I have both of my phones here side by side on the same WiFi, my Z30 shows 1-2 bars, while Passport shows 3 bars consistently.

I thought their antennas are the same. No?

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-21-14 05:46 PM
    Same hardware doesn't mean the physical design is the same. I'm guessing it's better implemented into the frame of the Passport.
    10-21-14 05:47 PM
    Same hardware doesn't mean the physical design is the same. I'm guessing it's better implemented into the frame of the Passport.
    Great! Didn't expect upgrade in this area. :

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:46 PM
    John Chen Said today that part of the redesign or innovation was to amp the antenna. He said the whole frame of the passport is actually acting as the antenna. Where Paratek tech comes into that...i dont know.
    10-21-14 07:52 PM
    yeap, i believe Paratek did their thing on the Passport's antenna. i've tried to compare the wifi reception head to head and most of the time, PP wins by far with a wider & more stable wifi connection (yeah some hiccups are there but just sometimes, toggling off/on will cure)

BUT.. just a quick question here. is there anyone of you guys experiencing any issues if your PP loses signal then when the data network comes back, it takes quite a while to get it connected to the BB network (the BB logo to appear besides the signal bar)? or is it just some issues with the carrier i'm using? as i've been experiencing this for a week now, nothing i can do except to refresh the mobile network once a day (at least) then it's back to normal (yes, my carrier admitted they're having incremental network upgrades recently.. that's why it's a bit biased to see which one is the culprit, is it my phone, or is it the carrier..)
    12-03-14 09:24 PM
    It works really well. I was wondering why the Passport was downloading things so fast. The wifi is really working well

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:35 AM
    I have the opposite experience... I had a Z30 where I was getting reception in a dead spot and now with the PP I need to look for the signal... however I am not sure if the problem is the phone or radio software...

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 04:05 PM