So I have had the ppse for about two weeks now and I absolutely love it. The battery lasts me about 24 -26 hours of moderate use and thats fine by me. But here is what I have noticed:

When the phone's screen is off, the decay is almost minimal, even if I am on a phonecall. Even a bbm call on cellular data, if the screen is off, the decay is negligible.

Trouble starts when the screen is on. I have my screen brightness set at around 40%. But the decay is about 1% per ten minutes or less. Maybe even a percent every five minutes. That is troubling. I have now developed a phobia that I shouldnt actively be doing something on the phone like a long post (such as this one) or reading a long form article or playing a simple game like brickbreaker. The display just eats battery away like candy.

Is this normal? Or should I change something? I have no android apps installed and no headless BlackBerry apps as well. No facebook, too! Just an email and a twitter account.

Any help is appreciated thanks in advance!
    03-06-17 09:18 PM
    3-1/2 to 6 hours screen time is normal. Maybe a little more if your not doing anything other than looking at the home screen or app screens.
    YeemanBB likes this.
    03-06-17 09:35 PM
    1% every ten minutes isn't really that bad? If you break it down that's only 6% an hour which would give you a crapload of screen on time? I might be missing something but that's pretty standard.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 09:59 PM
    Doesn't sound highly unusual...the PP has a lot of screen real estate so the display will eat some battery. Pay attention to other factors such as apps (Android apps in particular) that keep running or opening up their "sister" apps even after you exit them, running down your battery. On those days when I have 3-4 hours screen-on time I expect the battery to be run down under 50% or so and I'm fine with that, considering that on my previous Android phone (HTC One) 3-4 hours display time would run my battery into "reduced power" mode
    03-06-17 10:43 PM
    Thanks guys. Yes so about 3 to 6 hours of screen time is what I am getting in general depending on what im doing with the screen on. I do NOT have any android apps or headless stuff going on so thats nice :-)

Glad to know im doing alright. Thanks everyone for chipping in!

Cheers!
    03-07-17 03:39 AM
    I just measured this. So I am getting a decay of about four to five minutes per percent while reading email and watching short video clips using cellular connection. That should add up to around four hours of screen time. Give or take before battery saver kicks in. So does that sound about right? Four minutes per percent?
    03-07-17 01:13 PM
    I just measured this. So I am getting a decay of about four to five minutes per percent while reading email and watching short video clips using cellular connection. That should add up to around four hours of screen time. Give or take before battery saver kicks in. So does that sound about right? Four minutes per percent?
    Seems within normal usage. I notice that when I do a little brainless gaming to pass some free time, it drains much faster.

Posted via CB10
    santoshwins likes this.
    03-07-17 01:37 PM