Hey everyone,

I'm having issues connecting to Blackberry link recently. It tells me that it cannot connect to device and to restore. Restoring my passport for this problem isn't an option so I'm looking for some help. Have followed multiple online forums with know luck. Could this be due to the most recent Mac OS update? Please help!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:13 PM
    I am having the exact same problem with my passport and mac running el capitan. No solution yet.

Robertino  Passport
    12-17-15 12:30 PM
    Same here. I found that if I connect it via USB and then disconnect it, it will pair over WiFi no problem. Maybe that helps. I am also on osx El Capitan.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 12:04 AM
    I had a similar problem with my Z30. I uninstalled and then reinstalled Link and things got to working again. I'm on Windows 10. I noticed that the connection error happened after the last Windows update. I don't know if that was just a coincidence or the update actually affected the connection.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 12:14 AM
    I'm having the same problem too. I had issues with other USB devices connecting to El Cap also.
    12-18-15 08:30 PM
    Having same connection issue to link. Started right after the latest Windows update for 10.... In 'device manager' when I attempt to connect, an 'unknown' device shows up and it can't find a driver. When I uninstall it, reconnect my passport via USB, the 'unknown device' shows back up.... Seems like it may be related to the latest Windows 10 update...
    12-18-15 09:12 PM
    Yes, Link has similar behavior in Win 7,8,10.. not sure the exact reason but I believe during updates there are some com files or dll files or ini or inf files that have the not been updated or changed.. Simple work around if you want to call it that.. Is Uninstall your link, when it asks to keep your prior saved files say yes. Do not wipe the link totally off. Then download the latest Link program from BB. BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US then open it after install, first, log in to your BB account.. give it a minute, then connect to your USB cable, give it a minute or two to communicate with your BB as it is sizing and setting up your phone for it's communication with the Link.. if you get the "unable to connect" etc. give it a bit longer or unplug out of the BB give a few seconds replug. give it a minute or so or less and you should be good.. Hope this works and helps, etc
    Wish All A Great New Year!
    12-18-15 09:24 PM
    Mine hasn't worked for ages....

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    12-18-15 09:29 PM
    You have to delete all BB software on the computer. Everything and reboot. Plug Passport in USB and check install drivers/software. Everything and Blend will work.
    12-18-15 10:07 PM
    Link is connecting again after I installed the latest Mac OS El Capitan.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 09:26 AM
    I Uninstalled link then did a fresh download and reinstall and it works fine again.

Robertino  Passport
    12-19-15 01:25 PM
    Ok, so after killing most of a day screwing around with this, I finally fully uninstalled both Link and Kaspersky and reinstalled Link/Blend.... It worked!!!! I'm now going to reinstall Kaspersky and see if it's all good. Wow....I was considering having to buy a Priv to replace this Passport....(probably just an excuse! haha)...
    12-20-15 11:26 PM