Hi,
    Just got my Xmas gift to me. Pebble Steel watch. Took a while to get it operating, but it is very cool. I am getting incoming calls w/ caller ID (after downloading Caller Watch) and I'm getting emails as well. But Talk2Watch pro is showing a lot of other features that don't seem to be working- Weather (I can push the icon on the phone and receive the text on the watch but kind of defeats the purpose). Also, GPS and Sports icons don't seem to do anything. Also, there are selectable watch faces in the app but they don't seem to work. Not a lot of instruction about the app. Can anyone help me with the how to's and can do's?

Also- Do both apps (Caller watch and Talk2Watch) need to be open and minimized to operate?
    Thanks Much!
    12-23-14 02:06 PM
    You have to download the watchface from the pebble app - Yweather works with Talk2watch.

You can also download a battery watchface for the battery, try Battery Meter.

Caller watch is headless so you can close it. Talk2watch needs to remain open.
    garpt likes this.
    12-23-14 03:01 PM
    To elaborate on Cajunberry, yes you need to install the Android Pebble app to get the watchfaces onto your Pebble. While there are many watchfaces that display the weather, only the ones listed in T2W Pro will work.

Close T2W Pro, open the Pebble app and connect it to your watch. Once connected, you can use the app to explore all the different watchfaces and apps available. If an app or watchface doesn't require a data connection you can also use it with T2W Pro. Download and install the desired watchfaces and apps from the Android Pebble app to your Pebble. Once you're done with this, disconnect your Pebble from the Pebble app and close the app. Open up T2W Pro and connect it to your watch. You can now use the pre determined weather watchfaces.

I've found that on occasion (I think it depends on either the watch OS or the phones OS), the Android Pebble app will constantly try to reconnect to your watch. In this case, I've just uninstalled the app. The .apk is saved on the phone, so if you need to reinstall it, it's a folder away.

And yes, CallerWatch is headless so you can close it and it will continue to run in the background. Unfortunately, until 10.3.1 is available to the masses, the dev has decided not to release the headless version of T2W Pro. So that app has to remain open.

Hope some of this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Jerzeydevil, cajunberry and garpt like this.
    12-23-14 03:22 PM
    Interesting topic, thanks to the OP and the responses! I hope there is a Pebble watch under the tree for me this year, and I can't wait to have it working with my Passport! I looked at a lot of fitness trackers that sync with BB10, and finally decided to ask for a Pebble instead - watch plus tracker plus BB10 support seems like a win to me.
    garpt likes this.
    12-23-14 03:28 PM
    ..You.ve all been thanked and I appreciate the assistance.
    I believe I have enough to get me going now.
    Cheers and Happy Holidays!
    -GT
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    12-23-14 04:02 PM
    Pebble worked great with my Z10, and now with the Passport!

With the right Watchface (some work,some dont).from android pebble app, you can have time,weather,bluetooth connected,battery. Lots of different setups.

With use of other smart watch apps, you can do more. Heck, i can control my philips Hue lights with my pebble watch! Ha

Passport on ATT
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    12-23-14 08:27 PM
    FYI, power tools also have talk2watch integration like callerid, email notification, BBM new message and others.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:32 PM
    Hi,
    Just got my Xmas gift to me. Pebble Steel watch. Took a while to get it operating, but it is very cool. I am getting incoming calls w/ caller ID (after downloading Caller Watch) and I'm getting emails as well. But Talk2Watch pro is showing a lot of other features that don't seem to be working- Weather (I can push the icon on the phone and receive the text on the watch but kind of defeats the purpose). Also, GPS and Sports icons don't seem to do anything. Also, there are selecwatch faces in the app but they don't seem to work. Not a lot of instruction about the app. Can anyone help me with the how to's and can do's?

Also- Do both apps (Caller watch and Talk2Watch) need to be open and minimized to operate?
    Thanks Much!
    Can't seem to find caller watch?
    Where did you download that app to get caller id working!?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side loaded on the Passport!
    12-24-14 03:54 AM
    Can't seem to find caller watch?
    Where did you download that app to get caller id working!?

