Hello,

Yesterday I tried opening an e-mail on my BlackBerry Passport - the screen faded to a darker colour (as if it was going to open it), then returned to the hub. I tried to open it again and the same thing happened.

I refreshed the hub by swiping 5 times from the top right to the centre of the phone - I was still unable to open the e-mail, or any other e-mails I had read in the past.

I then restarted my phone, however when it was rebooting, here's what happens:

It displays the BlackBerry logo
    It shows the 'loading' screen (BB logo and the square loading bar around the logo)
    It gets to 100%, and that's it... nothing further happens

Occasionally, it automatically restarts the cycle, displays the logo and then begins loading to 100% again. It stays on 100% for hours, the phone gets extremely hot then this morning the battery had died on it.

I plugged in the charger, then minutes later the cycle started again.

I have tried powering off & on, holding both of the volume buttons and loads of other combinations, but the same issue persists. Interestingly, the phone doesn't seem able to actually fully power off. If I hold the power button down for 10 seconds, the screen goes black, a red light shows for around 2-3 seconds, and the restart process begins again. This happens regardless of how I shut the device down.

Ordinarilly I'd take the battery out of my Q10 if something like this happened and put it back in - obviously this isn't an option with the Passport.

Is there anything I can do? I tried to wipe it from Link, but it doesn't recognize the device is plugged in via USB.

This is literally 2 weeks old and I'm extremely frustrated that this is happening to such a new and 'necessary' device.

The device at the moment is out of battery, though if I charge it, it will go into a non-stop cycle or powering up, getting to 100% and either staying there until the battery dies, or it will restart itself and try again. Remember even if I power it off via the button, it doesn't actually turn off, it just restarts again. >.<

Thanks,
    Nathan
    10-30-14 04:54 AM
    Try download autoloader Nathan and press the power button when it said connecting to bootroom

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-30-14 04:58 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean? I can download an autoloader onto my computer, but am not experienced in what to actually do. The phone doesn't power on past the loading screen (so will your suggestion still work?) and I assume I'll lose all data if I attempt it and it works?
    10-30-14 05:02 AM
    Yes you will lose data if your reloading the os

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-30-14 05:08 AM
    Wipe your phone and see if that solves your issue, if it does then something in your data is corrupted and it's probably best to start fresh.

One thing I will say is that if you are restoring from a backup then do not load up settings as it causes more issues than necessary.

I had some issues after restoring from my Z30 backup, I wiped and started fresh and 4 weeks in...no issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 05:30 AM
    I can't wipe the device or reload the OS.
    10-30-14 06:01 AM
    I can't wipe the device or reload the OS.
    You can try to reload the OS regardless of whether right now it will boot or stuck in a loop. You will of course loose any and all data currently on the device, but right now you cant access that data anyways, so no huge deal.

Download an autoloader of whatever OS you choose, double click the autoloader file(a command prompt window opens), when it says "connecting to bootrom", press the power button. It should do its thing. IF it doesn't load and reboot after this, then you have a DOA device.
    10-30-14 06:08 AM
    As the Passport continuously loops and restarts, when should I do it? Should I hold the power to turn it off, then it auto attempts to restart. When should I power it down to auto restart?
    10-30-14 07:06 AM
    Can someone link me to the most recent publicly available BlackBerry 10 update? I don't want an unreleased developer one or anything, just the normal consumer one.
    10-30-14 07:56 AM
    Can someone link me to the most recent publicly available BlackBerry 10 update? I don't want an unreleased developer one or anything, just the normal consumer one.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...highlight=1418
    10-30-14 08:24 AM
    My Passport is 4 weeks old and I have exactly the same issue since yesterday evening. My Passport is stuck at the reboot screen at 100% but doesn't boot through. I did the 10.3.0.908 upgrade from 10.3.0.1418 over a week ago with no issues but could this upgrade be the culprit?
    11-17-14 12:34 PM
    My passport is about 4 weeks old and just got the same last night.
    did you Solve your problem Nathan?
    yesterday i took a video for the first time in my passport and after it the 4G went out so i restarted my phone and the loading wont pass 100%.
    i kept it till battery died and then after putting it in the charger again same problem.
    what was your solution if you found one.
    11-29-14 12:40 AM
    My Passport is 4 weeks old and I have exactly the same issue since yesterday evening. My Passport is stuck at the reboot screen at 100% but doesn't boot through. I did the 10.3.0.908 upgrade from 10.3.0.1418 over a week ago with no issues but could this upgrade be the culprit?
    My Passport is about 4-5 weeks old and I am having the same issue. I posted about it also. Cant use my Passport what so ever. Extremely Pissed....I use my BlackBerry for a lot of work issues and this has cost me.

