The voice assistant on the Passport is BlackBerry's attempt to match the Siri functionality of the iPhone with a similar voice-control feature.

The catch with BlackBerry's voice assistant however is it won't have a name. BlackBerry will give the owner the option to name her whatever they want. Pretty cool I think

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 03:46 AM
    Moved to passport section and here are some of the suggested names

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-name-923662/

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-18-14 04:00 AM
    Source for that information, OP ?

I'll name mine "Annihilation Commencing" and whenever I speak to him I'll scream it all loud in the subway for example so everyone can turn to me with the face "what's wrong with this guy" so they'll think I'm someone nuts but then they'll spot the sexy beast in my hand and immediately obey me...or at least ask themselves "wtf is that sex beast in this sexy guy's sexy hand, oh my sexy God!" and then ask me about it so I'll promote BB like that and get myself some chicks yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <puts glasses on>
    08-18-14 09:04 AM
    Whatever happened to Project V1CK1? I thought that was a BlackBerry thing.
    08-18-14 09:52 AM
    Sorry no source :0(

But I still think it's a great idea!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 08:09 AM
    Yea, I like it too...some people might find Siri really cool as a name but to me it sounds ********. So it could be awesome if they let us name the assistant -for example they can give you an option to rename it once....after that you need to pay something like 30-40 euro in order to rename it so it won't become a fiasco...something like a "tamagochi" which you rename every day lol
    08-19-14 08:38 AM
    every guy wishes to someday be important enough to have a personal assistant. Now we all can! I'll call mine samantha lol

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 11:26 AM
    umm isn't it just 10.3.1 VA and not PASSPORT VA. Just saying it is not specific to the device.
    08-19-14 11:49 AM
    Source for that information, OP ?

I'll name mine "Annihilation Commencing" and whenever I speak to him I'll scream it all loud in the subway for example so everyone can turn to me with the face "what's wrong with this guy" so they'll think I'm someone nuts but then they'll spot the sexy beast in my hand and immediately obey me...or at least ask themselves "wtf is that sex beast in this sexy guy's sexy hand, oh my sexy God!" and then ask me about it so I'll promote BB like that and get myself some chicks yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <puts glasses on>
    OR you'll have your neck snapped, by someone who's less amused by threats of violence being shouted in public.
    08-19-14 12:01 PM
    OR you'll have your neck snapped, by someone who's less amused by threats of violence being shouted in public.
    And then I'll sue him and pretend as I'm crazy in the court and have that documented just because I can and actually get lots of money out of the broke and low intelligent ******* because you must be a ****** to deal with violence before actually talking to someone first ?
    08-19-14 01:08 PM
    "Violence First" is sort of a human tradition. A couple thousand years' of history confirms this.
    08-19-14 03:01 PM
    "Violence First" is sort of a human tradition. A couple thousand years' of history confirms this.
    Yes and that's how a low intelligent human individuals act, so ? What's your point Rambo47 ?
    08-21-14 10:21 AM
    Rambo!? Now that's a good name for a blackberry assistant!!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:00 AM
    Rambo!? Now that's a good name for a blackberry assistant!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm gonna call mine Vicki. That way I can do my best Stallone: "Yo, Vic!"
    08-22-14 01:14 PM