06-23-14 12:14 PM
137 ... 456
tools
    Whoever designed the Z3 probably designed the Passport as well...which is probably no one.

Both phones are basically a housing for a screen, and add a keyboard to the Passport of course. How hard can it be to place speakers, headphone jack charging port, lock button and volume rocker around the frame where ever they fit?

The real triumph of the Passport will be how well the keyboard works, that will determine if they continue on this this technology or not. If people can adopt it and use it well it will be a success, if not it will be a gimmick and be short lived.
    06-20-14 04:17 PM
    Both phones are basically a housing for a screen, and add a keyboard to the Passport of course. How hard can it be to place speakers, headphone jack charging port, lock button and volume rocker around the frame where ever they fit?
    It's actually pretty easy, and most anyone can do it. In fact what you describe applies to most smartphones, and truth be told there are plenty of regular folks who could design much better. My next door neighbor actually designed a phone that looks better than an iPhone 6.
    06-20-14 06:25 PM
    I'm gonna get a lanyard and wear it proudly like a real passport.
    06-20-14 10:34 PM
    I think the only reason to get a passport will be to keep it for great grandchildren so 120 years from now. It's an investment in disaster. Not something I'd buy to use. BlackBerry could have used this money to build a popular phone. I just don't get it.

I have to admit it seems popular to Crackberry people though.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    That's reason I kind of want the Passport now--it is such an oddball phone. Is it too weird to succeed, or just weird enough? It's growing on me.

The Classic will be the better device, no doubt in my mind. But Chen wasn't wrong when he said people are getting fatigued by the same-old narrow, tall vertical shape of phones on the market. The Passport might be a breath of fresh air.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 12:39 AM
    From what I heard about the Passport from somebody who held the phone only, is it actually feels good in your hand . Same anxiety of the Z30 when it was first released. Comments like " To Big...to now being the best 5 inch phone. If the Passport keyboard is full of glitches lookout....but my guess is it will be an awesome Beast !!!

Z30 : posted via CB10 app
    06-22-14 07:18 AM
    It doesnt matter to me who makes the passport. The fact that it is a blackberry is enough for me. Count me in!
    06-22-14 08:30 AM
    After seeing the Passport in the teaser video, I instantly loved it. Can't wait to see how this beast works.

BBM CHANNEL - "BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    06-22-14 10:14 PM
    its almost as big as his head....
    Good one!

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-22-14 10:45 PM
    The man on Chen's right is fixating on the Passport and salivating at the same time. If I were there, I would look exactly that. LOL.
    Except that it doesn't look like the Passport will fit in his shirt pocket.
    06-22-14 11:45 PM
    I am hoping that Foxcom will make the passport, but is really doesn't matter as long as the build quality is good.

I have my money already set aside as soon as a factory unlocked device becomes available, I am buying one.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-23-14 03:34 AM
    its almost as big as his head....
    He is holding it close to the camera. Its perspective. Havent you seen the pictures of him holding it in his hands?

Seriously whats wrong with crackberrians recently. Im getting a headache reading everyone's posts.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-23-14 05:31 AM
    He is holding it close to the camera. Its perspective. Havent you seen the pictures of him holding it in his hands?

Seriously whats wrong with crackberrians recently. Im getting a headache reading everyone's posts.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    It's perspective.

You're holding us too close to your heart.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    kbz1960 and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    06-23-14 12:14 PM
137 ... 456