So tonight I received a call from Rogers since I've been a long time customer (over 13yrs), wanting to offer me some pretty impressive plans I might add. So we got talking and I asked them about the passport. The gentleman confirmed they are getting it on day one, however he could not give me a price as it has not been confirmed yet. But he constantly kept saying yes they are getting it and just waiting to see what Bell does for pricing.

So I informed him to call me back on September 26th so we can discuss plans and pricing on the phone.

Now on a second note, he offered me an unlimited voice, long distance calling in canada, unlimited txt, voice, picture messaging in canada, voice mail, call forwarding, etc and 6GB of data for $95 plus tax. For $90 I would get 3GB of data plus same options and for $5 more on either plan I could txt to the states as I have some friends/family there. Is this reasonable?
    yvpan1 likes this.
    09-18-14 06:27 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Getting mine hopefully there unlocked day one.... Passport!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 06:33 PM
    Right on. Hopefully Rogers stay true to that and the price isn't too crazy!

What province are you in? In Manitoba plans are way cheaper then the other provinces. So I would say if you are in Manitoba, then no, you are getting ripped off.
    My wife and I are on the share everything plans. We both get unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited text, voice mail, call display, and 10gb of data between the both of us for $125. If I had just the one line on the account it would be all that, just for $75.

Sent from my Samsung Tab 4 using Tapatalk
    09-18-14 06:41 PM
    I'm in ontario! That is crazy how much they charger us here.
    09-18-14 06:53 PM
    So tonight I received a call from Rogers since I've been a long time customer (over 13yrs), wanting to offer me some pretty impressive plans I might add. So we got talking and I asked them about the passport. The gentleman confirmed they are getting it on day one, however he could not give me a price as it has not been confirmed yet. But he constantly kept saying yes they are getting it and just waiting to see what Bell does for pricing.

So I informed him to call me back on September 26th so we can discuss plans and pricing on the phone.

Now on a second note, he offered me an unlimited voice, long distance calling in canada, unlimited txt, voice, picture messaging in canada, voice mail, call forwarding, etc and 6GB of data for $95 plus tax. For $90 I would get 3GB of data plus same options and for $5 more on either plan I could txt to the states as I have some friends/family there. Is this reasonable?
    I pay 79.00, taxes in for the same package but on a corporate rate through the Ontario Real Estate Association. Nevertheless, OP this is good news, I will be making a call to then tomorrow to make sure I get my hands on one.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-18-14 06:54 PM
    I'm in ontario! That is crazy how much they charger us here.
    Ouch! Some plans here in Quebec are $10 cheaper for the same thing (thank you Videotron)

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    dalight13 likes this.
    09-18-14 07:12 PM

Of course not!, that plan use to be 60$

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    bBOLD723 and tjseaman like this.
    09-18-14 07:32 PM

Couldn't agree more. And if you look back a bit more, for $60 you got unlimited data.

It does appear though that market conditioning works really well since some believe that getting 3 or 6GB of data for 50% more than what they used to pay is actually a good deal. In reality, it's an awful deal.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 07:36 PM

Are you kidding me that is NOT an impressive deal at all. that alone should cost you no more than $70 today.
    09-18-14 08:03 PM

Yep $60, that's what I'm paying for the same thing.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    09-18-14 08:11 PM

Rogers plan suck now since the 2 year plan change. I have an old plan, 60$ for 3gb and everything you mentioned... 90$ is wayyyy too much.

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    09-18-14 08:14 PM
    Rogers plan suck now since the 2 year plan change. I have an old plan, 60$ for 3gb and everything you mentioned... 90$ is wayyyy too much.

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    Hey JC can't wait for you to hate the passport!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 08:19 PM
    Not sure if I'm getting a good deal but I'm on Rogers in Ontario. Here's a snap OP so you can compare.
    Took me a while to haggle with retention and finally get a steady bill with no overages. It's $70/mth +$6 for int'l txts.

Edit: I've noticed that it's never Rogers that calls me it's a third party company saying their premise is to check if I'm happy. Then they try to flog products my way and the price is never cheaper than what I would get calling Rogers directly.

