Hey, I dropped my BB Passport today - no damage. I picked it up - looked okay, a little wonky, so I decided to do a restart. The restart locked up and so I held the on/off switch to do a hard restart and then it never woke up again. No spark, no nothing. I put it in the charge cradle, nothing. No longer how long I hold the button. So, there is a small pin hole on the left of the USB plug at the bottom of the phone - is that the mic for the phone or is this one of those reset buttons? Just curious. I will be getting a new phone from my service provider but also wanted to see if I could save it before I hand it over back to my phone company. Thoughts?? Thanks.
    08-10-15 08:07 PM
    The small pin hole is in fact the mic. Have you tried connecting the phone to your PC and using Link?
    tg1 likes this.
    08-10-15 08:33 PM
    Yep, I did try, I had it in the docking station and booted up Link - Link didn't recognize it. No power on the phone - so Link just sat there looking for a phone. Thanks for the idea though!
    08-10-15 10:40 PM
    That 'small hole' is also some sort of reset thing. If you will poke it with a metal pin and managed to short-circuit the '+' and '-' thing, your mobile will reset... just kidding...

If pushing and holding the power button and/or pushing both 'up' and 'down' volume and holding them down for more than 15 seconds and still nothing happens (of course, we are assuming here that your battery is not totally drain) including using BlackBerry link approach, the only left option is to open your device and check the connection of the battery. It may somehow damaged or disconnect some connection when it fell and has delay reaction.

But if you have a chance to replace it, just save yourself from all these troubles i.e. return it...

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    08-10-15 10:58 PM
    That 'small hole' is also some sort of reset thing. If you will poke it with a metal pin and managed to short-circuit the '+' and '-' thing, your mobile will reset... just kidding...

If pushing and holding the power button and/or pushing both 'up' and 'down' volume and holding them down for more than 15 seconds and still nothing happens (of course, we are assuming here that your battery is not totally drain) including using BlackBerry link approach, the only left option is to open your device and check the connection of the battery. It may somehow damaged or disconnect some connection when it fell and has delay reaction.

But if you have a chance to replace it, just save yourself from all these troubles i.e. return it...

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! Instead of fiddle or faddling with it just return/exchange under warranty!

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    08-11-15 01:53 PM
    I just want to get my stuff off the flash drive. I'm hoping that my most recent Link connection backed up everything I need or don't want. But the extra service care from Telus seems to have come in handy.
    08-11-15 09:16 PM