why do you say crappy? So far the only thing out of foxconn is the z3. im not overly excited by it. The z10 was a really nice solid build. I think the passport is the ugliest thing I have seen so really it doesnt matter who makes it to me its still was slapped with the ugly stick 100 times over
    Every freaking phone on the market looks the same just like sedans these days anyway.

At least Blackberry decided to build a truck instead and it looks nice from the pics with it being shown in hand.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-19-14 01:18 PM
    Looks like a work device depending on that kb, face it no one can say what it is like without using it, and how well it works and the balance etc.

I guess that s the point of the phone? It doesn't need to look good, just do the job?
    06-19-14 01:19 PM
    BlackBerry just needs to carpet bomb the world with all types of smartphones. Seems to work for Samsung. I could go with either the new Classic or the Passport, but leaning more toward the Passport. Big screen and a keyboard. Gonna be a great marriage between consuming and producing information. I really can't imagine going back to a full touch-screen phone. I suffered enough till BlackBerry brought out the Q10. In fact, that's what I'm typing on right now and loving it. Bring it, BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 01:21 PM
    I think the only reason to get a passport will be to keep it for great grandchildren so 120 years from now. It's an investment in disaster. Not something I'd buy to use. BlackBerry could have used this money to build a popular phone. I just don't get it.

I have to admit it seems popular to Crackberry people though.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    06-19-14 01:22 PM
    People that have actually held the device aren't saying crappy...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    I didn't mean build quality, I just meant in terms of finish and overall looks. Should have stated imo. Aesthetically, I just don't like how it turned out given the rest of the BlackBerry devices has a very sleek professional look and feel to them.
    06-19-14 01:23 PM
    As long it's reliable, the rest don't matter for most.

Posted via CB10
    True, reliability is key.
    06-19-14 01:23 PM
    Nokia e61, is that you?

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 278994
    aibrahi3, Nemzy and eldricho like this.
    06-19-14 01:24 PM
    ... I mean that capacitive touch keyboard is quite revolutionary in its own regard .....
    Just sharing impression: I dunno about capacitive keyboard, but the SPACEBAR looks like a TRACKPAD. I don�t found marks or light. Other keys on passport and classic have marks and light...

IF this is possible, on passport, tool belt keys are: track pad = spacebar ; BB button key = gesture; back button key = virtual at botton; call in and out = virtual or sides in a wide spacebar ??? !!!

... Just sharing crazy impression ...
    Josip2257 and gpompeus like this.
    06-19-14 01:26 PM
    People that have actually held the device aren't saying crappy...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Plus what premium material are we expecting.. it is targeted for those who want a BlackBerry workhouse with reasonable price.. it's a win some, lose some. But personally I still think it Z3 looks better than other phones in its price range.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 01:30 PM
    Just sharing impression: I dunno about capacitive keyboard, but the SPACEBAR looks like a TRACKPAD. I don�t found marks or light. Other keys on passport and classic have marks and light...

IF this is possible, on passport, tool belt keys are: track pad = spacebar ; BB button key = gesture; back button key = virtual at botton; call in and out = virtual or sides in a wide spacebar ??? !!!

... Just sharing crazy impression ...
    Don't THINK you're out of line. You might be on to something.
    mago72 likes this.
    06-19-14 01:33 PM
    I didn't mean build quality, I just meant in terms of finish and overall looks. Should have stated imo. Aesthetically, I just don't like how it turned out given the rest of the BlackBerry devices has a very sleek professional look and feel to them.
    I don't care for look, I care about a freaking keyboard that works with no double typing, I could care less if they made Q10 out of cheap plastic, as long as they had made it reliable.

In the end, enterprise could care less for looks, they want reliable phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 01:34 PM
    I don't care for look, I care about a freaking keyboard that works with no double typing, I could care less if they made Q10 out of cheap plastic, as long as they had made it reliable.

In the end, enterprise could care less for looks, they want reliable phones.

Posted via CB10
    Since the keyboard employes a new technology entirely, we'll have to wait and see.

And yes, I encountered a keyboard issue with my Q10 when I had it, and it was replaced under warranty. New devices occasionally have bugs. Get over it. We found out today that BB actually turned A PROFIT last quarter, proclaimed a pathway to sustained profitability, and officially unveiled two upcoming devices, and your takeaway is BB shouldn't be making their own hardware anymore? smh...
    Dave Bourque and wincyUt like this.
    06-19-14 01:38 PM
    I love Passport form factor, it will be a great attraction device where people will say "Oh wow what's that?". Being wide also makes it easier to type with two hands, read documents more comfortably and highest DPI and its the biggest screen with a keyboard.

