I've been quite pleased with my Passport until today, when the Hub stopped working (I would try to open a message and nothing would happen - then Hub when blank). So I switched off the phone.

Now the phone simply won't boot back up (it was 75% charged), it just hangs for between 90 seconds and a couple of minutes with the BlackBerry logo showing and the keyboard lit up, then it switches off.

Any ideas appreciated.
    10-14-14 07:17 PM
    Just a guess, but sounds like the image may be corrupt. Does your computer see it when connected to USB? Did you try a hard reset?

What the what?
    10-14-14 07:27 PM
    how do you do a hard reset on a Passport?
    10-14-14 07:43 PM
    Here's so more info. Now I have to hold down the power button for like 20-30 seconds for the logo to pop up, and the phone is getting very hot trying to start.
    10-14-14 07:45 PM
    Hard reset : depress the volume up and volume down buttons until it reboots. Does Link see you phone when connect via USB?

What the what?
    10-14-14 08:13 PM
    I finally figured out that is you press the power button and the BlackBerry Assistant button at the same time it does a hard reset. Everything is working fine now.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:23 AM
    Hello, I reported a "Booting Problem" for my "Blackberry Passport" and I will explain the issue! The screen remained black except for the Blackberry logo! The red flashing light was indicating a missed phone call as well as Hub Incoming messages! The Blackberry Logo was all that was on the black screen like it is when you attempt your boot! It however was intermittent! on/off/on/off! I tried the Cold Boot with the upper and lower volumn buttons but to no avail. After becoming frustrated I held the On/off button for 10 seconds and it then began to show a screen and Voila; up and running! Not sure of the problem and hoping that this is not an indicator of something more complex! Irwinkle1
    01-02-17 11:31 AM
    My Passport rebooted itself and is now stuck in a boot loop. It gets stuck at 100% and is not able to communicate with link. I've tried all the reset methods aside from pulling the back off and disconnecting the battery. It even ran out of battery since it cannot be shut off. I guess there'd be no way of getting pictures off it..
    Passport won't boot-img_20170101_213515.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 05:02 PM
    My Passport rebooted itself and is now stuck in a boot loop. It gets stuck at 100% and is not able to communicate with link. I've tried all the reset methods aside from pulling the back off and disconnecting the battery. It even ran out of battery since it cannot be shut off. I guess there'd be no way of getting pictures off it..
    Posted via CB10
    Have you tried an autoloader? Are your photos not on the SD card?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Niallac; 01-03-17 at 10:26 AM.
    01-03-17 09:54 AM
    Have you tried an autoloader? Are your photos not on the SD card?

Posted via CB10
    Haven't tried an autoloader since it would wipe the device. The photos I was looking for were not on the SD card but I'm thinking I may have backed them up somewhere sometime which I'm horrible at doing so I'll look in the meantime lol. It's sitting with a dead battery atm and will see if it maybe boots later. Thx for the advice.
    01-03-17 12:26 PM
    Im having the same problem here with a user. Stuck in a reboot cycle and wont get out. I held power button down for 30 seconds. I held Volume +- and power button for 20 seconds.
    Nothing is getting it out. As well, all the photos are on the phone and I dont want to loose them.

Any other options?
    05-23-17 10:43 AM