I've upgraded to a BB Passport from BB Z10 and was wondering if the USB Cable / charger that came with both phones can be interchangable?

I still use my Z10 on another cellphone network and also bought an extra usb cable with charger way back for it, right now I only use the supplied cable charger to my passport, was thinking of leaving one in the office, one at home and another in my car to use on either but not sure if the one's that I got for Z10 can be used for the Passport?

Oh and I also have a powerbank with input of 5V/1A output of 5V/2.1A can I use this on the Passport? I've read in the specs that the Passport cable is 3V so not sure if there would be a problem..

Thanks for the help..
    06-04-15 01:43 AM
    I've upgraded to a BB Passport from BB Z10 and was wondering if the USB Cable / charger that came with both phones can be interchangable?

I still use my Z10 on another cellphone network and also bought an extra usb cable with charger way back for it, right now I only use the supplied cable charger to my passport, was thinking of leaving one in the office, one at home and another in my car to use on either but not sure if the one's that I got for Z10 can be used for the Passport?

Oh and I also have a powerbank with input of 5V/1A output of 5V/2.1A can I use this on the Passport? I've read in the specs that the Passport cable is 3V so not sure if there would be a problem..

Thanks for the help..
    I have used a client's Z10 charger (not sure what voltage it is, but she was a very early adopter of the Z10 in the UK) and it DOES charge my Passport, but no way as quickly as either 1) my official Passport charger, or 2) any of my PlayBook chargers.

I don't believe that there is any chance of damaging my Passport by using these (Z10 or other) chargers that have less 'oomph' - but I'm sure some bright techie person on CrackBerry will let us know if these other chargers have any deleterious effect....

Hope this helps!
    06-04-15 02:53 AM
    I have used a client's Z10 charger (not sure what voltage it is, but she was a very early adopter of the Z10 in the UK) and it DOES charge my Passport, but no way as quickly as either 1) my official Passport charger, or 2) any of my PlayBook chargers.

I don't believe that there is any chance of damaging my Passport by using these (Z10 or other) chargers that have less 'oomph' - but I'm sure some bright techie person on CrackBerry will let us know if these other chargers have any deleterious effect....

Hope this helps!
    The original USB charging blocks were of a lower amp. BlackBerry increased the amp of the charger cubes from the Z30 onward as they were bigger batteries in device. Don't use anything les than 750 amp in charging the passport, Z30, leap or classic.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    06-04-15 06:55 AM
    The original USB charging blocks were of a lower amp. BlackBerry increased the amp of the charger cubes from the Z30 onward as they were bigger batteries in device. Don't use anything les than 750 amp in charging the passport, Z30, leap or classic.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    Why not?

Is it because it is slow? Or does it do something harmful to the battery and/or phone?
    06-04-15 12:35 PM