CallerWatch is in BB world. Good thing is that you simply flip the switch on and close it. Caller ID works, runs in background.
    12-24-14 11:08 AM
    OK. These are the functions that I can get to work with Talk2Watch/ CallerWatch combination:
    * Caller ID
    * All my email accounts
    * Texts
    * Weather and battery level with gps location using YWeather watch face
    * Basic music functions (Volume up/down, play/ pause. NO next or previous track.
    * Facebook notifications

Things that I would LIKE to use, but apparently can't without the Pepple app running and paired to BT:
    *ESPN
    *Yelp
    *Pandora or Music Boss for song (or music app) switching capabilities

If I am correct, the catch 22 to this is if I want the companion apps above, the Pebble App needs to be connected to BT. That means one of the most important functions for me (caller ID) is lost since that feature requires the two built for BB apps.
    Am I correct on these counts? If so, I will have to run with the traditional Talk2 Watch/ CallerWatch companion app and forget about the "add on" apps until someone sorts all that out.

Thanks. GT
    12-24-14 11:19 AM
    How did you get Facebook working?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:46 AM
    How did you get Facebook working?

Posted via CB10
    I'm using the "pro" version of Talk2Watch. But I am going through my saved notifications and even though I signed in to FB, you are correct it may not be giving notifications. However, apparently Twitter is fixed (was supposedly broken) because I AM getting Twitter notifications......
    12-24-14 12:48 PM
    To get next / previous working in the music app on the Pebble all you have to do is press the desired button twice. One press will raise or lower the volume, two presses will give you next / previous track.

I really like this feature when I'm in the car as I can control, to an extent, the music on my phone without taking my eyes off the road.

Posted via CB10
    garpt likes this.
    12-25-14 12:09 AM
    CallerWatch is in BB world. Good thing is that you simply flip the switch on and close it. Caller ID works, runs in background.
    Thankyou I figured that out and your r right!

At this point I'm happy that I get the number of the call id showing but unregettably not the name yet! I hope with the next developer update will completely enable the name number of call id! However it will pull name number up if it's in my contacts!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 12-26-14 at 01:06 AM.
    12-25-14 05:51 PM
    Thankyou I figured that out and your r right!

At this point I'm happy that I get the number of the call id showing but unregettably not the name yet! I hope with the next developer update will completely enable the name number of call id! However it will pull name number up if it's in my contacts!
    Caller ID works perfectly with CallerWatch. Of course the contact would have to be set up in your phone in order to get the ID of the caller.

tfp: Thank You for that info! Now there is no need for the aftermarket app that requires Pebble app to work. A simple but important function for workouts or driving. Much appreciated!
    12-26-14 10:46 AM
    I got my Pebble yesterday, and have had a bunch of fun setting it up. I have noticed that weather info worked yesterday, but today does not, on a number of watchfaces. I also had the battery die first thing this morning. Reading other threads it appears it may be due to the fact that I'm using 10.3.1.

Troubleshooting is half the fun of having new tech!
    12-26-14 02:42 PM
    I got my Pebble yesterday, and have had a bunch of fun setting it up. I have noticed that weather info worked yesterday, but today does not, on a number of watchfaces. I also had the battery die first thing this morning. Reading other threads it appears it may be due to the fact that I'm using 10.3.1.

Troubleshooting is half the fun of having new tech!
    Yep, the watch battery just gets drained in no time, if you're in 10.3.1. Otherwise, the Pebble is great with BB devices.

Hopefully, this will get taken care of in the new year.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    12-26-14 03:33 PM
    OK. These are the functions that I can get to work with Talk2Watch/ CallerWatch combination:
    * Caller ID
    * All my email accounts
    * Texts
    * Weather and battery level with gps location using YWeather watch face
    * Basic music functions (Volume up/down, play/ pause. NO next or previous track.
    * Facebook notifications

Things that I would LIKE to use, but apparently can't without the Pepple app running and paired to BT:
    *ESPN
    *Yelp
    *Pandora or Music Boss for song (or music app) switching capabilities

If I am correct, the catch 22 to this is if I want the companion apps above, the Pebble App needs to be connected to BT. That means one of the most important functions for me (caller ID) is lost since that feature requires the two built for BB apps.
    Am I correct on these counts? If so, I will have to run with the traditional Talk2 Watch/ CallerWatch companion app and forget about the "add on" apps until someone sorts all that out.

