Yes, it is according to a few of my sources. Here is one: RIM BlackBerry Passport LTE-A SQW100-1 / Q30 (RIM Windermere) Detailed Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

Please inform us who manufactures the Passport and site your source so that you may re-edumucate us.
    I'm pretty sure that 'source' is wrong. No physical keyboard devices are being manufactured by Foxconn because that's not what they are tooled for. Unfortunately I can't find any more legitimate source to counter your source (found some articles like this one, but nothing official), so you can continue believing what you want.
    02-17-15 05:47 PM
    I found the spacebar on my black ones didn't feel like the rest and almost felt worn out but on the red one everything is perfect! So glad I don't have that spacebar issue again! Oh and no light bleed either!

Edit-lots of light bleed noticed this morning in bed looking at it about 1.5' away. Almost around every key. I believe that is why my unit was returned the first time. I hope there aren't any other issues.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 02-18-15 at 07:11 AM.
    02-17-15 06:08 PM
    @AnimalPak 200: That source you cited and this Bloomberg article has me guessing the Passport is made by Foxconn: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ales-plunge-1-

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 06:52 PM
    PS: no keyboard problems for me (knock on wood)!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 06:54 PM
    02-17-15 07:12 PM
    I'm pretty sure that 'source' is wrong. No physical keyboard devices are being manufactured by Foxconn because that's not what they are tooled for. Unfortunately I can't find any more legitimate source to counter your source (found some articles like this one, but nothing official), so you can continue believing what you want.
    Another supporting source: Blackberry Passport to drop in September - GSMArena.com news

A conflicting source (but when isn't NYT conflicted? More like afflicted.): http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/te...hone.html?_r=0

Either way, I plan on jumping carriers and getting one from AT&T Friday. I don't give a crap where they are made...Mexico, Taiwan or Canada. If my keyboard or any other hardware component has issues I will have them replace it as many times as it takes until I am satisfied I have a solidly built set.
    02-17-15 07:39 PM
    I wonder if ambiguity was Blackberry's goal because of the potential negative perception of weakness or scaling back by no longer making their own devices? With such weak marketing, the last thing Blackberry needs is another "Is Blackberry finished?" article pointing out they did, but no longer do make their handsets...so they must be dying.
    02-17-15 07:49 PM
32 12