My new Passport is a great device! I am ambivalent, however, swapping my iPhone as part of BB�s Trade Up program -I�m not yet ready to pull the trigger. There appears to be a large load of familiarity necessary with this procedure � I am behind the learning curve with this substantial system.

There is now little information available (wireless printing does not appear to be incorporated into 10.3.908�s software) about how to easily send and print various documents, emails, pics., etc. to my printer for execution from my device.

I am familiar with iOS� method of sending material to be printed to my HP, but there is a separate application(s) required in order to complete this task.

Any thoughts on how to make this work? Many Thanks!
    01-12-15 04:27 PM
    There is likely to be an android app for it. What model are you using?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 04:44 PM
    Check out "PrintHand".

I love this printing app. Gives you a lot of options. Love the page preview.
    It's a beautiful but a little pricey.... but they have a free version to check for printer compatibility (nice for them to offer) before you decide to buy.
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 01-12-15 at 05:09 PM.
    andy957 and Gebo like this.
    01-12-15 04:55 PM
    PrintHand is an app in BlackBerryWorld that works. Our Samsung Laser printer and a HP Inkjet were both supported by the program. You can use the share menu in most apps to print documents or open the documents with the PrintHand app and print through the app.

There are two versions of the program, a free and a paid. The free version is just to confirm you can print a test page to your printer.

Posted via CB10
    Gebo likes this.
    01-12-15 04:56 PM
    Check out "PrintHand".

I love this printing app. Gives you a lot of options. Love the page preview.
    It's a beautiful but a little pricey.... but they have a free version to check for printer compatibility (nice for them to offer) before you decide to buy.
    PrintHand also insists on having an insane amount of permissions. Call history, device number, contacts, you name it, these guys want it. You can't change the permission afterwards either. It's marketed by an American company but the developers themselves are based in Russia. I really can't think of any technical reason why they want all these permissions. Call history? Really?

I think it's a great app, but it's a pity they demand so many permissions, way more than necessary just to print a file.
    01-12-15 05:17 PM
    The app offers a lot more functionality than just printing files. It can integrate with a lot of things so that is probably one reason for a lot of required permissions. Also, Android has no granularity to permissions, though the same thing plagues BlackBerry 10 and iOS. Permissions are lumped in categories, so even if you need access to the smallest feature of one category, you need permissions to the whole thing. Finally, there are a lot of uninformed developers out there that, when uncertain on what permissions to request, just ask for way more stuff than necessary.

That aside, I'm not sure if PrintHand works over a mobile network back into a private network. It sounds like OP needs this type of functionality.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 05:26 PM
    I'm sure I read somewhere in a thread that the hp printer app via droid will work in OS 10.3.1. You can use the hp eprint printers. Hopefully Print to Go issues get resolved soon also. With the 2 apps working it's a can't lose combination.

Epson printer app was reported to function in the current official OS 10.3

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 05:29 PM
    My home printer is a Samsung wireless printer, I use Samsung Mobile Print Android app from Google Play and it works flawless.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-12-15 05:30 PM
    The app offers a lot more functionality than just printing files. It can integrate with a lot of things so that is probably one reason for a lot of required permissions. Also, Android has no granularity to permissions, though the same thing plagues BlackBerry 10 and iOS. Permissions are lumped in categories, so even if you need access to the smallest feature of one category, you need permissions to the whole thing. Finally, there are a lot of uninformed developers out there that, when uncertain on what permissions to request, just ask for way more stuff than necessary.

That aside, I'm not sure if PrintHand works over a mobile network back into a private network. It sounds like OP needs this type of functionality.

Posted via CB10
    All true, but many people don't want all the features. I would have loved it if they would allow (like many blackberry apps do) to pick and choose the permissions after installing. I only want to print file from storage, that's it.
    01-12-15 05:33 PM
    HP also have a similar native app in the berry world. It works fine with me

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 05:34 PM
    I use "PrintersShare" on my Note2. It works great, and there are constant updates to add more printers. It worked so well that I bought the paid version. I'm hoping it will work on my Passport when I get it. Give it a try.
    Btw: I have a HP printer.