Thanks. GT
    Music function works well double press to play next or previous

Posted via Passport
    12-26-14 07:16 PM
    Music function works well double press to play next or previous

Posted via Passport
    Got that in a previous post. Good news. Thanx
    12-26-14 08:05 PM
    Yep, the watch battery just gets drained in no time, if you're in 10.3.1. Otherwise, the Pebble is great with BB devices.

Hopefully, this will get taken care of in the new year.
    I've noticed the battery drain as well now. It's rated at 4-5 days battery but it looks like I'll need to charge every night. I am using YWeather however, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Also my Passport is getting significantly lower battery life as well. Anyone else seeing this?
    12-26-14 08:11 PM
    Which os do you have on your passport? If you have loaded 10.3.1, you will probably have very poor battery life on your pebble. Not sure about 10.3, but on 10.2.1, with my z30, I had at least 4-5 days of battery on my pebble, but I went straight from 10.3.1, and my pebble now has to be recharged every night. Apparently 10.3 doesn't kill the pebble battery like 10.3.1, but I haven't had a chance to try it.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:22 PM
    Which os do you have on your passport? If you have loaded 10.3.1, you will probably have very poor battery life on your pebble. Not sure about 10.3, but on 10.2.1, with my z30, I had at least 4-5 days of battery on my pebble, but I went straight from 10.3.1, and my pebble now has to be recharged every night. Apparently 10.3 doesn't kill the pebble battery like 10.3.1, but I haven't had a chance to try it.

Posted via CB10
    Confirmed. 10.3.1 appears to provide noticeably poorer battery life.
    12-26-14 08:46 PM
    10.3.0 on passport and Z10, no battery drain issues. Not happy to hear about 10.3.1.

Pebble works great with T2W pro and callerWatch. SWC also.

I can control my philips hue lights with watch

I can get notifications for sports (or anything!) using IFTTT.COM

Passport on ATT
    12-26-14 09:48 PM
    How are you controlling your HUE from Pebble did you create a script?

10.3.0 on passport and Z10, no battery drain issues. Not happy to hear about 10.3.1.

Pebble works great with T2W pro and callerWatch. SWC also.

I can control my philips hue lights with watch

I can get notifications for sports (or anything!) using IFTTT.COM

Passport on ATT
    12-26-14 10:48 PM
    To elaborate on Cajunberry, yes you need to install the Android Pebble app to get the watchfaces onto your Pebble. While there are many watchfaces that display the weather, only the ones listed in T2W Pro will work.

Close T2W Pro, open the Pebble app and connect it to your watch. Once connected, you can use the app to explore all the different watchfaces and apps available. If an app or watchface doesn't require a data connection you can also use it with T2W Pro. Download and install the desired watchfaces and apps from the Android Pebble app to your Pebble. Once you're done with this, disconnect your Pebble from the Pebble app and close the app. Open up T2W Pro and connect it to your watch. You can now use the pre determined weather watchfaces.

I've found that on occasion (I think it depends on either the watch OS or the phones OS), the Android Pebble app will constantly try to reconnect to your watch. In this case, I've just uninstalled the app. The .apk is saved on the phone, so if you need to reinstall it, it's a folder away.

And yes, CallerWatch is headless so you can close it and it will continue to run in the background. Unfortunately, until 10.3.1 is available to the masses, the dev has decided not to release the headless version of T2W Pro. So that app has to remain open.

Hope some of this helps.

Posted via CB10
    It does cause slight batt drain so the headless version would be ace.

12-27-14 09:22 AM
125 123 ...