Need help too!
    11-29-14 12:27 PM
    Hope you have a recent backup as it looks like you may have to reload the OS.

Assuming that the phone is detected by Link then you can reload the current OS from there.

Alternatively, you could always look on it as an excuse to load the latest 10.3.1 leak with an autoloader.
    11-29-14 12:38 PM
    Same exact issue over here... Any solution?!
    12-25-14 04:28 AM
    solved using autoloader and also got 10.3.1... its amazing!
    12-26-14 07:52 AM
    Unfortunately this problem seems to be gaining momentum in the wrong direction. Endless reboot cycle, no SIM card detection and Device Monitor not allowing for cpu or memory test all which leaves me to believe that we have a hardware bug on our hands here. Hope the folks at BlackBerry get a grip of this soon

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    12-27-14 08:48 PM
    Mine did this once as well, but only for about 15 minutes then it finally rebooted. I believe it recently downloaded 10.3.0.1418 it was .908 before. I have also been having intermittent reboots, when putting phone down, selecting camera icon, swiping to wake and pressing power button. Don't want :to load unofficial OS, so have contacted BlackBerry help on twitter...will keep you posted

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:59 PM
    I have noted a few problems that are clear indicators of something seriously wrong or is about to go wrong. 1st there was no cellular or mobile service (only WiFi) SIM selection from settings>security>SIM keeps saying SIM from unknown. When rebooting there's no message about securing and verifying BlackBerry 10 OS and the constant rebooting loop that follows of course.

12-28-14 02:09 AM
    Hmm. If I suffer something like that, I would return the device.. I would not want to take a risk and wondering whether I would suffer from the same problem in the future again.
    12-28-14 02:23 AM
    I've owned every single BlackBerry 10 device except for the P series and never had an issue so this is making me think twice about recommending the Passport to anyone.

12-29-14 07:22 AM
    Lol um in real wirld only thing more valuable than gold are weapons (saints)

BlackBerry is gold standard, just hold vol up vol down and forfet what these people say.

I just recommend z30 to people as most don't want a physical.

I used z10 q10 passport and about to see neighbors z30 so Idk no problems with restart.

--
    Lot of people mess around with their phones then cry bro.

Loading lots of android app, deleting all sorts of stuff.

I use my phone simole clean email, call, whatsapp, bbm no problems lose around 25% battery per day.

Hindustan Zindabad
    12-29-14 07:34 AM
    Yes I would swear by Z30 any day . I've fixed phones that were soaked in water and still working to this day but this passport issue is beyond me. Waiting to hear what BlackBerry has to say on this because I've gone as far as posting on their Facebook page as well as Twitter. These phones are expensive and customer service needs to be improved on their part. Can't even provide a phone number to call as much.

12-29-14 08:53 AM
    Download an autoloader. I had this problem on my Z10 and running an autoloader fixed it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-29-14 10:37 AM
    Download an autoloader. I had this problem on my Z10 and running an autoloader fixed it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    I've been reading various forums and did see this occurring quite frequently on Z10 yes. I think a new autoloader should be released this week sometime so I'll wait around for that or else I'll have to send phone to BlackBerry. #nothappy

12-29-14 11:37 AM
28 12