I think this device is fugly ... Weird looking too ... They should have given the Z10 or Z30 those specs ... The BB classic looks appropriate for qwerty users ...
    You are totally entitled to your opinion. Actually, I think it's great that BlackBerry is coming out with a polarizing design. When early buyers take this thing out in public, people will ask "what is THAT?!" If it's actually good as a phone--and I think there are some interesting ideas here--it will find a market.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-19-14 09:07 PM
    Beautiful

Posted Via my Q10
    Chen or the phone???

BB Proud
    06-19-14 09:07 PM
    Great Device!!
    06-19-14 09:35 PM
    why do you say crappy? So far the only thing out of foxconn is the z3. im not overly excited by it. The z10 was a really nice solid build. I think the passport is the ugliest thing I have seen so really it doesnt matter who makes it to me its still was slapped with the ugly stick 100 times over

So far its Blackberry up over the devices from foxconn imo
    I agree. No designer can pretty it up - if they tried for Porsche style Blackberry
    06-19-14 09:55 PM
    why do you say crappy? So far the only thing out of foxconn is the z3. im not overly excited by it. The z10 was a really nice solid build. I think the passport is the ugliest thing I have seen so really it doesnt matter who makes it to me its still was slapped with the ugly stick 100 times over

So far its Blackberry up over the devices from foxconn imo
    Thank God that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Nothing ugly about the Passport. Unfortunately some people think anything different is "weird or ugly". I guess after one year of the Passport launching the market will speak and we will all know the score.
    06-19-14 09:58 PM
    For a person boasting his greatness by cost cutting, he is creating over-expectations that might under deliver. I am not saying Blackberry going to get wiped out but I am saying so far Chen still has much to prove coming quarters. We need to start seeing growth.

Just remember when Thor was CEO. He did same thing, he trimmed the fat even surprised the street with positive EPS at one quarter but the end his double down on consumer burnt to the ground so he opted to sell the company which also failed thanks to Canadian government.

Chen doing the same 2 step, cutting costs and instead of betting on consumer, he wants to bring back the lifeblood of Blackberry which was always enterprise. BES12 should have been BES10, once again BB is late in the market and with saturation of the phone market and larger fish at play like Microsoft who also wants piece of enterprise, Blackberry has lots of work caught up for itself.
    Just curious, have you ever run a company before? If yes, was it small, medium or large size company? It's always easier said than done.
    Quit comparing Heins to John Chen because it's like comparing apples and oranges. The two men have totally different management styles.

Restructurings are never easy, especially the scale of restructuring that was needed at BlackBerry and is still presently ongoing.
    06-19-14 10:11 PM
    Numbers and symbols are above the keyboard ... do the math yourself :-)
    I was referring to the Passport's keyboard. It looked like there were only letters on the keys.
    06-19-14 10:20 PM
    Its too big!, its ugly!, its too square!, its too wide!

Cant use it with one hand! (who uses a qwerty with one hand anyway????)

All these funny out of place comments. Why dont you guys just buy a Q10 then? Its small, beautiful, rounded and narrow.

If BlackBerry listen to fans like these they will forever be stuck in the past and fail.

BlackBerry is making one device the market thinks it wants and another device they will want. Its a page off apple's books.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-19-14 10:39 PM
    Personally i think the design is smart for business people that travel a lot. Size is a known size and will fit in the same pocket as where the passport would fit. Both passports in reach.
    06-20-14 02:12 AM
    I agree the look of the Passport is very unique looking! That "can" be a good thing sometimes.

As for Build Quality.... You get what you pay for with Foxconn. BlackBerry asked for a "cheap" device, and that is what Foxconn tried to give them.... not sure $200 retail price is really cheap today, but that might have more to do with BlackBerry than Foxconn.

What I do question is WHY should BlackBerry continue to build devices... there is a HUGE cost associated with your own production facilities. Especially if you need to ramp production up and down based on demand. Really think in BlackBerry's current position, scraping hardware production facilities and employees would be a more cost effective route.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-20-14 07:27 AM
    Its too big!, its ugly!, its too square!, its too wide!

