Lol I intended to write this not knowing who actually won. But it seemed that PassPort manages to win despite being the underdog. XD

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    04-01-15 08:55 PM
    Lol I intended to write this not knowing who actually won. But it seemed that PassPort manages to win despite being the underdog. XD

Posted via CB10
    Such a good way to go about life. All about setting the right expectations and you'll never be disappointed! Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 11:21 PM
    Another thread where no one reads the OP!!
    Actually the OP fooled himself in trying to fool some people here. The Passport WON.

All smartphones bow to my BlackBerry Passport
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-02-15 12:59 AM
    a total of nonsense "poll"
    what make it nonsense is one side's fan posted the poll in fan site to gain vote numbers while the other side did not. And that happened in all polls.
    04-02-15 01:22 AM
    while the other side did not. And that happened in all polls.
    Correction. There's a posts that seeks votes for OneplusOne. look it up and you may find it.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 02:46 AM
    The OnePlusOne phone have Chinese labourers working for 10 cents an hour to solicit blogs making sure they win. Other then that I don't know a single person who owns that ugly phone.
    No need to rub it in
    04-02-15 03:21 AM
    I ain't suprised hehe

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    04-02-15 04:28 AM
    I don't understand this... Did you guys even read the posts?? The Passport WON...... Now all of you who said the poll was fixed and meaningless, do you still believe that????
    04-02-15 06:33 AM
    04-02-15 07:37 AM
    I don't understand this... Did you guys even read the posts?? The Passport WON...... Now all of you who said the poll was fixed and meaningless, do you still believe that????
    Yes - these type of Polls are just big fat jokes

It does not tell the consumer anything - not a single little thing. "favorite" or "best" is subjective

What makes a phone "better" than a different phone?

It is a nonsense "contest" to set devices up against each other like this, To make the result a little bit interesting, you need to know WHO voted for WHICH device, for WHAT reasons, and HOW they use their device, WHICH apps they need etc... and still it would not be a good comparison.

As I have mentioned here in the forum before... What makes a BMW 4 door sedan Better than a Mercedes 4 door sedan? Immagine they have different colors, different price, and similar engines - but not same... HOW can you tell that one is better than the other?

HOW can you say OSX is better than Windows? In some aspects it might be, in other not so much...

It all comes down to the use,

If all you do is to play games, (a smartphone is not the best choice for you anyway), a Passport is not the best for those who need a big screen to play on... and the OnebyOne is Not the best if you need a secured device with a keyboard that is easier to type on, and need a fully secured BES connection to your servers at the office, including files, etc....

So again - the only thing these polls can be used for - is entertainment - to waste time.

It is very sad though, that many users take these polls and results as a guideline for their purchase... which - unfortunately say more about their lack of knowledge than anything else... It's like looking at my shiny red Ferrari Testarosa, when you really need a car to drive the family to work / kindergarden etc.. Where a good old fashioned volvo 740 turbo intercooler is what you really Need! One looks sexy nice, but is useless for the task, the other outperforms all other vehicles on safety and comfort for 5 people with luggage - has the speed and acceleration you need, - but is not much to look at.

Let us make an end to these polls, - all of them - they are useless
    04-02-15 08:00 AM
    The polls are good for two reasons, to get clicks on the site that hosts them and to provide free advertising to the winners. BlackBerry won and should have. The Passport has it all: a great OS, speedy Browser, incredible keyboard, wonderfully productive shortcuts, beautiful durable phone which is the perfect marriage of form and function.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 08:25 AM
    Yes, these polls are bull, but still glad the Passport actually won.
    04-02-15 08:26 AM
    The polls are good for two reasons, to get clicks on the site that hosts them and to provide free advertising to the winners. BlackBerry won and should have. The Passport has it all: a great OS, speedy Browser, incredible keyboard, wonderfully productive shortcuts, beautiful durable phone which is the perfect marriage of form and function.

Posted via CB10
    so good for the blog, not for the confused consumer who don't really know what is going on...

I was also one of those who tried to vote in this particular poll., and got msg saying my email had already been used... I know it had not - since the mail i use for these things is one I use for only these things, and only I know what it is... ... so regardless of who "win" - it is wrong!

and what really did passport "win"?

readers choice? based on what ? what does that mean? Who voted? age group? type of users?

and with all these links all around the social media for the polls,.. i would assume that perhaps most votes does not really come from the blog's regular users at all... I don't read the blog, but i did try to vote
    04-02-15 08:43 AM
    You did - plus, it should have been the Z30 !
    04-02-15 08:44 AM
    It is very sad though, that many users take these polls and results as a guideline for their purchase...
    Does anyone actually do this?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-02-15 10:23 AM
    Does anyone actually do this?
    I've heard people say "but that one is better than that one, just see what the poll said" ... so yes - unfortunately some do.

Keep in mind - a big percentage of the population don't have their own "mind" about things - but instead "copy" what other people who they somehow look up to say... and simply copy their voice.

Perhaps it sometimes is from lack of detailed knowledge, but they still want to have their say... and afraid of saying things "differently" than the majority - they rather "hide" behind someone elses mind ..
    04-02-15 10:30 AM
    I've heard people say "but that one is better than that one, just see what the poll said" ... so yes - unfortunately some do.
    I suppose so.

It's a funny thing. These polls are supposed to be popularity polls, but when you come down to the two finalists, it beggars credulity to suppose that the Passport and the OnePlus One are the two most popular smartphones! I suspect a rather large segment of the smartphone-using population have never heard of either one.

So, I guess what a poll such as this measures best is fanaticism.

Makes me proud to have a Passport and a OnePlus One. I think that puts me in the fanatic elite.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    04-02-15 10:40 AM
    04-02-15 07:58 PM
    LOL... now the poll is a heavenly testament of all things truthful and good.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-02-15 08:28 PM
    Just pointing out the fact. It's true that Chinese company are sending out troops to write good reviews of their products on blogs and other websites to increase sales.

No need to rub it in
    04-03-15 06:05 AM
    All you negative idiots make me laugh, the passport clearly is the beast of all phone END OF

Posted via BBPP
    04-03-15 09:11 AM
46 12