I'm in ontario! That is crazy how much they charger us here.
    Seems a lot crazier.. cause it is..difference is it's spread out along a 2 year term instead of 3, hence the higher monthly fee. Ppl had to complain.. i was happier with the 3 year contract to be honest with the smaller payments.. it's not like we wouldn't end up signing another one anyways

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    09-18-14 09:56 PM
    Seems a lot crazier.. cause it is..difference is it's spread out along a 2 year term instead of 3, hence the higher monthly fee. Ppl had to complain.. i was happier with the 3 year contract to be honest with the smaller payments.. it's not like we wouldn't end up signing another one anyways

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    Two year contracts killed it for everyone. The thing I don't get is why BYOD non-subsidized plans are so expensive from the big 3? I bought my Z30 outright, but the best I could do for data for was 1GB for $20/month (this is with Telus). No 6GB plan to be found and that was after multiple calls to retentions.
    09-18-14 10:33 PM
    So tonight I received a call from Rogers since I've been a long time customer (over 13yrs), wanting to offer me some pretty impressive plans I might add. So we got talking and I asked them about the passport. The gentleman confirmed they are getting it on day one, however he could not give me a price as it has not been confirmed yet. But he constantly kept saying yes they are getting it and just waiting to see what Bell does for pricing.

So I informed him to call me back on September 26th so we can discuss plans and pricing on the phone.

Now on a second note, he offered me an unlimited voice, long distance calling in canada, unlimited txt, voice, picture messaging in canada, voice mail, call forwarding, etc and 6GB of data for $95 plus tax. For $90 I would get 3GB of data plus same options and for $5 more on either plan I could txt to the states as I have some friends/family there. Is this reasonable?
    Good to know that Rogers will carry the passport on day one.

About the plan they're trying to give you, I have the same and pay 70$/month! I've been with them for 11-12 years. So I'm sure if you negotiate a bit, you'd be able to bring the price down!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 10:38 PM
    Find out the BYOD price for the same plan...... or else you'll pay twice the cost of the phone over the span of the contract!
    09-18-14 10:41 PM
    I had a small business account with Rogers that had unlimited calling across Canada and th US as well as unlimited texting, SMS and 3 GB for $100 per month (included taxes). My account was in BC, however I found it cheaper to add on some packages to my US account instead.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 10:52 PM
    I've also been with Rogers 13 years. I got the same plan for 6 GB $70 taxes in! Had that for three years then Rogers, without notifying me revoked some of my discounts and my bill went to $90 with tax included. So $95 plus tax is still too much. When Passport launches I will call them again and try and get my old plan back. I want Passport on contract.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 10:59 PM
    What a huge ripoff... what are you paying right now that makes you think this is a good deal?!

I have Rogers and the exact same plan, it's about 75$ plus taxes in Quebec.

Posted via CB10
    Currently I have the same plan but with only 200 day time minutes for 78 tax in.
    09-19-14 06:39 AM
    Didn't think anything could be more expensive than quebec lol. Anyway best way to get the best price is to tell them you're paying too much and competitors have offered you better plans!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 06:59 AM
    Rogers is CDMA right? Will a Rogers PP be fully compatible with Verizon?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Rogers is gsm. Bell used to be cdma. No idea if they swapped over (pretty sure they did) .

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    ummie4 likes this.
    09-19-14 07:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, Rogers is not CDMA. The only CDMA network left in Canada is Public, and they don't really count anymore.

In the meantime, I sit here buying my phones outright and put them on Wind.

Unlimited everything and no contract.

They also have below zero customer support. I actually think they are worse than Bell and Rogers, it's quite astounding how bad they are.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:32 AM
    Is MTS in Manitoba still CDMA?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:36 AM
    No, Rogers is not CDMA. The only CDMA network left in Canada is Public, and they don't really count anymore.

In the meantime, I sit here buying my phones outright and put them on Wind.

Unlimited everything and no contract.

They also have below zero customer support. I actually think they are worse than Bell and Rogers, it's quite astounding how bad they are.

