Helalzone (I do believe that's how s/he spelled it) has made a thread on the same topic directed towards the Indian audience. Here, i'll invite the Pakistani passport users to announce their existence. Given that BlackBerry is officially available in India, I do expect heavy traffic in Helal's thread and viceversa over here which makes this more interesting. I want the niche here in Pakistan to come out. We can share important information such as accessories availability, networks and an overall conclusions of our experiences of this magnificent monster of a machine.
    Details like City, Color (I truly doubt if we have a red passport here) and Network would do. Anything more; better!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 05:37 AM
    Helalzone (I do believe that's how s/he spelled it) has made a thread on the same topic directed towards the Indian audience. Here, i'll invite the Pakistani passport users to announce their existence. Given that BlackBerry is officially available in India, I do expect heavy traffic in Helal's thread and viceversa over here which makes this more interesting. I want the niche here in Pakistan to come out. We can share important information such as accessories availability, networks and an overall conclusions of our experiences of this magnificent monster of a machine.
    Details like City, Color (I truly doubt if we have a red passport here) and Network would do. Anything more; better!

Posted via CB10
    I would love to see this thread grow more than I expect mine to grow, actually the thing entered you a bit wrongly, I was interested in BlackBerry Passport more than it's in Pakistan or in India? Anyway good luck!
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Black Passport
    Carrier- Airtel
    Location- your most loved neighbour

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 06:49 AM
    Hello my most loved neighbour!

I'm sorry if I got it wrong. That said, I am infact interested in first, the number and then the community. We BlackBerry users of Pakistan are a lonely bunch so why not console the lot with each others existence.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:25 PM
    Hello my most loved neighbour!

I'm sorry if I got it wrong. That said, I am infact interested in first, the number and then the community. We BlackBerry users of Pakistan are a lonely bunch so why not console the lot with each others existence.

Posted via CB10
    Sure

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 01:28 PM
    I heard BlackBerry Passport is extremely hard to find in Pakistan, and when you do it is very expensive.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 01:39 PM
    Where can I get a White Passport with Arabic keyboard and a proper warranty in Karachi? I am || close to asking one of my family members/friends across the border to get one for me, although I doubt the Indian market has a device w/ an Arabic keyboard.

I have already asked The Forum - they're nincompoops. Besides, my cases and accessories stop for mobile phones is usually aliexpress as I do not like the local open markets. I have seen some fantastic Passport cases there.

Quite a rant... carry on ๐Ÿ˜›
    04-13-15 04:06 PM
    I am a Pakistani with Passport however am in Australia. I guess I don't count.
    I would like to see the thread grow too.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-14-15 02:11 AM
    Where can I get a White Passport with Arabic keyboard and a proper warranty in Karachi? I am || close to asking one of my family members/friends across the border to get one for me, although I doubt the Indian market has a device w/ an Arabic keyboard.
    Why does an Arabic Keyboard needed? If it's for Urdu, then I don't think it's supported. I cannot see the language available.

If they can implement something like SwiftKey, where each letter is derived by the corresponding English letter, it makes typing without the Arabic letter markings on the keyboard.

04-14-15 02:14 AM
    Why does an Arabic Keyboard needed? If it's for Urdu, then I don't think it's supported. I cannot see the language available.

If they can implement something like SwiftKey, where each letter is derived by the corresponding English letter, it makes typing without the Arabic letter markings on the keyboard.

I don't know what you said but I am pretty sure I meant the Arabic keyboard :P

I use Silent Keys for Urdu, if required. It will be supported in 10.3.2, btw.
    04-14-15 11:03 AM
    I don't know what you said but I am pretty sure I meant the Arabic keyboard :P

I use Silent Keys for Urdu, if required. It will be supported in 10.3.2, btw.
    Wow thats an awesome find @SilentKeys. I'll look forward for 10.3.2 as sometimes it's fun to type in Urdu.

04-14-15 04:57 PM
    Wow thats an awesome find @SilentKeys. I'll look forward for 10.3.2 as sometimes it's fun to type in Urdu.

Dev's courtesy to follow up to my request for an Urdu keyboard within a week makes me recommend his app everywhere!

Indeeeed it is fun to type, just that I end up taking more time than English and Arabic lol
    04-14-15 06:37 PM
    Dev's courtesy to follow up to my request for an Urdu keyboard within a week makes me recommend his app everywhere!

Indeeeed it is fun to type, just that I end up taking more time than English and Arabic lol
    Lol. I actually saw your review there too.
    I don't know Arabic but spending good 7 years of my life in Pakistan made me read and write Urdu. It's handy at times.

I think I'll buy the app since the dev seems good. Also looking forward for 10.3.2.

04-14-15 10:27 PM

I have already asked The Forum - they're nincompoops. Besides, my cases and accessories stop for mobile phones is usually aliexpress as I do not like the local open markets. I have seen some fantastic Passport cases there.

Quite a rant... carry on ๐Ÿ˜›
    Warranties are rare with BBs so I doubt you'll get one. Also, I am not a fan of the yellow Arabic numerals. Why are those so important to you? I understand text messages but what about emails, facebook posts, tweets, instagram hashtags etc etc. Do you do all of them in Urdu?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:22 PM
    I heard BlackBerry Passport is extremely hard to find in Pakistan, and when you do it is very expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Attaturk,
    Yes they are hard to find but they are not very expensive. The same price as Shop BlackBerry, something around $500 for new.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:23 PM
    Warranties are rare with BBs so I doubt you'll get one.
    Not necessarily. I got one for my Q5 and Z10 from The Forum (Karachi) soo...

Also, I am not a fan of the yellow Arabic numerals.
    Goood for you, bruh ๐Ÿ‘

Why are those so important to you?
    Because?

I understand text messages but what about emails, facebook posts, tweets, instagram hashtags etc etc. Do you do all of them in Urdu?
    Actually, I don't think you understood any of it as I clearly mentioned Arabic, not Urdu :P

Neehoo, anyone who knows the answers to my un-achievable quest can chime in neetime! You Passport owners can go ahead and unite lolol
    04-15-15 12:50 PM
    Not necessarily. I got one for my Q5 and Z10 from The Forum (Karachi) soo...

Goood for you, bruh ๐Ÿ‘

Because?

Actually, I don't think you understood any of it as I clearly mentioned Arabic, not Urdu :P

Neehoo, anyone who knows the answers to my un-achievable quest can chime in neetime! You Passport owners can go ahead and unite lolol
    I was mobile hunting just yesterday and like I said, warranties tend to be rare especially in the case of newer sets like Passport. The warranty claims depend on how much in demand certain sets are so that the insurers can earn on the sale.

That said, I was simply asking what you wanted with an Arabic keypad. I was intrigued. Why is that a bad thing?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 01:23 PM

Yes the guy is nice. I had a chat with him and recommended him to change the layout of the keyboard. Sent him some screens from SwiftKey, which I think nailed the layout.

He said he has already pushed one layout. I hope he gets this updated soon. The Urdu keyboard, unlike Urdu one, goes with the QWERTY alphabets. So each being pronounced accordingly.

For eg
    Q becomes ู‚ and k becomes ฺฉ

This becomes quite intuitive and quicker to type.

Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    04-20-15 07:04 AM