Hey,

Got my Blackberry Passport in a few days ago and I'm loving the device.

One problem though. The phone wont let me add any payment options through the settings or through the app store. The payment options page either crashes or I get through to the end of putting either my credit card details or paypal details and it errors when I try to verify. I thought it might have just been down at the time but its been days and I've been trying a few times a day and still no luck. Because of this I cant purchase any apps which sucks.

Please help!
    11-13-14 08:54 PM
    Same here.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:06 PM
    I can enter the info for my CC no problem, but I can't purchase apps or stickers either. Keeps telling me to use a different payment option. It's also doing this on my Z30.
    11-14-14 03:06 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Me too since I got it... deleted and re entered cc info.. yet still does not work.. did before on older bbs...

Wonder if it has anything to do with fact I am in japan, and cc registered to my Toronto address?

So can't buy anything on BlackBerry World....

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 03:10 AM
    i cant even put my credit card info in, just keeps erroring or crashing.
    11-14-14 03:25 AM
    Must be a temporary bug with the payment system.
    I've already bought apps for my Passport without any problem.
    But yesterday I tried to buy one and I had the same message.
    11-14-14 03:25 AM
    I've successfully put my credit card details in but still cant do the paypal details, must just be a temp bug.
    11-14-14 09:26 PM
    Same here, can't purchase anything, since I moved on to a Passport, although identical CC data worked in the past, over several years, on several different BB7/10 devices.
    Checked CC data several times, they are correct. Also my CC was not locked nor invalidated, as I've been using it w/o problems on a daily basis.
    I also deleted and re-entered my CC data, and of course reestablished it as standard payment method, Still not working.

BB world keeps on telling me that there is a problem processing my purchase, and that they want me to choose a different payment option. I'm not going to do that.

They better fix that quickly. Losing business every minute.
    11-15-14 07:29 AM
    The PayPal option isn't working on my passport in BlackBerry world but my bank card option is????

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 07:41 AM
    I had the same Problem. The Solution is: go to the Main Homepage for BlackBerry World over your Computer (not your BlackBerry), sign in and update your PayPal Account. Then it should work.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:00 AM
    I tried to buy some apps through BlackBerry World, it didn't take the bill through carrier option.

I didn't try the CC though.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-15-14 08:02 AM
    I had the same Problem. The Solution is: go to the Main Homepage for BlackBerry World over your Computer (not your BlackBerry), sign in and update your PayPal Account. Then it should work.

Posted via CB10
    Just fyi I tried to update my cc information on the computer and itstill doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:28 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Same here, can't purchase anything, since I moved on to a Passport, although identical CC data worked in the past, over several years, on several different BB7/10 devices.
    Checked CC data several times, they are correct. Also my CC was not locked nor invalidated, as I've been using it w/o problems on a daily basis.
    I also deleted and re-entered my CC data, and of course reestablished it as standard payment method, Still not working.

BB world keeps on telling me that there is a problem processing my purchase, and that they want me to choose a different payment option. I'm not going to do that.

They better fix that quickly. Losing business every minute.
    I get same message...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:34 AM
    Just fyi I tried to update my cc information on the computer and itstill doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    Try to delete all Informationen/Accounts (PayPal, CC) on your BlackBerry before your try to update on the Homepage.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:34 AM
    This seems to be a new issue. It had been working fine on my Passport before and now I can't seem to get any payments to go through. Both in BBM and BBWorld. Tried deleting and resetting. Tried doing the same from the computer. Seems to be some sort of bug. It used to always give the option of paying through credit card or carrier, now the carrier option is missing. I hope BlackBerry fixes this soon.
    Also, tried the same on my Z10 linked to the same BBID, same result.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-15-14 09:29 PM
    SoI got responses from BB via Twitter which came as a surprise.
    They asked good questions on the nature of the problem, and wanted to know the exact wording of the message etc. So I started feeling optimistic that this will be resolved. I even pointed them to this thread, to indicate that I'm not the only one experiencing problems.

While waiting for BB to come back to me, I tried to change payment method from CC to PayPal. Same problem! No purchase possible.

Then BB came back, telling me TO CONTACT MY PROVIDER !?!?!?
    I told them that this is not the provider's fault, as my CC and PayPal works in ALL other cases (online, in the web, as well as in real shops, taxis, etc.), with no exception. Except on my Passport. And it worked on ALL my previous BB10 & 7 phones, with identical and unchanged CC & PayPal data.

Being frustrated, I already started to consider alternative platforms - what would I do with a product that I cannot buy any add ons or extensions for?

Then I went back to app world through a PC, not on the phone, and updated my CC data and saved it. To be clear, I entered the same data that was stored there and that was untouched since years, and that never created a problem. And, as I said before, I did that already a couple of days before, to update all data on the PC, with no success.

And suddenly it worked. Of course I'm happy about that. But I am frustrated over the BB support experience, first asking promising questions, but then ending up in the usual escape "contact your provider", when there was clearly no issue on the provider's end.
    11-17-14 06:31 PM
    Mine is finally working again, after almost a week.
    11-17-14 06:59 PM
    I swear the payment options never worked for me for weeks and all the sudden today, I was able to purchase an app through via cell provider billing option. I don't know what they did, but I'm glad that it is working.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    11-17-14 07:56 PM
    Seems to work again. Hooray!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-17-14 08:39 PM
    Doesn't work for me. I deleted my PP acount off my phone and now I can't even add it back on. Not a happy camper.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 12:18 PM
    My experience,

I had all the above what my solution ended up being,

Go on your pc and delete re-input your account billing info, credit card still doesn't work but you can connect to PayPal via a pc which then allowed me to purchase apps on the passport via PayPal option, if I tried setting up PayPal option via the phone it would always give me errors. I also reset me password before the setup.

BlackBerry seems to be picky on credit card types. Doesn't want prepaid or debit visa's from my experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 12:30 PM
    I don't know what I'm doing right but I have no problem paying for apps in BW with PayPal. I just did it the other day.

Now I had all my payment options set up on my Q10 and used Device Switch when I got my Passport.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-18-14 12:46 PM
    It worked. Went into pay pal account and changed password. Then I could get it to work as a payment option on my passport

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 03:29 PM