
    If anyone really wants to keep .1154 (like me) I *think* I've found a fix for battery life. Tuesday night (3 nights ago) I was having issues re-establishing bluetooth connection so I deleted the Talk2Watch app AND reset the Pebble using factory reset. The next day (Wednesday) I noticed that the battery meter on YWeather was not losing bars. I thought it was malfunctioning. 5PM, still all the bars. Lost one bar around 8-9PM. All bars except one when I went to bed after midnight. I charged overnight, but yesterday it went back to the same cra**y horrible battery life. I got thinking maybe it is a memory leak (?) or something in the Talk2Watch app. So this morning, 7AM, when I took everything off the chargers, I closed the Talk2Watch app to break the connection, then reopened. Today I am *again* getting outstanding battery life. 2:30PM and all bars on a heavy email day with weather running.
    Could the "fix" be this simple? It's working for me!
    I did it more than five times 3 days ago , and it still drain battery like a hunger, ....Did it fix your problem ? Could you review about the battery use after you did that ? Special thanks
    01-04-15 08:32 AM
    Simple. I charge both my device and watch every night. Force of habit.
    When I wake up, I close Talk2Watch on the phone.
    I turn it back on and it reconnects with watch.
    My battery life is outstanding. I don't lose the first bar on YWeather until after 11PM, almost 16 hours running. There are 6 bars, so that would extrapolate out to the 4 days or so as advertised.
    Did you try the other pre-requisites I did?
    Delete Talk2Watch.
    Reset watch to "factory settings.
    Open the Pebble Watch app and uninstall third party apps except for some watchfaces. (step above should do that, but find a watch face or two you would like to reinstall.) I didn't take any chances yet with other third party apps, most won't work without Pebble App open anyway.
    Close (or delete if you have reconnect issues) the Pebble Watch app
    Reinstall Talk2Watch from Blackberry World.
    Re-establish bluetooth connection.
    Not sure if its something in the uninstall/ reinstall process that helps to fix it. But I DO know if I DO NOT re-establish the Bluetooth connection every morning it goes back to the shi**ty battery life!

In my case I can definitely mark the issue as "fixed". It's been 5 days now. This is of course on 3.1.1154.
    Hope you can replicate my same results.
    Last edited by garpt; 01-04-15 at 10:16 AM.
    Sherks likes this.
    01-04-15 09:57 AM
    Well so the trick is re-establish Bluetooth connection, and you have to charge overnights everyday, and re established every morning. It look like it will make my life harder, :d. So thank you for your sharing, maybe I will downgrade to lower version to make my life easier and waiting for new os, thanks :d
    01-04-15 11:53 PM
    The recharge every night is not necessary since it's only losing a bar a day (batt. meter watch face I use). At least in my case it was something in the procedure above that fixed it. Since I charge my phone everynight on my bedside table, I just remove the watch and throw it on the charger too. The re-establish connection daily is the important part. Before this, I couldn't even make it through a day before the 10% warning coming on.
    Sherks likes this.
    01-05-15 06:41 AM
    I am running 10.3.1.747 on my Z30 and have the latest OS on my Steel. I have Talk2watch Pro running. I am having two problems. 1st is the any time i get a FB message T2W shuts down. 2nd problem is when i get out of range of my phone ( i work in an office and have to run back to my warehouse fairly often during the day) the connection drops and i have to manually pair the devices again. Is this just the nature of the app of is there something else that is causing the connection to not automatically re-connect?
    01-08-15 01:38 PM
    I am running 10.3.1.747 on my Z30 and have the latest OS on my Steel. I have Talk2watch Pro running. I am having two problems. 1st is the any time i get a FB message T2W shuts down. 2nd problem is when i get out of range of my phone ( i work in an office and have to run back to my warehouse fairly often during the day) the connection drops and i have to manually pair the devices again. Is this just the nature of the app of is there something else that is causing the connection to not automatically re-connect?
    The Facebook feature works only for Facebook chat, and I don't believe anyone has gotten it to work for even that. I keep it off. Might ask the developer about that one (his link is with the app on BB World)
    As far as bluetooth connectivity, if you get out of range (approx. 30 feet) it will disconnect and have to be manually reconnected. Some say it's a bug with the device, but that is how all my bluetooth devices work (wireless speakers, headphones, etc.)
    dzegers likes this.
    01-08-15 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the help. I am still getting my head around what can and can'r be done on the Pebble with a BB. One thing I am confused by is the scripts.
    01-08-15 02:07 PM
    Thanks for the help. I am still getting my head around what can and can'r be done on the Pebble with a BB. One thing I am confused by is the scripts.
    A script is a tiny "app" that tells the watch to perform a certain function, i.e. the developer has written a few scripts for watchfaces from the Pebble app so that we can use them without needing the Pebble app (I use YWeather as my everyday watch face thanks to the script he wrote for it.) Scripts can be written for practically any simpler commands such as opening another app on your device and operating basic functions. But that is beyond my grade level (and patience) right now. I'll wait for others to do that as T2W develops!
    01-10-15 09:40 PM
    Never heard of caller watch! Love my Pebble though!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:59 PM
    I wish the Cards for Pebble app worked on the watch in connection with a Passport. It's the single most useful app for the Pebble as it constantly displays the upcoming calendar items on the watch face.
    01-11-15 03:57 AM
    I wish the Cards for Pebble app worked on the watch in connection with a Passport. It's the single most useful app for the Pebble as it constantly displays the upcoming calendar items on the watch face.
    I just had contact wth the dev of Talk2Watch. Some very exciting features coming **shortly* in an update. Among these:
    * Caller ID supported (without the separate app)
    * Access to the Pebble App Store (many more watch faces and APPS!)
    * Headless will NOT be included in this update. Evidently it is more of a Blackberry issue; the app requires more RAM then BB is allocating in order to run more dependably. Ben mentioned he has headless running beta, but it is not dependable enough to release as of now. He noted he will get back to it after releasing the new update.

-GT
    Sherks and Sarek1701 like this.
    01-11-15 09:13 AM
    I've been hearing about the new version being released "soon" and "shortly" for months now. I've seen the screen shots and it looks awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

Back to 10.3.0 to save my Pebble battery.
    01-11-15 02:36 PM
    I've been hearing about the new version being released "soon" and "shortly" for months now. I've seen the screen shots and it looks awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

Back to 10.3.0 to save my Pebble battery.
    It was the headless feature that took up most of the delay as I understood.
    Now that he has given up on that for this update, my understanding is that it will actually be "shortly" . Although couldn't pin it down any more.
    01-11-15 09:23 PM
125 12345