Passport will be on Rogers right away!-img_20140918_211746.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-18-14 08:19 PM
    What a huge ripoff... what are you paying right now that makes you think this is a good deal?!

I have Rogers and the exact same plan, it's about 75$ plus taxes in Quebec.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 08:29 PM
    Were you quoted this price with a subsidized device, or BYOD/month to month off contract? If BYOD/month to month, you should get the same for $85. If a premium subsidized device, well it still sucks but it would be quite a bit cheaper than current in market pricing.
    09-18-14 08:29 PM

I have unlimited Canada wide. Picture text etc and US/international texting with 3GB of data for $72 taxes in.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 08:30 PM
    What a huge ripoff... what are you paying right now that makes you think this is a good deal?!

I have Rogers and the exact same plan, it's about 75$ plus taxes in Quebec.

Posted via CB10
    Quebec pricing ≠ Ontario pricing
    dalight13 likes this.
    09-18-14 08:31 PM
    This thread started about rogers getting the Passport on the 26th and now it's a pissing match on who is getting a better deal lmao!!!

Posted via CB10
    Patrick Pierobon and NYTOC83 like this.
    09-18-14 08:33 PM
    This thread started about rogers getting the Passport on the 26th and now it's a pissing match on who is getting a better deal lmao!!!

Posted via CB10
    ... but still related to the question asked by the op in his original post.

sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-18-14 08:36 PM
    ... but still related to the question asked by the op in his original post.

Yes I know but I want to see some excitement for the Passport and more info in rogers getting it no people's cell phone monthly plans!!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 08:38 PM

When is day 1 though? Announced and released could be different.
    09-18-14 08:38 PM
    Yes I know but I want to see some excitement for the Passport and more info in rogers getting it no people's cell phone monthly plans!!

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Yah I'm pumped as well. Looking forward to seeing the Rogers release.

rukdngme likes this.
    09-18-14 08:39 PM
    Lol rogers? I have been with them longer and they never call! It's a company that they hire to call. You never get what they offer. It's all crap. He was just saying what you wanted to hear (inho). Been there before. That's why I switched to telus and for the same 6 gb plan with lots of added features, I pay $45 a month. Mind you, I signed a 3 year and got the Q10 free but pricing went up across the board since they switched to the two year plan. I used to record the phone conversations with the third party representing rogers. When I played it back to rogers loyalty and retention, they said they couldn't honor it as it wasn't them offering the deal. So I left and went to telus. In hind sight, it was a smart move. Also, telus allows you to do an early cacellation if you resign for a full term again and get the latest phone free. I will do it for the classic. They will waive the penaly for early cancellation if you get the right rep. Rogers always screwed up on my billing as well and it took 1.5 hrs every month to straighten it out. No more stress. Will rogers have the passport on the 24th or 26th? Nope!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-18-14 08:45 PM
    Lol rogers? I have been with them longer and they never call! It's a company that they hire to call. You never get what they offer. It's all crap. He was just saying what you wanted to hear (inho). Been there before. That's why I switched to telus and for the same 6 gb plan with lots of added features, I pay $45 a month. Mind you, I signed a 3 year and got the Q10 free but pricing went up across the board since they switched to the two year plan. I used to record the phone conversations with the third party representing rogers. When I played it back to rogers loyalty and retention, they said they couldn't honor it as it wasn't them offering the deal. So I left and went to telus. In hind sight, it was a smart move. Also, telus allows you to do an early cacellation if you resign for a full term again and get the latest phone free. I will do it for the classic. They will waive the penaly for early cancellation if you get the right rep. Rogers always screwed up on my billing as well and it took 1.5 hrs every month to straighten it out. No more stress. Will rogers have the passport on the 24th or 26th? Nope!

Thanks for ruining my excitement :-(

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 08:51 PM
    Lol sorry but hey! Think positive bro! You just never know with BlackBerry!

s.ben likes this.
    09-18-14 09:22 PM
57 123