Celebrate diversity in phone choices, not homogeneity.
    01-12-15 05:51 PM
    All true, but many people don't want all the features. I would have loved it if they would allow (like many blackberry apps do) to pick and choose the permissions after installing. I only want to print file from storage, that's it.
    Completely agree. This is the reason why the granularity of BlackBerry permissions is an advantage.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 06:04 PM
    +1 on Printhand. Its worth every penny. well 499 pennies.
    chesbeau likes this.
    01-12-15 06:04 PM
    PrintHand also insists on having an insane amount of permissions. Call history, device number, contacts, you name it, these guys want it. You can't change the permission afterwards either. It's marketed by an American company but the developers themselves are based in Russia. I really can't think of any technical reason why they want all these permissions. Call history? Really?

I think it's a great app, but it's a pity they demand so many permissions, way more than necessary just to print a file.
    Look at the functionality this particular app. Then you will realise why it needs those permissions.

It is an android port so you are not able to turn your permissions on or off at will. But how do you expect an app to print a contact without having access to your contacts or print a document without having access to shared files.

I'm hesitant about such apps also but I look at the functionality. I also take a look to make sure it's not running in the background after I'm done with it. I'll even go so far to see if it was using mobile or Wifi data and how much.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:50 PM
    iPrint&Scan from Brother works with my Z10 and Brother laser. I loaded it with Snap
    01-12-15 11:01 PM
    Most newer printers have wireless printing availability

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-12-15 11:01 PM
    I use Printershare & it works fine, although I only use it occasionally as I work from home, & laptop on all the time. I got the full version when it was offered as a freebie on Amazon App store.

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    chesbeau likes this.
    01-13-15 03:55 AM
    I'm using the cloud print. Simple and it works really well.

Blackberry Passport makes it easier..
    01-13-15 04:48 AM
    Hey, thanks for all your GREAT suggestions! I have to look for other solutions as PrinterShare's reply indicates I'm out of luck.
    "Unfortunately we are not sure when or if we are going to be able to create a mobile driver for this*
    printer: HP Laserjet cp1525nw. There are no drivers that are known to be compatible with this printer."
    01-17-15 10:42 AM
    Printhand works flawlessly!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:10 AM
    Hammermill is a free wifi print app. It is the same software as a another app which is expensive (i don't remember the name of the app).
    The Hammermill app is obviously promoting their brand of paper. There are a few innocuous ads for paper which are very easy to click out of.

Give it a try.
    01-17-15 11:51 AM
    Hey, i'm new to my Passport and searched for a Wifi printing App, too.

I bought Printhand mobile premium After i checked that my printer is supported( canon pixma mg 5300 series)

But when i want to Print sth from Docs to Go it says: sendto failed EPIPE (broken pipe)

Do you know what this could be?

Thanks
    Rob
    Passport Wireless Printing-img_20150206_201958.png

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 01:29 PM
    It seems that Print to Go isn't available for the Passport!
    And that's a BB app that was backed on the OS at BB10 start!

App developed by Blackberry themselves and available on other devicers, but not updated (not that it would need lot of works!) for the PP!
    A shame for a said workhorse !!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 01:53 PM
    Hammermill is a free wifi print app. It is the same software as a another app which is expensive (i don't remember the name of the app).
    The Hammermill app is obviously promoting their brand of paper. There are a few innocuous ads for paper which are very easy to click out of.

Give it a try.
    +1 on Hammermill. Got it from Amazon App store and it works flawlessly with my Canon Pixma wireless printer.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 04:23 PM
    My home printer is a Samsung wireless printer, I use Samsung Mobile Print Android app from Google Play and it works flawless.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    I have got my passport to recognize epson and brother printers (in m offices) but can't get it to connect with my Samsung printer at home...I use the samsung print app and it just searches...even when I use nfc...this is the second passport I've owned and a classic and all three refuse to connect to it???? Am I missing something??
    08-15-16 07:15 PM
30 12