Cant use it with one hand! (who uses a qwerty with one hand anyway????)

All these funny out of place comments. Why dont you guys just buy a Q10 then? Its small, beautiful, rounded and narrow.

If BlackBerry listen to fans like these they will forever be stuck in the past and fail.

BlackBerry is making one device the market thinks it wants and another device they will want. Its a page off apple's books.

You ever read on here? A lot do
    06-20-14 07:41 AM
    I'm worried about the price... they shouldn't charge a premium like the z10 or q10 launch price... else it will be a disaster again...
    Please don't repeat the same mistakes!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    06-20-14 08:25 AM
    BlackBerry Passport ugly to me, but isn't very beautiful either. It is however very cool looking
    06-20-14 08:41 AM
    Just like everyone, my first impression of the phone is like a piece of toast. As more image surface and I have to say it looks a lot better especially on Chen's hand. More than anything it's unconventional look does set itself apart from a crowded phone market. I'm all for nonconformity. I rather wait for the next high end touch screen but I'm interested enough to look for one in real life and see how it feels on my hand. Never say never.
    06-20-14 09:34 AM
    BlackBerry hardware is top notch, what are you going on about?
    06-20-14 10:06 AM
    Wow, that's a beauty If you were a fan of Nokia's massive E61, as I was, then the Passport is that phone's spiritual successor.
    06-20-14 11:11 AM
    Damn hope everyone can get their hands in this passport phone... from best buy, to the carriers. to shopblackberry

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-20-14 11:13 AM
    Both my Z10 and Q10 were flawless and the fit and finish perfect
    Exactly - my Q10 and Z10 are both in use and working wonderfully. Did I mention how damn fast that browser is?
    06-20-14 11:19 AM
    Exactly - my Q10 and Z10 are both in use and working wonderfully. Did I mention how damn fast that browser is?
    How did you make it so fast? I find my Z30 is alright but by no means fast. Especially when there is a lot of content.
    06-20-14 11:34 AM
    How did you make it so fast? I find my Z30 is alright but by no means fast. Especially when there is a lot of content.
    Well, I go by how fast mydaughter's iphone 5 is and my hubby's SG3 (he's borrowed my Z10 now and won't give it back lol) and any of my friends and their smartphones - my browser doing a search on Google snaps up with info faster. Is that what you're asking me? I thought the Z30 was faster than all the BB10 phones ....
    kbz1960 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-20-14 12:12 PM
    The man on Chen's right is fixating on the Passport and salivating at the same time. If I were there, I would look exactly that. LOL.

Picture of Chen with Blackberry Passport

http://cdn1.blackberryempire.com/wp-...n-Passport.png
    06-20-14 12:17 PM
    Well, I go by how fast mydaughter's iphone 5 is and my hubby's SG3 (he's borrowed my Z10 now and won't give it back lol) and any of my friends and their smartphones - my browser doing a search on Google snaps up with info faster. Is that what you're asking me? I thought the Z30 was faster than all the BB10 phones ....
    That's what I thought too. Maybe my other stuff is just that much faster?????
    06-20-14 12:17 PM
    well, probably yes ,

the roll out of the Z3 and the new run of 9900s shows consciousness of sensible and safe manufacturing runs. They got burned badly with overly optimistic Z10 and Q10 production.

Not so much with Z30 and seems safe with Z3.

Expect more generous runs of "Classic" and lower for "The Beast", sorry "Passport". But they can turn on runs as necessary. They won't want to increase number in the "channel". That number is coming down nicely as phones gradually sell and written down Z10s and Q5 find homes.

Would seem like most Q10s and Z30s are selling, if slowly.

The BlackBerry Beast.. love it!!!
    06-20-14 12:32 PM
    You ever read on here? A lot do
    I have completely no idea what you're trying to get at.

06-20-14 03:30 PM
    Picture of Chen with Blackberry Passport

http://cdn1.blackberryempire.com/wp-...n-Passport.png
    its almost as big as his head....
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    06-20-14 04:06 PM
137 ... 3456