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha, man, love the Wind customer support comment. I'm actually laughing out loud.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:42 AM
    Lol rogers? I have been with them longer and they never call! It's a company that they hire to call. You never get what they offer. It's all crap. He was just saying what you wanted to hear (inho). Been there before. That's why I switched to telus and for the same 6 gb plan with lots of added features, I pay $45 a month. Mind you, I signed a 3 year and got the Q10 free but pricing went up across the board since they switched to the two year plan. I used to record the phone conversations with the third party representing rogers. When I played it back to rogers loyalty and retention, they said they couldn't honor it as it wasn't them offering the deal. So I left and went to telus. In hind sight, it was a smart move. Also, telus allows you to do an early cacellation if you resign for a full term again and get the latest phone free. I will do it for the classic. They will waive the penaly for early cancellation if you get the right rep. Rogers always screwed up on my billing as well and it took 1.5 hrs every month to straighten it out. No more stress. Will rogers have the passport on the 24th or 26th? Nope!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Well of course they won't have it on the 24th, no one will.. the announce date is the 25th for sale on the 26th! :P
    However, I can definitely understand your frustration, but I do believe Rogers could likely have it day one, they're fairly good at always getting first rights to BlackBerry phones.
    09-19-14 10:04 AM
    Thanks I got confused because I though Rogers used the same model z10 as Verizon, As I recalled loading an OS from Rogers on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:27 AM
    Thanks I got confused because I though Rogers used the same model z10 as Verizon, As I recalled loading an OS from Rogers on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Rogers carries the Z10 STL100-3 model. Verizon is -4 I believe.

Also, for my Rogers contract, still on a 3-year term price but I got Unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited text&mms, voice mail, call display, and 1gb of data for 55$ plus tax.
    09-19-14 12:50 PM
    Thanks for ruining my excitement :-(

Posted via CB10
    If there's any consolation, Bell is not that much better either.
    09-19-14 01:07 PM
    ^ I have what you have but 2gb for the same price from fido.
    09-19-14 01:07 PM
    Word on Rogers Plans..

I have a plan with two lines 30Gb of shared data, free intl text, free U.S Canada calling and pretty much all the bells and whistles, for $260..

I had a similar plan with Wind previously for two years on one line and paid 40 dollars every month... never went up.. used data all the time.. when I say all the time I really mean all the time and never had any problems.. One of the reasons why I upgraded to this 30Gb plan from rogers because I used up my 2gb from original plan in less than a week.

Now you might ask why I even went with Rogers if I was happy with Wind. Well, due to work, I now have to go out of city all the time and Wind outside urban areas is a nightmare...

Anyway, during my last 8 months with Rogers my bill stayed around $260... however last month I had to make some calls back home due to a family emergency, and I didn't have access to a calling card.. my bill for this month $622.. well I did expect higher bill, maybe $100 above $150 ish.... but around $300.. I gave them a call.. apparently they charge $2+/mins to the country that I was calling to.. Mind you, while with Wind I also called direct from phone and was charged $.09/mins.. and Koodo charges $.05/mins..

I would rather not stay with Rogers but it seems to be the best option for someone with my needs, and Rogers is taking full advantage of the fact.. Its a shame, really..

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 01:29 PM
    I have wind and fido, sometimes I can't get reception in places and it's a huge headache. I think it was last week when winds network was down for the whole day in vancouver...
    09-19-14 01:35 PM
    I wonder if you can buy it before the release? they let me do that with the 9900
    09-19-14 01:55 PM
    JC, how did you get Rogers plan since you live in Asia! Or am I missing something!
    09-19-14 02:09 PM
    Rogers plan suck now since the 2 year plan change. I have an old plan, 60$ for 3gb and everything you mentioned... 90$ is wayyyy too much.

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    09-19-14 02:10 PM
    His deal is actually very good. If you look at the big 3 especially TELUS, the voice plan alone is $60 and then another $65 for 6GB.

Yes no matter what it would be nice to pay less but in terms of today's 2yr pricing it's a solid offer.

Maybe the OP could ask for another feature to sweeten the deal.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 02:30 PM
    I have wind and fido, sometimes I can't get reception in places and it's a huge headache. I think it was last week when winds network was down for the whole day in vancouver...
    That's my concern with Wind. So many times I wanted to switch to them and was told too many people using the same cell tower at the same time. And it's usually the peak hour. I suppose as Canadian we have to wait for another attempt by a US carrier or two to elbow into our market.
    09-19-14 03:27 PM
57 123