Downside: Quality control, one hand typing will be difficult, and size might be a problem for some, losing space in video playback because of 1:1 ratio.
    Honestly, I didn't think I'd like this phone, but looking at it now this would be the ultimate mobile device for a businessman that does a lot of typing and also needs screen real estate. It's not the most gorgeous of devices, but it is nice and slim and looks to be very practical. I've just come back from a trip to the UK, my Q10 was smoking hot! I did practically all my work on the Q, I do a whole load of messaging, managing a social life and business efficiently is a snap with the Q10, I can't wait to get my hands on this one.........
    Nemzy likes this.
    06-19-14 01:39 PM
    Since the keyboard employes a new technology entirely, we'll have to wait and see.

And yes, I encountered a keyboard issue with my Q10 when I had it, and it was replaced under warranty. New devices occasionally have bugs. Get over it. We found out today that BB actually turned A PROFIT last quarter, proclaimed a pathway to sustained profitability, and officially unveiled two upcoming devices, and your takeaway is BB shouldn't be making their own hardware anymore? smh...
    Quality control issues have always plagued BlackBerry phones, and I replaced my Q10 3 times directly from BlackBerry and got a roulette of defects even though they told they thoroughly checked the phone.

Phone sales and market share keeps shrinking. I don't consider success. Anyone can sell assets and fire people to balance the books, but bringing back growth to a sinking ship requires a genius.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 01:42 PM
    Passport is equivalent of Samsung Note for Qwerty Phones. Very unique, I think it will be a big it. Have never owned a qwerty phone but might try this one.
    06-19-14 01:50 PM
    I fear some Village is missing their id!ot!
    damien kupuku likes this.
    06-19-14 02:15 PM
    Firstly I had "super sensitive" SYM key that worked only if you swiped over it, not if you pressed it. Then I had double typing issues two times - combination of E,R and M,N.

Posted via CB10
    I had a similar problem but I knew whose fault it was - mine. I was pushing the keys too hard. The keys that failed first were my the ones for my unlock password.

Regardless BlackBerry replaced it free any way. Thereafter I make sure to type with "just enough" pressure and not stomp on the keys with my fingers.

I have 3 Q10's. I will be getting the passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 02:30 PM
    Nokia e61, is that you?

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 278994
    Oh wow how do you get a similar look from those two devices? Not at all!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    06-19-14 02:33 PM
    keeping passport out of chinese hands to prevent security issues and fake knock offs
    06-19-14 03:10 PM
    Quality control issues have always plagued BlackBerry phones, and I replaced my Q10 3 times directly from BlackBerry and got a roulette of defects even though they told they thoroughly checked the phone.

Phone sales and market share keeps shrinking. I don't consider success. Anyone can sell assets and fire people to balance the books, but bringing back growth to a sinking ship requires a genius.

Posted via CB10
    The profit for the quarter doesn't include real estate sales, and the decline in sales is slowing. You're talking out of your ***
    wincyUt likes this.
    06-19-14 03:41 PM
    The first time I ever saw the Samsung Note line of phablets, I thought they were way too big and very ugly. Who would have thought, these types of devices are hot sellers and very popular amongst certain users. Bottom line is, just because you don't like it doesn't necessarily mean others won't find it useful or that it will be a flop. We'll just have to wait and see!
    wincyUt likes this.
    06-19-14 03:45 PM
    I love Passport form factor, it will be a great attraction device where people will say "Oh wow what's that?". Being wide also makes it easier to type with two hands, read documents more comfortably and highest DPI and its the biggest screen with a keyboard.

Downside: Quality control, one hand typing will be difficult, and size might be a problem for some, losing space in video playback because of 1:1 ratio.
    A++++

Z30 : posted via CB10 app
    06-19-14 03:53 PM
    Better looking and materials than the leaked pics? Not asking for specific, of course.
    Seems like Chen himself has shown it now.
    It's definitively faster than Z30 (should be of course), screen seemed a bit more responsive (might just be "momemnt of exitment"), Build quality was fine but so is the Q and Z series IMHO too.

I don't know about materials.
    The width is the first thing you notice is differenct. Keys are also diffent (wider), so it creates a different look.
    06-19-14 04:27 PM
    Why is that being said....

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 04:37 PM
    The Classic looks much nicer than the Passport. Those square edges on the passport and Z3 are awful.

I think the Classic looks alright, but has a stupid name. I'm also hoping we see a Z10 replacement come along before too long, and not some Foxxconn ugly rectangle.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 04:48 PM
137 12345 ...