Well, Ever though I love the craftsmanship and feel of my Passport it's just gotten too limiting for me. I was spared browser issues until a few days ago. Now I'm getting browser crashes and the websites I use the most have been updated so that they just don't look and run well on it anymore. What a shame.

And with Whatapp support going bye bye and having to switch to too many alternate apps cuz the one's I like aren't available I'm jumping back into the Android pool. I have a Xiaomi Mi 4 coming tomorrow and I can't wait.

I'm sure I'm pull the Passport out of the drawer again for nostalgia sake but I can't help but feel that it will be even worse when I do.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    06-15-17 09:06 AM
    Lol, gotta love these announcement threads.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 and RoseBud68 like this.
    06-15-17 11:03 AM
    It's the opposite for me. Just got my passport and I'm loving it. So touche'.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-15-17 07:43 PM
    It's the opposite for me. Just got my passport and I'm loving it. So touche'.

Posted via CB10
    Cheers! Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 11:26 PM
    It is sad but I know what you mean. I have my Passport still and I use an iphone7 for daily
    use. I just cannot get used to an android ...... yet
    06-15-17 11:41 PM
    It is sad but I know what you mean. I have my Passport still and I use an iphone7 for daily
    use. I just cannot get used to an android ...... yet
    That's pretty much the set up that I have going. Passport/Classic alongside iPad/iPhone

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    Bonnie Bonzai and Ralph V like this.
    06-16-17 08:43 PM
    Bought a priv, moved all battery consuming applications there and.. switched back to passport, priv is now my second phone for travel.
    06-17-17 09:57 AM
    Bought a priv, moved all battery consuming applications there and.. switched back to passport, priv is now my second phone for travel.
    I couldn't get used to the Priv at all. It had its moments where it shined, but overall I hated it.

arkenoi likes this.
    06-17-17 04:44 PM
    06-17-17 05:04 PM
    I'm waiting the post when passport get out from the drawer.

Posted via CB10
    arkenoi likes this.
    06-18-17 03:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lmao very true.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 05:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 12:15 AM
    Lol, gotta love these announcement threads.

Posted via CB10
    Lol right? When I read the titles, I always imagine the trumpets sounding like on the cartoons when the king is making an appearance. If your not happy with the Passport, find something that suits you. No need for the big announcement.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 03:02 PM
    Same here, I just acquired a Oneplus 3T and I don't like Android but have to say that the compatibility and ecosystem is a breath of fresh air.
    I keep trying to go back to my Passport to fix things and justify going back to it cause the keyboard on it is astounding. I just love using my Passport but I found that load times on Web pages or cloud services were a bit longer than I would have liked and truly realized the speed difference after my upgrade. I went to a website to make a purchase and unfortunately I could not click the add to cart button. It just would not let me.
    When certain apps break for whatever reason the Dev's have abandoned BB10 and we are left looking for workarounds.

It is things like this that piled up to a point where I decided to give the Droid thing a go.

I truly wish Blackberry or anyone for that matter could make BB10 breath fire again. If the browser was upgraded and updated completely I could give it another go. The Passport is by far the best phone I ever owned.

BTW. I think I'll have to change my name.......
    06-24-17 04:32 PM
    Same here, I just acquired a Oneplus 3T and I don't like Android but have to say that the compatibility and ecosystem is a breath of fresh air.
    I keep trying to go back to my Passport to fix things and justify going back to it cause the keyboard on it is astounding. I just love using my Passport but I found that load times on Web pages or cloud services were a bit longer than I would have liked and truly realized the speed difference after my upgrade. I went to a website to make a purchase and unfortunately I could not click the add to cart button. It just would not let me.
    When certain apps break for whatever reason the Dev's have abandoned BB10 and we are left looking for workarounds.

It is things like this that piled up to a point where I decided to give the Droid thing a go.

I truly wish Blackberry or anyone for that matter could make BB10 breath fire again. If the browser was upgraded and updated completely I could give it another go. The Passport is by far the best phone I ever owned.

BTW. I think I'll have to change my name.......
    OnePeeThreeTee....
    06-24-17 04:45 PM
  16. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    i think nice device... yeah, PP SE
    06-25-17 01:49 AM
    Well said

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 02:59 AM
    Well, Ever though I love the craftsmanship and feel of my Passport it's just gotten too limiting for me. I was spared browser issues until a few days ago. Now I'm getting browser crashes and the websites I use the most have been updated so that they just don't look and run well on it anymore. What a shame.

And with Whatapp support going bye bye and having to switch to too many alternate apps cuz the one's I like aren't available I'm jumping back into the Android pool. I have a Xiaomi Mi 4 coming tomorrow and I can't wait.

I'm sure I'm pull the Passport out of the drawer again for nostalgia sake but I can't help but feel that it will be even worse when I do.
    It's normal Passport is coming up on 4 years old. I have my SE which use for and yes crashes! But daily driver PRIV and on the way soon what else?...
    KEYONE!
    06-25-17 03:08 AM
    I know how you feel. My Passport was great while BB10 and Android worked together. Put my PP in the draw and bought a Priv. Hated the keyboard and now on the KeyOne. Overall KO is fine. Sold both PP and Priv.
    06-25-17 03:30 AM
    06-25-17 08:34 AM
    coming up on 4 years old
    You mean coming up on 3 years old.
    06-25-17 08:35 AM
    You mean coming up on 3 years old.
    June 2014, Chen publicly teased two of the company's upcoming models, the BlackBerry Passport—a smartphone with a square display, along with a successor to the Q10 known as the BlackBerry Classic.

So going on 4 years...either way for tech 1.5 yrs old is extinct.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 08:57 AM
    June 2014, Chen publicly teased two of the company's upcoming models, the BlackBerry Passport—a smartphone with a square display, along with a successor to the Q10 known as the BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport was released October 2014. I could "tease" that I am building a starship tomorrow but until it is available.............
    06-25-17 09:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Public school math?
    06-25-17 11:21 AM
    Public school math?
    I went to public school and knew that was wrong lol

06-25-17 09:13 PM
41 12