Is the Passport's screen the smoothest thing you've ever swiped your fingers across?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:03 AM
    Is the Passport's screen the smoothest thing you've ever swiped your fingers across?

Posted via CB10
    Yup. That's why I finally left my Note 4 yesterday and picked this up. I knew it would be. The Note has a lot going for it but I was starting to get the urge to revisit BB (been a long time) and this is the device that finally made me pull the trigger. Very happy so far. The OS is just nice and smooth.
    03-12-15 10:44 AM
    It's to bad I guess because the Note is an excellent device but most of know that almost every other OS will be smoother simply because it's so tied down and controlled. Not always the greatest but it does give you a better experience. I've always liked BB but they allowed themselves to get to far behind. FINALLY a device worthy of them. And I soooo missed that WONDERFUL LED.
    Patrick Pierobon likes this.
    03-12-15 01:44 PM
    I wonder if the gorilla glass is treated to an oleophobic layer ...it seems to pick up a little dust which I swipe off, but doesn't seem to acquire fingerprints hardly at all...
    03-12-15 02:17 PM
    Holy Moly!!!

I've had the my Passport for about 6 weeks now, and it's only now that I removed the on stock screen protector because my ordered screen protector just arrived today.

The Passport's screen is soooo smooth!!! It's very good to the touch! Wow! I wish it will still be this smooth even after applying my new screen protector.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    thymaster likes this.
    03-13-15 12:09 AM
    It's so smooth that I decided to take a risk and not put on a screen protector. It's 5 months now and still no signs of scratches.
    thedose likes this.
    03-13-15 12:23 AM
    Ya, I've had a screen protector on for months...really bugging me. It's kind of thick and grippy, so it's cramping my swiping style. Also because it's slightly smaller, doesn't reach all the way to the edges of the glass, the lower edge has a snag hazard...thumbs keep tripping on lower edge upswipes.

It's got to go....

This Passport takes me places!
    03-13-15 12:28 AM
    It's so smooth that I decided to take a risk and not put on a screen protector. It's 5 months now and still no signs of scratches.
    That's good to hear! Do you have a flip case which protects the screen from easily getting scratched? Do you put your phone in pants pockets?

03-13-15 01:14 AM
    Good question. Plain in my pocket where the keys and coins sit with it.

That's good to hear! Do you have a flip case which protects the screen from easily getting scratched? Do you put your phone in pants pockets?

mbamd and thedose like this.
    03-13-15 04:16 AM
    Get a stilgut case or live with the regret soon...
    Good question. Plain in my pocket where the keys and coins sit with it.
    03-13-15 04:32 AM
    Is it really that smooth? I haven't tried yet. Applied a antireflex foil in the moment I got it. Fells awesome. Maybe I should give the gorilla glass a try. Is the glass antireflex?
    03-13-15 05:35 AM
    Is it really that smooth? I haven't tried yet. Applied a antireflex foil in the moment I got it. Fells awesome. Maybe I should give the gorilla glass a try. Is the glass antireflex?
    I never use screen protectors any more. I never scratch my screen either but I'm also more careful than most everyone else. I just think you really have to be trying to scratch this screen. Take proper precautions and it should be fine.
    thedose likes this.
    03-13-15 07:13 AM
    Holy Moly!!!

I've had the my Passport for about 6 weeks now, and it's only now that I removed the on stock screen protector because my ordered screen protector just arrived today.

The Passport's screen is soooo smooth!!! It's very good to the touch! Wow! I wish it will still be this smooth even after applying my new screen protector.
    (from10.3.0.1418)
    It wont.

I stopped using screen protectors because of how smooth and silky feeling the screen is. After doing countless research on GG3, I decided to go all naked and did not regret one second of it! Fingerprints are non-existant, swiping up is not interrupted by an annoying strip at the bottom (where the screen protector would begin) it is all one fluid motion from the top of keyboard (where the steel divider meets the screen) up.

Not to mention the fact that IT IS GG3, and has been tested to withstand scratches etc.... Plus the fact that I use a leather pouch (that covers my entire screen when not in use), so it's not like my phone sits around in my pocket or bag "collecting those miniscule particles of pocket sand that completely destroy GG3" as most hardcore screen protector addicts argue.

I highly recommend it. The screen is that good
    03-13-15 08:06 AM
    No screen protector here either!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 08:14 AM
    It wont.

I stopped using screen protectors because of how smooth and silky feeling the screen is. After doing countless research on GG3, I decided to go all naked and did not regret one second of it! Fingerprints are non-existant, swiping up is not interrupted by an annoying strip at the bottom (where the screen protector would begin) it is all one fluid motion from the top of keyboard (where the steel divider meets the screen) up.

Not to mention the fact that IT IS GG3, and has been tested to withstand scratches etc.... Plus the fact that I use a leather pouch (that covers my entire screen when not in use), so it's not like my phone sits around in my pocket or bag "collecting those miniscule particles of pocket sand that completely destroy GG3" as most hardcore screen protector addicts argue.

I highly recommend it. The screen is that good
    Yeah! You're actually right. Because I experienced how smooth to touch the naked screen is, I actually forego of putting on my newly ordered screen protector. It will just stay for a moment in the drawer while I enjoy this thing! I'm actually careful with my phones. I also have a pouch for the Passport and put it inside my purse (never in the pocket, it doesn't fit anyway in ladies' pants or skirts).

Loving the Passport every single day!

thedose likes this.
    03-13-15 08:14 AM
    I don't think I would say it is the smoothest thing I've swiped my fingers across... but, yes it is very smooth. I've also noticed it is rather resistant to fingerprints and whatnot. It's a big difference from my Z10. I would find myself wiping off the Z10 screen just about every time I used it. I rarely have to wipe off my Passport screen.

I have never used a case or screen protector and have never had a problem. It's almost a tragedy to use a screen protector on the Passport. My fingers deserve the pleasure of touching this beautiful screen.
    thedose likes this.
    03-13-15 03:06 PM